ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ušce Park, Novi Beograd (New Belgrade), Serbia, 14th July 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
14th July 2007 04:46 PM
bootcover

14th July 2007 04:47 PM
mrhipfl yes!!!!

mustache gone!!!

this will get Sir Stonesalot to come back for sure
14th July 2007 04:57 PM
Wilco Gilette, the best a man can get!

Wilco
14th July 2007 04:58 PM
DrSnuggles I am sure, he faxed the mustache to some one ?
14th July 2007 04:59 PM
Gazza 12. Miss You (to b stage)
13. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (b stage)
14. Satisfaction (b stage)
15. Honky Tonk Women (back to main stage)

14th July 2007 05:01 PM
Gaby
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
yes!!!!

mustache gone!!!

That horrible mustache is gone AT LAST.
Seriously, Keith, what were you thinking of? :s
14th July 2007 05:07 PM
akissaway I agree. It's about time Keith got rid of that poor excuse for a moustache.
14th July 2007 05:07 PM
open-g maybe he saw too many bankers with moustache - yeah, that's what put him off of it.
14th July 2007 05:15 PM
Gaby Lol. Well it's National Day here in France, I can hear the fireworks, but can't get out because I'm sick therefore I'm glad that Keith thought of me and got rid of it makes me feel better to think that they're playing right now, probably SFTD...
14th July 2007 05:17 PM
bootcover

14th July 2007 05:22 PM
Gaby Thanks for the pics! I really like the first one
14th July 2007 05:24 PM
akissaway Love the photos. Thanks, Marco. Mick looks fabulous as always!

Many many thanks to our fearless leader Gazza for his tireless efforts to bring the Stones tour to us while it happens. Thanks Lorenz for the reporting.
[Edited by akissaway]
14th July 2007 05:25 PM
Gazza 16 Sympathy For The Devil
17 Paint It Black
18.Jumpin' Jack Flash

Encore
19. Brown Sugar

"Great show overall, even though Keith messed up quite a lot." - Lorenz
[Edited by Gazza]
14th July 2007 05:33 PM
open-g Thanks you, Lorenz and Gazza for the updates.
14th July 2007 05:40 PM
Stray Cat UK Thanks Gazza.

19 songs with YCAGWYW and MR. Must have been a long show.

NO TASH = LONGER SETS ?..........YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sc uk
14th July 2007 05:59 PM
NoStoneUnturned Are those pics from Belgrade??
14th July 2007 06:13 PM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
bootcover wrote:

He is on FIRE!
14th July 2007 06:15 PM
Mr Jurkka
quote:

Yes old keith is back! Those mustache really made me nervous.
14th July 2007 06:16 PM
GotToRollMe
Nice run of songs right here:

All Down The Line
(Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo) Heartbreaker
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Midnight Rambler
I'll Go Crazy
Tumbling Dice
You Got The Silver

AND the 'stache is gone!

Not bad!

Thanks Gazza and Lorenz for the setlist.

14th July 2007 06:20 PM
Straycat87 Rock'n'Roll has lost his Clark Gable... but the Demon (in Belgrad tonite, not in Madrid) is back !
14th July 2007 06:44 PM
charlotte thanks for the setlist and pictures
14th July 2007 06:45 PM
tumbled ronnie's jacket has a nudie attitude!
14th July 2007 07:55 PM
mrhipfl weird how much older the mustache made him look.
14th July 2007 07:57 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

AND the 'stache is gone!

Not bad!

Now we have proof!!
They read this Board!!
Why just this past Wednesday after Fotini, GTRM and I all agreed, I declared "the moustache must go".

Thanks Keith.
We really DO know what is best for you.

Now, kindly get rid of the black/silver glitter jacket. It is beneath you to wear that thing.

Thanks
LJ.
14th July 2007 08:13 PM
Stache
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Now we have proof!!
They read this Board!!
Why just this past Wednesday after Fotini, GTRM and I all agreed, I declared "the moustache must go".

Thanks Keith.
We really DO know what is best for you.

Now, kindly get rid of the black/silver glitter jacket. It is beneath you to wear that thing.

Thanks
LJ.

Darling,

You've got an eye of an eagle

I love you baby
14th July 2007 08:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
NoStoneUnturned wrote:
Are those pics from Belgrade??

Of course!!
14th July 2007 08:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
DrSnuggles wrote:
I am sure, he faxed the mustache to some one ?

