ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Backstage at Estadi Olimpia de Munjuic, Barcelona, España - 21 June 2007
Felicidades a nuestros grandes amigos españoles
© Guillem!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Van Halen tour looks to be a go now. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
5th July 2007 11:08 AM
Rolling1 www.billboard.com/bbcom/n...1003606613

also

www.melodicrock.com

if eddie and david get their shit together this could be a big money maker
5th July 2007 11:17 AM
Joey " REUNITED VAN HALEN EYEING FALL ARENA RUN:

" Billboard.com have picked up on news of a Van Halen tour later this year - July 03, 2007, 10:00 AM ET Ray Waddell, Nashville / "A proposed summer amphitheater tour by a reunited Van Halen that was derailed when guitarist Eddie Van Halen checked into rehab now looks like it may be resurrected as a fall arena run. Several arena holds are in place in major markets for potential Van Halen dates, Billboard.com has learned. The tour, negotiations for which were first tipped here on Jan. 24, would feature David Lee Roth, Eddie and Alex Van Halen and Eddie Van Halen's teenage son Wolfgang on bass. Wheels had been in motion for a 40-date, Live Nation-produced amphitheater tour, with original frontman Roth back in the fold for the first time in more than 20 years. Van Halen last toured in 2004 with vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. But the reunion never got off the ground, and Eddie Van Halen entered a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March. In the months since, the artist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit.
The buzz surrounding the prospect of a Van Halen tour with Roth seems to point toward a successful trek. "I see it absolutely as an inevitability," Roth told Billboard.com more than a year ago regarding a tour with his ex-bandmates. "To me, it's not rocket surgery. It's very simple to put together. And as far as hurt feelings and water under the dam, like what's-her-name says to what's-her-name at the end of the movie 'Chicago' -- 'So what? It's showbiz!'"

WebLink: www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003606613.

This will never happen !

5th July 2007 11:23 AM
Your Cousin Lou I shall not be attending.

I have no problem with this tour, but they should not do it under the name "Van Halen" without Michael Anthony.

/sarcasm
5th July 2007 11:28 AM
Joey " I have no problem with this tour, but they should not do it under the name "Van Halen" without Michael Anthony. "

< ----- Oh , MY !!!! ... You are on FIRE today .

That's right Lil' Buddy ( Lil' Fiji )

that's right .

5th July 2007 12:17 PM
Dan The only thing that would get me interested in seeing Van Halen is a time machine.
5th July 2007 06:30 PM
IanBillen
"rocket surgery"

He stole my line.

Ian
5th July 2007 06:46 PM
mojoman eddie needs to see keiths cobbler
5th July 2007 07:54 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

"rocket surgery"

He stole my line.

Ian

yes he did too didn't he or is it simply a matter of "great" minds thinking alike

perhaps diamond dave is trolling you Ian
5th July 2007 08:05 PM
fireontheplatter time to bust out my lether chaps .....NOT
5th July 2007 08:08 PM
mrhipfl I'd go. I love their early stuff.
5th July 2007 08:22 PM
pdog How is Wolfie?
5th July 2007 08:26 PM
Poison Dart 10 years too late.
5th July 2007 09:17 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
How is Wolfie?

in talks with the subway people
6th July 2007 02:27 AM
Rolling1 sammy hagar was just in town (6/20) for a dvd release party/show at the pageant. He announced he's doing 60 dates. He's playing 11/13 and the 14th in st louis at the fox for kshe95 40th birthday party and michael anthony will be playing with his band and with sammy that night. (info below)

I suspect michael will be playing most if not all the dates which leaves any van halen get together, slim.

Sammy also announced he has booked busch stadium (think the date was) july 12, 2008 (yes next year). Hagar draws very very well in st louis but busch stadium is a big reach unless bigger act or act's are on the bill. Could we see a van halen fall arena tour with david lee and summer 08 stadium tour with sammy hagar?

"The sure to be hard rockin’ show will include 3 jam-packed hours of performances by 2007 Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame inductee Sammy Hagar. Each show will open with former Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony’s Mad Anthony Express performing early Van Halen numbers and a variety of early rock classics. Next, fans will be treated to early Sammy Hagar songs performed by Los Tres Gusanos and, finally, Hagar and Anthony will come together as The Other Half (of Van Halen), performing a number of Van Halen tunes from the Sammy Hagar era. Fans can check www.redrocker.com for more information."

6th July 2007 05:39 AM
Morrisey Hotel I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
6th July 2007 07:21 AM
egon "" Van Halen tour looks to be a go now. ""

May God help us all.
6th July 2007 07:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
"" Van Halen tour looks to be a go now. ""

May God help us all.

need the pipe buddy????
6th July 2007 07:41 AM
egon
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

need the pipe buddy????

petite pipe..?
6th July 2007 07:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:

petite pipe..?

not the same, try again
6th July 2007 01:20 PM
Joey " .... not the same, try again "

< ----- You make Herbie smile .

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

6th July 2007 03:03 PM
Morrisey Hotel Among us aging rockstars, Roth is the poster boy of what not to do...
6th July 2007 06:25 PM
Some Guy I've had it with those douchebags.
6th July 2007 07:34 PM
Back Street Girl Great
6th July 2007 09:05 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Morrisey Hotel wrote:
I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.

You make Bono sad.
6th July 2007 11:43 PM
Paul McCartney Let's face it: Van Halen should have quit years ago. They are entirely washed up. They should leave the big venues to the likes of myself and, say, the Police.
7th July 2007 12:59 AM
Morrisey Hotel
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:

You make Bono sad.

You little Irish hippie, You're such a bitch.
7th July 2007 01:01 AM
Morrisey Hotel
quote:
Paul McCartney wrote:
Let's face it: Van Halen should have quit years ago. They are entirely washed up. They should leave the big venues to the likes of myself and, say, the Police.

You fucked a one legged girl, you paid 400 million to do it, you smoking weed.
7th July 2007 11:44 AM
guitarman53 Eddie Van Halen is a very talented musician, & I don't go along with people knocking him, would you do the same thing with Keith Richards? he's had his problems with drug addiction, & can keith play like Eddie Van Halen? it seems stupid knocking him, when keith claim to fame was discovering open tuning.
7th July 2007 11:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Eddie Van Halen is a very talented musician, & I don't go along with people knocking him, would you do the same thing with Keith Richards? he's had his problems with drug addiction, & can keith play like Eddie Van Halen? it seems stupid knocking him, when keith claim to fame was discovering open tuning.

Of course Eddie is a great guitarist but Van Halen lacks subtlety and range....much like the Who.
7th July 2007 03:03 PM
pdog
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Eddie Van Halen is a very talented musician, & I don't go along with people knocking him, would you do the same thing with Keith Richards? he's had his problems with drug addiction, & can keith play like Eddie Van Halen? it seems stupid knocking him, when keith claim to fame was discovering open tuning.

Eddie is a freak, it's DLR who sucks, and that's the joke.
I do knock Keiths current ability...
Keith discovered open tuning, that's news to me, you sure you didn't hear about open tunining b/c of Keith? People also say Columbus discovered America, yet there were tons of people here when he found it....
[Edited by pdog]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)