ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES ALBUMS Return to archive
07-23-02 10:14 AM
ulfk have thru a friend come thru to Virgin and told that the fans find it shameful and an appauling nonchalance to the fans to first soil a fully justified hot rocks album with TWO new songs and secondly instead of course give the new once out as a single and later a new album or a 3 CD album with 2 hot rocks discs and a disc with music from the 21st century.
The answer was very vague and they seemed to be embarrassed themselves and now it is suddenly 5-6 new songs.Tonight a new meeting and hope to get more info,as it is soon time for releases....ABKO in August,Virgin end of September.

Best
Ulf

07-23-02 11:46 AM
Boomhauer Well, ok. I guess 5-6 new songs sounds better than 2.
07-23-02 01:03 PM
KeepRigid Thanks for the news, Ulf. If fans are gonna bitch, they might as well be heard, as opposed to just starting numerous threads about it.

I think they should just go ahead and release a new studio album a month or so into the tour, while letting the Greatest Hits kick off the tour. The label is now beginning to realize that there IS a demand for one, and they could safely cover both bases by catering to the masses and the core audience at once.

Personally, I don't think adding more songs to the greatest hits is the best route to go. For one thing, it only cuts into what is already a difficult task- deciding which songs from their 40 years to leave out- and tends to diminish the whole point of a 'definitive' retrospective.

It also forces them to compete directly with their past- something that Michael Jackson learned you don't want to do ('HIStory')- as well as strip their next studio album for parts.

But hey, this is hardly a bad situation for the band to be in! Not only is their tour in demand, but now a new album is as well.

Their producer has already stated that they plan on more recording sessions during the tour, so they could still release another album- possibly even a double album- next year as well. We all know they are sitting on enough material right now to pull it off.

PS. Ulf, why do you always have that little angry face? You have a cool website- cheer up!

[Edited by KeepRigid]
07-23-02 11:20 PM
Boomhauer I think this tour is gonna give the band some momentum. Having already recorded several tracks, I think they will indeed put out something new.
07-23-02 11:26 PM
thief in the night Right
And Keith has said on several occasions that he writes better on the road.
There is hope
TITN
07-23-02 11:33 PM
FTELE52 You can bet that Keef has a nice backlog and since he did not get the Wino's engine rolling he surely will be able to sit Mick down and get to work.
07-23-02 11:45 PM
Boomhauer Keith rules!
07-24-02 06:18 AM
Jumacfly From IORR: a new album could be realesed for Xmas, and the new songs would feature on a new single.

Check IORR for more.( also a nice board indeed)

Cheers
Ju
07-24-02 09:31 AM
Boomhauer Uhh, Jumacfly, I couldn't find that. DO you have a link? Thanks in advance.
07-25-02 06:19 PM
Staffan Boomhauer, IORR is at
www.iorr.org

(I hope that was the link you asked for! I need to sleep, i'm tired as hell)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road