Maybe there was an auction at the Deutsche Bank gig the other night for it....
14th July 2007 08:38 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Maybe there was an auction at the Deutsche Bank gig the other night for it....

nah, it would have appeared on ebay by now.
14th July 2007 09:45 PM
Voja BELGRADE CONCERT

O.K. If anyone is interesting my opinion about Belgrade concert please read firstly my review of Budva’s http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,755297,page=7
And I’ll tell you I really eat shit in this text. I’m a ashamed! (Shame! Shame!) And I’m writing now only to make atonement of my sin.
And now I hate to must say Budva was excellent, but Belgrade was pure miracle. And in my craziest dreams I didn’t imagine that in my hometown, in crazy Serbia I could see best Stones show ever. It was my 11 show (all tours except No Security) since ’76. I have tones of bootlegs, for example ABB almost all on DVD, but this night was like highlights in Argentina or Holland. From beginning!!!!!!
Crowd: 80.000. Songs: 3 new (YGMR, All Down The Line, Heartbreaker). Security: never better.
Keith Richards? Uh. New man. He cut his mustache!!! Was I had that much wrong about Budva show? In wonderful green shirt he demonstrated all his best. SFD for example had solo like on original! You Got Silver so persuasive.
Mick Jagger? What I wrote how he spoke language from this area so much in Budva? Well tonight he outreached himself. And he understand all what he spoke! Do you want examples? (‘’Ja uzivam! A vi? – I enjoy! How about you? / And look this bravura: (To Lisa) ’’Lepa ti je suknja…ali su ti sandale ruzne’’- ‘’Your skirt is nice…but yours sandals are so ugly’’)
O.K. Some could say that this domestic Micks speakig is chip treak, and that I fail on this. Don’t be fool.
Here were incredible interchange of energy between Stones and crowd. And these first songs on set were so unheard for ordinary visitors. Even You Got Me Rocking, but from first tact something happened and band gave theirs best! For example YCAGWYW and Rambler were more then 20 minutes both in set.
All this I couldn’t explain. Probably in some time in some place chemistry made it all. Yes crowd was massive, but same was in Athens’98 for example. I really don’t know to explain.
What I wrote about ‘’Satisfaction’’ in little stage in Budva. Tonight all crowds went crazy on that song. Too much Slovenians, Croatians, Macedonians and Mick mentioned Romanians also.
And at last, in this late hours 3.30 A.M. I have to say I don’t give fuck because it happened in Serbia, Stones are good wherever, but tonight was special night. And band knows it I’m sure!
P.S. These was about Budvading a ling really)
SUMMER ROMANCE WITH STONES by Voja

I’m old Stones fan (58); my first Stones concerts were Zagreb ’76, and I’m Serb. I wanted to see Stones in Budva because it’s near, but before trip I had to answer to most horrible question in the world:’ Stones coming to your town Belgrade, 1,5 kilometers air line close to your home, so why you going to Budva?’’ (How to explain these to Stones nonfans?)
Montenegro has population about 650.000 and it’s smallest country where Stones had been ever, as I remember well. Serbia & Montenegro live in union more then 85 years, and we both have same roots, names and language. More then year ago Montenegrins wanted to separate with Serbia and it was clever decision (for both!) Budva is tourist capital for this country, and they desperately wanted Stones therefore tourist and political promotion. But for ordinary Montenegrins Stones, naturally, means nothing.
So you could bye tickets for cheap prices on the day of the concert (only 32 EUR), and some rumors is that tickets shared for free in gas stations, markets etc. I repeat its rumors. Officials said that in concerts were 62.000, papers about 55.000 and truth is that there was about 40-45.000. In these circumstances it’s equal to Chinese population. Organization was really excellent.
But best of all is that concert was in Jaz beach, and sea is about 150 meters far from place. For me it’s good opportunity to swim 20 min. before Stones and its fine way to escape from boring opening acts. I mean that on Kopcabana wasn’t like this! Disadvantage was that only few Stones fans used this opportunity. You needed only hot towel and concert tickets!
O.K. let’s go on concert. First of all biggest surprise – Stones played only 18 songs! (Little less than 2 hours!!!)
Sec – (I have hundreds and hundreds Stones boots and never, absolutely never Sir Mick Jagger didn’t spoke in domestic language like on this concert. Never! I know that he is good in French, probably he spoke Spanish but in Budva he talked too much this Serbo-Croatian, or (after Hague trial) BCS or whatever this language is. And mostly he even didn’t need teleprompter!!! Once he said ‘’Nas BUBNJAR Charlie Watts’’, which means ‘’Our DRUMMER C.W.’’. And this word is so hard to pronounce for domestic people. Also he said in Serbo-Croatian ‘’Drago nam je sto smo na ovom prostoru’’, which means ‘’we like to be in this area’’. And you have to make distinction because he didn’t say ‘’We like to be on this country’’. Because (and he mentioned) there were Croatians, Serbs, Albanians and Russians (these lasts I didn’t saw any!). But also there were Serbs and Croats from Bosnia and Bosnians, too. (Thereabout as lyric in song ‘’Sand it To Me’’- only not Aliens.)
Keith Richards in one moment congratulated Mick to good knowing of foreign languages and (thanks god) didn’t say this boring phrase ‘’Good to be here, good to be everywhere’’. Before his set he said something like that he don’t speak like Mick this language and salute to the public in his memorable touching and cognizable way.
Long time ago, as I remember well in late 70’s Mick Jagger had stupid idea to change name of the band to ‘’Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones’’. After this tour name of the band must be ‘’Mick Jagger And His Fabulous The Rolling Stones’’, because (unfortunately) Mick gave to the band all – direction, emotion and creativity. Keith gives nostalgia and his incredible image. For Ron good is that he could share profit last few years. And also is fine that Charlie is with them because Stones without him never be complete. (But of course could exist). Point is seems that Keith is in bad condition. This mean: he is sweet still, he looks rebellious sometimes, even in moments he is real Keith Richards whose after 18 said ‘’Yes sir’’ to no one (except heroin), but life is short and limited. I’m shame to say that in Budva, even in ‘’Paint It Black’’ he made mistake with simple opening. Withal bootlegs will be, and if I had wrong blame it on me.
Others: Lisa & Bernard good as always, Blondie probably had to be there and brass section employing is not like on tours before. For example with them ‘’Ain’t Too Proud To Beg’’ was better than on original. Daryl Jones? I saw him when introduction was, and he is better then Bill Wyman, only. And Chuck (with his /what to say about/’Save The Tree’ T shirt) looks like he never herd for Chuck Berry’s Johnny Johnston. This means that piano could sound more basic and r&r.
Set: Good! Especially ‘Rambler’ and ‘YCAGWYW’. But only Micks and Chuck knows why ‘Satisfaction’ was on small stage. ‘You Got The Silver’ was capela as in last few concerts, and highlights was as always ‘JJF’.
At last question is what will be in Belgrade? For Stones set probably ‘CYHMK’ and some old song like ‘Angie’.
For attendance I have to say that young public have this Exit festival which happening in same time. And this festival is Serbian youth brand. Also here were 15 days before Red Hot Chilly Peppers and they played only 14 songs in front of 100.000 people and this was big disappointing for the young’s. Peppers, out of space, thought that it was festival; organization seduced young people and they, because don’t know who Stones are, expect short concert. Advertising was bad; government only thinking about Kosovo (not what the our people will eat) and for me success is concert itself… BTW show was phanthastic!!!
15th July 2007 12:16 AM
mojoman
quote:
Voja wrote:
BELGRADE CONCERT

