ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: John Entwistle news Return to archive
07-25-02 11:49 PM
Boomhauer From Billboard:

Entwistle Had Cocaine In System

The Who's John Entwistle had cocaine in his system at the time of his June 27 death in Las Vegas, which has been ruled an accident by the Clark County (Nev.) Coroner's Office, Billboard.com has learned. The consumption of cocaine exacerbated a pre-existing condition known as ischemic heart disease, which restricts the flow of blood. Death occurred due to "lethal drug effect in setting of significant natural disease," according to the coroner.

Entwistle, 57, was taking medication for a heart condition and died in his hotel room just hours before the Who was to kick off its North American summer tour. As previously reported, the first two shows were postponed but the trek continued on with replacement bassist Pino Palladino. The Who plays Mansfield, Mass., tomorrow (July 26).

A band spokesperson could not be reached for comment at deadline.

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Well, this certainly sucks. I wouldn't even have thought about this.

07-26-02 12:16 AM
sammy davis jr. That's REAL smart.....take some coke when you have a heart condition. Maybe he was DUMB as an Ox. Oh well, may he rest in peace.
07-26-02 12:20 AM
Martha More on Entwistle's death:

Entertainment
Full Story 07/25/2002  19:26:14 EST
Cocaine Cited in Entwistle's Death
By LISA SNEDEKER
Associated Press Writer

LAS VEGAS (AP) - John Entwistle, the 57-year-old bass player for the rock band The Who, died from a heart attack caused by cocaine use, the Clark County coroner said Thursday.

Coroner Ron Flud ruled the death accidental and said it was not an overdose.

"The heart attack we believe was brought on by the significant amount of cocaine" that was in Entwistle's system at the time of death, he said.

The exact amount of the drug remains unknown.

"Cocaine is a different animal," Flud said. "It's not like alcohol. There's no way we can put a number on it. You've got a lethal drug on board at the time you have a bad heart. That's a bad combination."

Entwistle's body was found in his bed at the Hard Rock Hotel on June 27, one day before the band was scheduled to kick off a three-month nationwide tour at the hotel's concert hall.

Hotel officials declined comment Thursday, as did a spokeswoman with the band's record label, MCA/Universal Music Enterprises. District Attorney Stewart Bell said no criminal charges were anticipated.

"From a legal point of view, there isn't anything to be done because we don't have anybody else who might be responsible," he said.

Entwistle was one of the band's founders. Another original member, drummer Keith Moon, died in 1978 of a drug overdose at the age of 32. Authorities said he took too many pills prescribed to control his alcoholism.

Entwistle's death was caused when cocaine caused the contraction of coronary arteries that were already damaged by heart disease, Flud said.

After the death, a musician in Entwistle's own band said he had been on medication for a heart condition.

The Who, founded in London in the early 1960s, was part of the British rock invasion along with the Rolling Stones and the Beatles. Their parade of hits included "I Can See For Miles," "I Can't Explain," "Substitute," "Pinball Wizard," "Won't Get Fooled Again" and "Who Are You."

The group, which includes original members Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey, is scheduled to play a show Friday in Mansfield, Mass.

___

On the Net:

MCA: http://www.mcarecords.com

Pete Townshend site: http://www.petetownshend.co.uk
07-26-02 07:30 AM
Maxlugar Yeah I saw that in the paper this morning. I just can't believe these old guys still take that shit.

For some reason I think they are older and wiser having been through the 60's and 70's.

I guess not. I hope Mick and the boys don't do that shit anymore.

Sad.
07-26-02 09:33 AM
Scot Rocks Fuck, no way, I had never even considered that.

"truth is stranger than fiction".

He would be one of the last people I thought could be taking shit like that. RIP John.

Mark

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road