ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BJ Return to archive
07-23-02 03:56 PM
Miss U. Here's my theory on what happened to Brian:

Brian was living at Cotchford with Anna, beginning to mellow. He either quit the Stones or was fired but he wanted to leave anyway because he wanted to explore new musical styles, didn't get on with them, and wanted to do his own music and be the leader of his own band. But why did Brian get so sick from the cocaine Keith gave him as a parting gesture? Was it just because Brian hadn't taken cocaine in such a long time?
The builders were clearly ripping him off left & right, overseen by Thorougood & his friend Keylock, who was in turn given orders the Rolling Stones PR office to keep an eye on him & to report back any news about the new band he was forming with.....? Lennon? Hendrix? Mitch Mitchell? Steve Winwood? Steve Marriott?.....and to make sure he didn't do anything crazy to hurt the Stones image. Clearly Lennon & Alexis Korner were encouraging Brian to go on his own. Lennon, Hendrix & Brian had already recorded "Go To the Mountains".
People already knew about Thorogood's stealing ways with Keith when GT was assigned as a builder at Cotchford.
So they kept an eye on him, played games with his head, calling & hanging up the phone, answering his calls, killing one of his cats, hiding his scooter, trying to persuade Anna to take a modelling job & leave him, flashing bright lights into his house, bringing their girls around, helping themselves to everything, charging Brian for their food & booze.Thorogood goes shopping for Brian and buys 2 sets of furniture; one for Brian & one for himself. The "builders" are high most of the time, using materials from one part of the house to patch up another part of the house, use street paving slabs for kitchen flooring, etc.
Brian's plans for a solo career are solidifying, he's putting a band together, recording songs. Brian discusses his plans for the new band with Alexis Korner and Lennon, who encourage him. Alexis warns Brian to keep his plans about the new band secret. Despite this Brian tells Nick,but swears him to secrecy, as it could split up the Stones, the Beatles and Hendrix's group. Klein still has a financial interest in the Beatles since he used to manage them.
Brian's wisening up to Thorogood & Keylock, and has gotten Anna to oversee their spending. He's also complained to Keith R & Les Perrin's wife about it. He's expecting a big severance check of 100 000 pounds to come in very soon from the Stones office, money promised to him by Mick when he left the Stones. Klein thinks the severance offered to Brian is too excessive.
But it's long overdue, and no one else in the Stones around this time has been able to get money from Allan Klein needed for many reasons, for daily living, or to release projects, such as the Pipes of Pan at Jajouka recorded by Brian. The band was in a very bad financial state. Once Brian got his money, he was going to do away with all of them & hire whoever he wanted.
They install huge spotlights over his pool....why?
Ask yourself that!! Maybe so they could make dead certain on videotape that Brian was really dead when the time came...and the time did come, but sooner than they planned.
Because Brian blew up when the beam fell in his kitchen almost killing Anna because these builders weren't really builders at all....Brian was planning to fire Thorogood & the whole lot of them, and they knew it.
Brian was nervous about doing it, because he didn't like confrontation...so he calls Suki for advice, but Suki is actually in cohoots with Keylock, having left Brian months ago. She tells him to throw a party, it'll be safer that way with lots of people around. Keylock & Klein know the best time for a hit is at night when the housekeeper & gardener aren't there.
Brian throws a big party. Maybe this helps him feel safe, thus off-guard & more vulnerable. Especially with booze around. Janet the nurse puts something in Brian's drink to make him woozy, less able to fight off an attack. Keylock & Thorogood & some builders attack him in a ravine near the house....away from the partyers. With a drowning there's no fingerprints, no bruises, no bloodstains, no murder weapon.
Nicholas Fitzgerald & his friend were there & witness the murder; Keylock threatens them to run away; Nick's friend is never seen or heard from again. Nicholas WAS at Cotchford that night & he WAS threatened off the property, according to a recent investigation by the Fan Club. Fitzgerald was interviewed later by police & his statement remains on file.
They then scare off/pay off all the crowd there and make sure they don't talk. Then they put Brian by the side of the pool as if he drowned in the pool (but the water in his lungs isn't chlorine water), and in a rush try to come up with a story for police, but there isn't much time for that. They weren't planning on doing the deed that night, although they were planning to do it. They get Brian's tape of music he was about to release on his own, hidden in a basement beam.
To this day that tape has vanished.
Thorogood comes up with a half-ass story about there only being the 4 of them there that night, he left the pool for a towel and 5 minutes later Janet supposedly notices he's drowned, but instead of helping him immediately, she supposedly valiantly tries to call for help but there's a problem with the phones, calls Anna down & Janet claims she herself tried to save him. Thorogood claims he called for help. Anna had an incoming call at the same time Brian was being drowned. Keylock comes up with the alibi of having to fetch Keith's guitar that night, despite Fitzgerald claiming that Keylock threatened them in the woods as they saw Brian being attacked. The testimonies given by Anna, Thorogood, Lawson & Keylock contradict each other.
The police don't put the house off limits....the builders take all Brian's belongings, load it onto a truck, steal it, then sell it years later at auctions (ie--Christie's in April/2002)...the bonfire was a story to cover up for all Brian's missing things, saying they burned it all. They put a couple of inhalers by the pool trying to make it look like Brian had an asthma attack, contrary to the autopsy.
Anna & Nicholas Fitzgerald have both said Keylock was there that night. In the days that followed, Anna was told what to say at the inquest and made to sign a contract by Les Perrin not to speak out without permission from the Stones.
Then,years later when authors begin digging around with their suspicions, Keylock & Thorogood come up with this story about it being an "accident" in the pool....just some horseplay that ended up badly, and they didn't realize BJ was dead until it was too late.
When Thorogood dies, Keylock pins it on him, going to police with his confession. But Thorogood's family denies it, threatening to sue if any movies on Brian pin it on Thorogood.
Anna wrote a book about Brian & his death in '99, however, the published version of her book was not the
original manuscript which Anna submitted to the publisher, parts
of which were subject to change for legal reasons.