O.K. If anyone is interesting my opinion about Belgrade concert please read firstly my review of Budva’s http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,755297,page=7
And I’ll tell you I really eat shit in this text. I’m a ashamed! (Shame! Shame!) And I’m writing now only to make atonement of my sin.
And now I hate to must say Budva was excellent, but Belgrade was pure miracle. And in my craziest dreams I didn’t imagine that in my hometown, in crazy Serbia I could see best Stones show ever. It was my 11 show (all tours except No Security) since ’76. I have tones of bootlegs, for example ABB almost all on DVD, but this night was like highlights in Argentina or Holland. From beginning!!!!!!
Crowd: 80.000. Songs: 3 new (YGMR, All Down The Line, Heartbreaker). Security: never better.
Keith Richards? Uh. New man. He cut his mustache!!! Was I had that much wrong about Budva show? In wonderful green shirt he demonstrated all his best. SFD for example had solo like on original! You Got Silver so persuasive.
Mick Jagger? What I wrote how he spoke language from this area so much in Budva? Well tonight he outreached himself. And he understand all what he spoke! Do you want examples? (‘’Ja uzivam! A vi? – I enjoy! How about you? / And look this bravura: (To Lisa) ’’Lepa ti je suknja…ali su ti sandale ruzne’’- ‘’Your skirt is nice…but yours sandals are so ugly’’)
O.K. Some could say that this domestic Micks speakig is chip treak, and that I fail on this. Don’t be fool.
Here were incredible interchange of energy between Stones and crowd. And these first songs on set were so unheard for ordinary visitors. Even You Got Me Rocking, but from first tact something happened and band gave theirs best! For example YCAGWYW and Rambler were more then 20 minutes both in set.
All this I couldn’t explain. Probably in some time in some place chemistry made it all. Yes crowd was massive, but same was in Athens’98 for example. I really don’t know to explain.
What I wrote about ‘’Satisfaction’’ in little stage in Budva. Tonight all crowds went crazy on that song. Too much Slovenians, Croatians, Macedonians and Mick mentioned Romanians also.
And at last, in this late hours 3.30 A.M. I have to say I don’t give fuck because it happened in Serbia, Stones are good wherever, but tonight was special night. And band knows it I’m sure!
P.S. These was about Budvading a ling really)
SUMMER ROMANCE WITH STONES by Voja

