ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman's second book coming out in the fall Return to archive
07-23-02 09:45 PM
Martha Here's a bit from the Mojo on Bill's new book:

"Wyman's book, to be titled Rolling With The Stones, and published in October by Dorling Kindersley, is a sumptuous soup-to-nuts account of the band's career, with hundreds of unseen images from Bill's personal collection.

With the bassist's legendary penchant for details, and having been several years in the making, it promises to be the most comprehensive inside account of the group's story to date."

"The NFT are also planning a Stones film festival on the South Bank in the autum."

I think the author is Martin Ogorman

All of this is on page 150 of July's issue of MOJO (with Bowie gracing the cover).

The photo of Keith is great for those of you who want to check it out..page 150. I have no idea how to post it on the boards...if it is posssible to do so I 'm sure our trusty guardians will find a way...huh Voodoo?!

Keith is in the act of doing up some coke..a great gorgeous close-up shot in buckskin with a blanket over part of his head..looking straight into the lens.

Oh yea, what is the NFT?
07-23-02 10:03 PM
Fiji Joe Read the first one, "Stone Alone". The only person alone was me, at the bookstore, buying it. And sequels are always worse. Yikes!
07-23-02 10:24 PM
gypsy Thanks again, Martha! I still haven't finished Wyman's first book. It started off pretty good, but then he got into all the specifics and the groupies. So, I put the book up for a while. If anything, it sounds as if his latest book might have some nice photos. I will definitely have to buy the new issue of MOJO! So, thanks for the heads up!
07-23-02 11:21 PM
Martha Your welcome Gypsy...and by the way..you have great wit too...perhaps that's something you have in common with KeepRigid.

I have laughed many times over regarding the posting
*BLANK STARE* and have used it off the boards when the occasion demands it...which is often these days.

By the way, what is the price of the Exile book you mentioned earlier?

Is Wyman's first book in paperback yet?

Thanks! The latest MOJO has a lot of juicy stuff in it...especially if you are a Bowie fan.
07-24-02 12:56 AM
gypsy Martha, thanks so much...you're so sweet!
I bought the Bill Wyman book for a steal (under $10) at Half.com. (I can hear KeepRigid saying "You and your half.com!")
07-24-02 09:02 AM
Maxlugar In most parts of the world, Bill Wyman's Stone Alone has replaced the bible!

In 1994, Stone Alone was parachuted into a remote Amazonian tribal village. In 1996, researchers revisited the village and were stunned to find a thriving modern city with sky scrapers, subways, hover cars and politcal and economic systems never seen here on earth!

And I have learned, and perfected, The Tooth Paste Trick.

So many good things have come from the writting of this fabulous book!

The next one will be about the 70's! We will finally learn the real causes of the Mick Taylor leaving issue. No more theories and rumors for me. Just FACT straight from the bass player!

Frig' Yeah!

Max "The little heart that loved" Lugar!
07-24-02 09:12 AM
nankerphelge Tooth-paste trick?

Let's hear it!
07-24-02 09:19 AM
Maxlugar Nanky,

If ever, God forbid, you are having trouble getting an erection with your local group some night, simply have her apply a generous portion of menthol tooth paste all over the inner oral cavity.

Thank Bill Wyman later......

Wyman!

RAGUL-XAM, baby!
07-24-02 09:21 AM
Maxlugar That would be "Groupie", Nanks. I usually have them in groups, so...
07-24-02 09:46 AM
nankerphelge If I ever have trouble with what??
None of this is making any sense!

07-24-02 09:47 AM
Joey 'The next one will be about the 70's! We will finally learn the real causes of the Mick Taylor leaving issue. No more theories and rumors for me. Just FACT straight from the bass player! '

Damn Straight My Brother ........... I am salivating just thinking about it !!!!!

" Stone Alone " is a masterpiece -- pure unadulterated joy . You really can't put it down once you pick it up . It has become part of the grade school curriculum in the United States ,along with Mice and Men , Huckleberry Finn , etc .............. Imagine if you will all the little kiddies gathered around and sitting in a circle at their teacher's feet with wide eyes listening intently as their instructor relays Wyman's Stonesian expoundings , their tiny lives forever changed -- and for the good . Also , in hotels across the U. S. , it has replaced the Bible as the book found in every room .

Word to your Mother

Snaggle Joe

07-24-02 01:51 PM
jb I bought Wyman's first book and I asked if it was discounted the standard 10% but was advised only best sellers are discounted....I found the book interesting but a bit self-indulgent as well as taking little shots at Mick and keith.
07-24-02 03:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man Nanker, what Maxlugar is trying to tell you is that in 1964 the Stones were been entertained by some hookers. Bill was not getting turned on, so one of the groupies put tooth paste in her mouth, then gave Bill a minty blow job.
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
07-24-02 07:08 PM
luxury1 Yes, thank you, Honky Tonk Man, for s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g it all out for nankerphelge. Sometimes I wonder bout him.
07-24-02 08:33 PM
gypsy So, if a man is having a problem achieving an erection, then putting toothpaste in your mouth and performing oral sex on him will help him? I think that the toothpaste really doesn't do a thing in this scenario...
07-24-02 08:45 PM
Joey 'So, if a man is having a problem achieving an erection, then putting toothpaste in your mouth and performing oral sex on him will help him? I think that the toothpaste really doesn't do a thing in this scenario...'

Gypsy ......just a little is enough !!!!!!!

Joeykins
07-24-02 08:52 PM
gypsy So, just a little dollop of toothpaste, Joey?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road