ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Something I saw at Billboard Return to archive
07-22-02 11:22 PM
Boomhauer An excerpt of an article by Barry A. Jeckell at www.billboard.com:

This year's MTV Video Awards will return to New York's Radio City Music Hall on Aug. 29, with "Saturday Night Live" cast member Jimmy Fallon hosting. Eminem, Pink, and Bruce Springsteen & the E Street band are all confirmed to perform during the ceremony, which will air live on the cable channel beginning at 8 p.m. ET (and rebroadcast at 8 p.m. PT).

Interesting, isn't it? Some have said the Stones may play at this event. I wonder if it would be a surprise thing. Hmmmmmmmm? And if Bruce is gonna do it, I want the Stones to go over to that gig, too!

BTW, does anybody know if they are gonna make a video for the single and when the single will hit the airwaves? Does anybody think they will even consider doing it? They need to have a better song than Aerosmith's "Girls of Summer". It's not very good at all. OK, it sucks!
07-23-02 01:32 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 Aerosmith have become pussies since being clean and sober. At least the Rolling Stones can put kick ass music out while intoxicated and while clean and sober.
07-23-02 01:34 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 I also hope they play the 2002 music awards. we need them to play since the awards shows have got all that lame rap crap. since they got Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band on the show maybe MTV is trying to revisit their past and make it up to artists they snubbed a lot in the last several years.
07-23-02 06:50 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Stonesmillenium2001 wrote:
all that lame rap crap

yes, that 's right SM2001 - they should have the proper hard- core stuff!!... 'tho you can't tell me "stan" isn't a great piece of music (& M&M is white for chrissakes)... i can never understand why some stones fans are so down on "rap" or "hip hop" or whatever you want to call it...

in a way it even puzzles me why keith can't seem to dig it (or so i glean from comments i have read of his)although the stones helped bring it into the public arena with the lost poets on the sound track of "performance" and the jamaican dub/toasters and dj's who pioneered the whole scratch thing are right up k's alley...after all,it (rap) is simply the contemporary expression of african american music which the stones have always paid homage to - indeed was their raison detre in the first place...

i mean, check it out... one of my favourites is tupac's "life goes on" - if those backing vocals aren't a sample of the supremes (can anybody help me there??)then it's even better because it means people are still making that kind of music (also "hit 'em up" carries a kick like you wouldn't believe)

07-23-02 08:16 AM
bez85 because rap is crap and keith knows it brother
07-23-02 08:18 AM
stonedinaustralia so bez what's your taste in contemporary music then??
07-23-02 09:50 AM
jb Why would they want to play MTV, a station that has not played a stones video since 1994 and has failed to even mention once news about upcoming tour...the same can be said for VH1 which up until 3 yrs ago, actually played a few stone videos...
07-23-02 09:56 AM
stonedinaustralia i agree jb (am i allowed to say that), why indeed?
07-23-02 10:39 AM
Scot Rocks I have to agree, in the UK anyway VH1 and MTV are absolutely dreadful, VH1 consists of music of pop from the 80s and 90s, Shania Twain, Celine Dion, Ricky Martin, Kylie or Grease days and the same crap as MTV fills our screen with. MTV well no comment...I imagine VH1 Classic must be better though, damn I wish I had digital.

Mark
07-23-02 11:39 AM
Honky Tonk Man Mark, VH1 Classics occasionly plays the following Stones songs

Start Me Up
Waiting On A Freind (havent played it in a while)
Its Only Rock N Roll
Love Is Strong
Saint Of Me (seen it once)
Like A Rolling Stone (seen it twice, i think)
Miss U (Very rarely)
Get Off Of My Cload (think its a Shindig Performance, seen it twice)
She Was Hot (saw it once)

And thats about it as far as UK VH1 goes

Alex
07-23-02 03:59 PM
Gazza They probably invited Springsteen because hes about the only act on the bill who can actually play LIVE and do it well...

I reckon the Stones will play it. The timing just before the tour is perfect,and every time the Stones have gone on the road in America since MTV has had an awards show theyve contributed something to the ceremony

1989 - performed "mixed emotions" (plus a couple of short clips of "one hit" etc) announced as being "live" via satellite from Pittsburgh (in fact the Stones performance was from Toronto 3 days later - the only Pittsburgh clip was Mick presenting an award live to Living Colour just before theyw ent onstage to open for the Stones

1994 - presented with a Lifetime Achievement award and performed Love is Strong and Start Me Up at the ceremony in New York.

1997 - the Stones were in Toronto rehearsing for the tour. They didnt perform but Sheryl Crow interviewed them live via satellite from a bar in Toronto (the Horseshoe tavern?)

Im sure there'll be some involvement in this broadcast. They have a new hist album to promote after all,thats the whole point.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road