I’m old Stones fan (58); my first Stones concerts were Zagreb ’76, and I’m Serb. I wanted to see Stones in Budva because it’s near, but before trip I had to answer to most horrible question in the world:’ Stones coming to your town Belgrade, 1,5 kilometers air line close to your home, so why you going to Budva?’’ (How to explain these to Stones nonfans?)
Montenegro has population about 650.000 and it’s smallest country where Stones had been ever, as I remember well. Serbia & Montenegro live in union more then 85 years, and we both have same roots, names and language. More then year ago Montenegrins wanted to separate with Serbia and it was clever decision (for both!) Budva is tourist capital for this country, and they desperately wanted Stones therefore tourist and political promotion. But for ordinary Montenegrins Stones, naturally, means nothing.
So you could bye tickets for cheap prices on the day of the concert (only 32 EUR), and some rumors is that tickets shared for free in gas stations, markets etc. I repeat its rumors. Officials said that in concerts were 62.000, papers about 55.000 and truth is that there was about 40-45.000. In these circumstances it’s equal to Chinese population. Organization was really excellent.
But best of all is that concert was in Jaz beach, and sea is about 150 meters far from place. For me it’s good opportunity to swim 20 min. before Stones and its fine way to escape from boring opening acts. I mean that on Kopcabana wasn’t like this! Disadvantage was that only few Stones fans used this opportunity. You needed only hot towel and concert tickets!
O.K. let’s go on concert. First of all biggest surprise – Stones played only 18 songs! (Little less than 2 hours!!!)
Sec – (I have hundreds and hundreds Stones boots and never, absolutely never Sir Mick Jagger didn’t spoke in domestic language like on this concert. Never! I know that he is good in French, probably he spoke Spanish but in Budva he talked too much this Serbo-Croatian, or (after Hague trial) BCS or whatever this language is. And mostly he even didn’t need teleprompter!!! Once he said ‘’Nas BUBNJAR Charlie Watts’’, which means ‘’Our DRUMMER C.W.’’. And this word is so hard to pronounce for domestic people. Also he said in Serbo-Croatian ‘’Drago nam je sto smo na ovom prostoru’’, which means ‘’we like to be in this area’’. And you have to make distinction because he didn’t say ‘’We like to be on this country’’. Because (and he mentioned) there were Croatians, Serbs, Albanians and Russians (these lasts I didn’t saw any!). But also there were Serbs and Croats from Bosnia and Bosnians, too. (Thereabout as lyric in song ‘’Sand it To Me’’- only not Aliens.)
Keith Richards in one moment congratulated Mick to good knowing of foreign languages and (thanks god) didn’t say this boring phrase ‘’Good to be here, good to be everywhere’’. Before his set he said something like that he don’t speak like Mick this language and salute to the public in his memorable touching and cognizable way.
Long time ago, as I remember well in late 70’s Mick Jagger had stupid idea to change name of the band to ‘’Mick Jagger and The Rolling Stones’’. After this tour name of the band must be ‘’Mick Jagger And His Fabulous The Rolling Stones’’, because (unfortunately) Mick gave to the band all – direction, emotion and creativity. Keith gives nostalgia and his incredible image. For Ron good is that he could share profit last few years. And also is fine that Charlie is with them because Stones without him never be complete. (But of course could exist). Point is seems that Keith is in bad condition. This mean: he is sweet still, he looks rebellious sometimes, even in moments he is real Keith Richards whose after 18 said ‘’Yes sir’’ to no one (except heroin), but life is short and limited. I’m shame to say that in Budva, even in ‘’Paint It Black’’ he made mistake with simple opening. Withal bootlegs will be, and if I had wrong blame it on me.
Others: Lisa & Bernard good as always, Blondie probably had to be there and brass section employing is not like on tours before. For example with them ‘’Ain’t Too Proud To Beg’’ was better than on original. Daryl Jones? I saw him when introduction was, and he is better then Bill Wyman, only. And Chuck (with his /what to say about/’Save The Tree’ T shirt) looks like he never herd for Chuck Berry’s Johnny Johnston. This means that piano could sound more basic and r&r.
Set: Good! Especially ‘Rambler’ and ‘YCAGWYW’. But only Micks and Chuck knows why ‘Satisfaction’ was on small stage. ‘You Got The Silver’ was capela as in last few concerts, and highlights was as always ‘JJF’.
At last question is what will be in Belgrade? For Stones set probably ‘CYHMK’ and some old song like ‘Angie’.
For attendance I have to say that young public have this Exit festival which happening in same time. And this festival is Serbian youth brand. Also here were 15 days before Red Hot Chilly Peppers and they played only 14 songs in front of 100.000 people and this was big disappointing for the young’s. Peppers, out of space, thought that it was festival; organization seduced young people and they, because don’t know who Stones are, expect short concert. Advertising was bad; government only thinking about Kosovo (not what the our people will eat) and for me success is concert itself… BTW show was phanthastic!!!

thanks for postin!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)