ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 1975 tour question- help! Return to archive
07-24-02 09:31 AM
patioaintdry can anyone give me the quick story on the Boston Mayor who intervened at the airport for Keith so the show could go on in 1975? Thanks.
07-24-02 09:45 AM
stonedinaustralia patio aren't you getting confused with '72... the full story is in greenfield's book

from memory,it was mayor kevin white... mick was arrested for punching a paparazzi at the airport, keith joined the fray and was busted too (as was bobby keys also - i think.. i'll have to check that)... they finally made the gig at something like 2.00 a.m.... the mayor got them out of the can because he thought the audience would trash the city if the band didn't show

'75 was the fordyce ark. reckless driving/offensive weapon bust... "hitch-hiker" fred sessler was also done for possession of coke

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-24-02 09:49 AM
nankerphelge SIA is right -- I believe they landed in Providence, RI and some reporter got a face-full of Mick and they all got busted and Mayor White went on stage and clamed everyone before they trashed the Gahden. One of the fathers in my kid's class was at that show. Fucker.

07-24-02 09:58 AM
patioaintdry yes, yes -- '72 it was! Mayor Kevin White Thank you! I've gotta read that book again.

Jeez you fuckers are knowledgable.
07-24-02 10:05 AM
stonedinaustralia by the way patio what is the origin/ meaning of that "pools in/patio ain't dry"... i came across a variation of it in a lenny bruce book the other day (which made me think it is a well known/used expression)...it's not a phrase that has much (if any) currency on this side of the equator...

we do use the one about "the lights being on but nobody home" to describe some-one not too fast on the uptake... is it anything like that??

cheers
07-24-02 10:23 AM
patioaintdry don't know the origin or how widely it's used, but I took it from Little T&A. Hence my avatar -- the '72 Tele Custom! Tied as my alltime favorite Keith guitar along with the '52 telecaster, of course.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road