ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: REHEARSALS FROM IORR Return to archive
07-24-02 11:57 AM
TASFA Rehearsals Monday July 22
Turd on the run
Torn and Frayed
You got me rocking
Baby break it down
Beast of Burden
She's so cold
Sweet virginia
+ more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rehearsals Tuesday July 23
Just my imagination
Shattered
She smiled sweetly
Loving cup
+ more

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For details and great photos from the
07-24-02 12:17 PM
Maxlugar Do they have to give some of these songs a listen through before they do a take?

Seriously, is there a CD player nearby where someone puts in, say, Exile and they all sit there listening?

That is a cool visual.

Because I really doubt Mick can call out Turd on the Run and the boys just start playing it.

Someone on the inside let me know!

By the way, I'm available to play Kazoo on Cool Calm Collected.

Maxy
07-24-02 12:24 PM
MidnightRambler I remember reading in a Rolling Stone article that during their rehearsals for Voodoo Lounge in Toronto, they all listened to the original recording and they tried to follow along.

This was also during the time that Darryl Jones first played w/ them and really wanted to change the way they played some of their big hits, so they all popped in the albums and re-vamped some of their songs...
07-24-02 12:44 PM
sandrew MidRam - I remember that article. That's why the live renditions of the last few years track the studio versions more closely than they did in previous tours.

07-24-02 12:57 PM
nankerphelge Yeah that was in Rolling STone Mag (with Mick and Keef wearing animal skins on the cover)! It is an awesome visual of "Stonesaoke"
07-24-02 12:59 PM
mattb I'm hoping for "Cool, Calm & Collected".
07-24-02 01:26 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I hope Keith brings a lot of gibsons on the road.
07-24-02 03:12 PM
sandrew Me too. Seemed like the standard-tuned Tele was the main guitar in the rotation last time around. It sounded thin, no balls.
07-24-02 03:18 PM
Maxlugar What was Keith using on Some Girls last time around? That was the one song I thought sounded real thick and ballsy.

07-24-02 03:23 PM
sandrew He was using the standard-tuned Tele. I thought it sounded thin. The closest he gets to the '69-73 "thick" sound anymore is when he uses the yellow Les Paul Junior. But that's permanently capoed for Midnight Rambler and, lately, Out of Control.
07-24-02 03:41 PM
T&A I know he was using a Gibson on Queenie - boy did that sound hot! Never thought they'd outdo '69 version, but for my money they annihilated the '69 version on B2B.
07-24-02 03:42 PM
sandrew Yeah, he had a couple big, semi-hollow bodies. They sounded great.
07-24-02 04:42 PM
Mikey Great Gibson sound from KR's solo on Corrina, Corrina from the B2B PPV show.

Mikey
07-24-02 04:45 PM
sandrew Yep, all three notes of it! Keith is one of the only guitar players who can play a clumsy, unimaginative solo and make it seem adequate. That "Corinna" solo is a perfect example: I wouldn't change a thing about it.
07-24-02 05:02 PM
Staffan Ah, a guitar discussion, I like that.
Yes he should definitely play Gibsons! He should play the 58' Taylor borrowed (?) from him during the 72/73 shows. The one with a Bigsby.
I thought they'd never even rehearse She Smiled Sweetly... I love it!
07-24-02 05:12 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 She Smiled Sweetly stands out of the rehearsals they are doing. They seem to be focused on a lot of their 1970s material and early 1980s material and blues-based material.

A 1958 Gibson Les Paul Sunburst being used again onstage by Keith would be cool.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road