After Brian's death, The Sussex CID referred the case to the Director of Public Prosecutions, then the Home Office launched their own investigation & at this point a higher authority decided to cover it up. Usually an inquest is only held weeks or months after the death...in this case it was only 5 days after Brian's death.
Brian's parents were able to make a claim on their son's life insurance policy, which contained a clause that payment was only possible if no illegal substances were found in the body.
Brian's cab driver Joan Fitzsimmons, who police were anxious to talk to, ended up seriously ill in the hospital. She has since changed her name.
Mary Hallett, Brian's housekeeper, now in her 90's, is under contract by Excel Productions not to talk to anyone. Keylock is involved in Excel Productions.
In an interview with Steve Marriott 2 weeks prior to his death in a mysterious fire in April 1991, Marriott said this in the book Paint It Black:
"You ask if Brian was murdered and in all honesty I have to say...yes, he was. Most definitely. If it were an accident, tell me why my fuckin' phone rang 3 days before Brian was due to come down; I was warned off working with him, telling me 'it wouldn't be good for your career to get mixed up with someone like Jones'. "Not good for my career or not good for my fuckin health, you bastard!", I screamed down the phone. "That's entirely up to you", the voice stated calmly. "This is just a friendly warning, that's all."
Marriott went on to say he was pretty sure he knew the identity of the man on the phone....but he was reticent to name him....saying, "You better be careful yourself, man. I'm not kidding. Just look at what they did to Brian, and he was one of the Rolling Stones, for @#%$'s sake!"
Steve also commented that when Jones didn't show up as scheduled the next day his heart sank. 'I knew then, man,' he told Guiliano. 'I sent out one of the roadies for a paper and afterwards we all just broke down and cried. He was such a beautiful cat. What ruthless bastards! I hope they fuckin' rot for what they did."
Although the so-called confession by builder Joe in the book was a load of crap intended as a red herring, the rest of this book is still valid, although alot of it was taken from other books.
Same applies to the so-called deathbed confession by George Thorogood that he killed Brian in the book "Who Killed Christopher Robin"...that was another red herring to throw us off the path.
I want to make it clear that I do NOT believe any of the Stones themselves...ie-Mick, Keith, Charlie, or Bill -- wanted Brian killed or ordered him killed, and I don't think they knew beforehand that this was going to happen to Brian.
Keith puzzles me, though... Especially when he said this in the 1992 bio "Keith Richards":
"I wasn't surprised about Brian. I didn't wish him dead and there were a few guys wo did, but in all honesty I wasn't surprised. And it was hard to shed a tear at his demise quite honestly. It was like, 'wow, he's gone, thank God.' Cold-blooded as that sounds, he was a passenger for us. We had to cover his ass. We all revere his memory and nobody deserves to go that young. But if anybody asked for it, he did. You don't leave the Stones singing, you just get carried out. Brian was already effectively dead when he died, he was already out of the band."
The police don't want this case re-opened because to do so they would have to admit they were involved in a cover-up back then. Someone involved in Brian's murder that night has low friends in high places. I'll tell you why I have suspicions about the police:
in the last issue of the Spirit, Detective Peter Hunter,
when asked about Nicholas Fitzgerald, completely dismisses him,
saying, "Those Guinness people are completely off the heads". He
is trying to discredit Nicholas.
The fact that the investigation suddenly stopped speaks volumes.
Also in the book "Who Killed Christopher Robin", Rawlins mentions
talking to a policeman involved in the case who says Rawlins'
theory is very close to what actually happened.
Also, according to the last issue of the Spirit...recently when
the police transferred the files of Brian's case to computer
disk, one of the files was conveniently "lost". They never did a proper investigation, they rushed
it, they didn't seal off the house properly to protect any
evidence. They tried to plant
drugs on Brian in 67 -&- 68, in fact blackmailed him several times
that way. So they wanted to make an example of Brian. At the time of his death, there were already stories in the newspapers that he died from drugs, so it would be easy to close the case that way, especially if someone higher wants the case dropped & never re-opened.

I'm posting this because Brian wouldn't want people to think he died of drugs, that was not the case, and he deserves justice to be done one day. Maybe with more public awareness things will come to a head, and those in the know will see speaking out will do more good to both Brian & their rep.

07-23-02 04:08 PM
nankerphelge I thought you were talking "blowjob" -- damn...
07-23-02 05:00 PM
gypsy Nanky, you're not the only one that thought that...
07-23-02 05:03 PM
Joey Why ????? WHY ????? Why do you make Joey cry so violently ????

I had my pants down and I was all prepped and everything .

There goes the afternoon

" Blue Ball Me Ronnie "

Joey von Fluffer

07-23-02 05:08 PM
nankerphelge Hey you don't live too far from Steelie -- maybe he'll oblige! Sorry Steelie -- had to take that shot! You woulda too if you were in mah shoes!
07-23-02 05:57 PM
sirmoonie Jesus. I'd buy O.J.'s conspiracy theory before that one.

Its a wrap, boys. Take her back to the enchanted kingdom. EST stat! 6 doses at 500 volts. 600 mgs goonozolium 4 times a day, administered posteriorly.
07-23-02 06:31 PM
Martha To quote Gypsy on another occasion..

*Blank Stare*
07-23-02 07:02 PM
thief in the night Yawn
07-23-02 07:04 PM
gypsy Martha, I actually stole the blank stare from KeepRigid. He's the witty one, so I must give him credit. Having done that, I will now join you with a:

*BLANK STARE*
07-23-02 08:03 PM
Scot Rocks I don't mind hearing stuff about Brian's death like this, even if it isn't true it makes intresting reading. There is nothing wrong with conspriracy theories, I always find them interesting and sometimes funny - David Ike - and Brian's death does seem a little strange still but it looks like we will never really know, anyway thanks Miss U.

Cheers

Mark
07-23-02 09:44 PM
Miss U. You're welcome, Scot Rocks. It certainly IS a conspiracy theory.

Thx for the laugh, boys. I mean it. Cracked me up!!!

As for all the rest of the multiple personalities in this thread, never much cared....
Nice to see you're finally stunned into silence, though!
Too bad it doesn't happen more often.

You don't believe me? Truth is stranger than fiction.
We drive through there every day.

I want to dance, I want to sing
I want to bust up everything
Be number one, yeah
I want to dance, I want to sing
I want to bust up everything
And have some fun

07-23-02 10:30 PM
BILL PERKS WHAT ABOUT THE ASTHMA INHALER FOUND IN THE GRASSY KNOLL?MISS U,IT'S TIME FOR A NEW HOBBY.HOW ABOUT INVESTIGATING THE RESIGNATION OF MICK TAYLOR,WHICH IS FAR MORE INTIUGING THAN THE DEATH OF THE BLOATED BASTARD.IT WOULD BE MUCH MORE APPROPRIATE TO MOURN THE DEATH OF IAN STEWART WHO GAVE HIS LIFE FOR THE BAND WE LOVE AND DESERVES ALL THE RECOGNITION AND APPRECIATION WE COULD GIVE.
07-24-02 12:12 AM
Bluzian Well, to clarify, George "Thoroughly" Good was NEVER at
Cotchford Farm - it was Frank!!

but I "thoroughly" enjoyed the conspiracy theory. I too think
there is alot more none of us will ever know, but, isn't that
what makes it so intriguing?

IMO, I think it's also a bit of a two-tiered cover-up to do
with money, but the problem is, nobody was sober enough at
that time to even remember the details - you know yourself
when you have a season of debauchery/hedonism, everything
seems to blur and become surreal. Lies are truths and any
thing seems possible. At a time in 1969, I think everyone
(incl: Keylock, Thorogood (Frank), all the way up to the top were
using various drugs/drink to cloud their minds) so can there
ever really be an honest/legitimate confession/justice?
I don't think it's possible.

Anyways, I appreciated all the time/effort you put towards
the "BJ" theory. (which too I might add I thought was
somethign "else"!! ;-)

Cheers,
Ian
07-24-02 12:28 AM
KeepRigid I don't see why everyone is so quick to discredit this theory out of hat.

Consider:

Caesar...Kennedy...Trotsky...Lennon...Lincoln...al-Sadat...Garfield...McKinley...Biggie...

All of these people also had their scooter hid to fuck with them.

Think about it.
07-24-02 12:39 AM
BILL PERKS BRIAN ON A SCOOTER,THAT'S A SITE TO BEHOLD.30 YEARS LATER WE HAVE UNCOVERED THE MAGIC BULLET,THE SCOOTER.IT'S QUITE CONVENIENT THAT ALMOST EVERYONE INVOLVED IS DEAD.THE BIGGEST CRIME IS THAT KEITH SPENT BRIAN'S HUNDRED GRAND ON HEROIN.SO BRIAN RECORDED WITH LENNON AND HENDRIX HUH?THAT TAPE IS WORTH MILLIONS,SO I BET KEYLOCK IS JUST SIITING ON THAT TOO.
07-24-02 12:47 AM
gypsy Keep, why must you always leave out TUPAC?! I know, I know, Biggie was your homey...but, ya gotta give mad props to PAC, yo! Word to the mutha!
07-24-02 12:15 PM
KeepRigid Gypsy, as I have PROVEN to you on many separate occasions:

TUPAC ISN'T DEAD!!!!!

Why do you insist on maintaining otherwise?

Besides, `Pac didn't even HAVE a scooter. That would just have been silly.
07-24-02 12:46 PM
gypsy Oh, yeah, that's right! Tupac is alive on a tropical island somewhere. I forgot. I'm sorry. Still, I always pour out a little liquor for Pac, and I hope everyone here does the same.
07-24-02 02:29 PM
Joey 'Oh, yeah, that's right! Tupac is alive on a tropical island somewhere. I forgot. I'm sorry. Still, I always pour out a little liquor for Pac, and I hope everyone here does the same. '

Why ???? Malcom X was assassinated .......MLK was assassinated . Biggie and Pac were SHOT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Grandma does not have pictures of Biggie and Pac up on her wall .

Damn Straight My Sister

Brother Joey

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road