ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cool Stones SITE ==> Cool my ass! Warning inside Return to archive
07-22-02 07:54 PM
stones boy seen s new cool stones site here check it out (LINK DELETED BY ME)
[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
07-22-02 09:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Have you no shame? This is a place for fans, you have been using this place as a cybermall, you have not replied your private messages.

We pay to maintain this site free of ads, and you're using this as your own store making money from our work.

This was your last post and will be deleted soon. You received a warning yesterday and replied with a "what the fuck?" as if you have rights to use the board that way

Well, you don't have that right, you are banned bye bye
07-22-02 10:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl One more thing, this person is not just placing ads, is flooding the board with the same crap, yesterday I deleted the very same message posted just 5 threads of difference having three ads in the first page, 4 in the second and 3 in the third!!

Maybe he's the old Daniel Rease who stole a lot of money during the last tour, who knows? but is not a regular of this board

Remember: This is a news-oriented board, please keep it that way.
07-22-02 10:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl If you want to see a place to find more than 10,000 Rolling Stones item check this site out:

http://www7.gemm.com/c/search.pl?sid=61355306&key=55201&referred_by=ROCKSOFF&command=edit
07-22-02 10:42 PM
Fiji Joe Yeah, what Voodoo said! Don't make me go Midnight Rambler on your ass!
07-22-02 11:01 PM
Martha Midnight Rambler on your ass???I'd pay to see that.

Thanks for keeping this board organized and in focus...I truly enjoy reading the posts and participating once in a while. I've learned so much from the astute Stonesian historians who post regularly. My humble gratitude goes out to the monitors of the board.

Now...Let's ROCK!

"Have you heard about the Boston strangler..."
07-23-02 06:19 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:

Remember: This is a news-oriented board, please keep it that way.

and with that in mind i second martha's comments... i'd say we all owe them thanks for what they do and for putting up with what, at times, is a lot of sheer bloody nonsense... albeit mostly well intentioned and usually interesting and/or amusing... i have only a vauge idea what it takes and how much time is involved to run a board like this but i do know how much time it takes to simply read the thing and post as often as i do...

i guess if it was strictly news there would be periods of little or no activity but, again as martha points out, it's also a great forum for the dissemination of the facts,the lore and the legend of the band and i'm sure the unholy ones have no problem with that...

and so, with no fear or care of being labelled a sycophantic toady, I say, hats off to gazza jaxx and voodoochile (sounds like a cross between a law firm and a fashion house)

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-23-02 09:16 AM
nankerphelge I agree -- this is a great board with a nice mix of opinion, personality and passion for various things Stones. The three admins are a beautiful cross section of that variety and I sure appreciate their efforts.

Hope to swill back a few cold ones with some of yuz in NYC!
07-23-02 09:39 AM
stonedinaustralia nanker,may be i should get around a bit more, but visually -from the text display (that yellow on black looks excellent)to the avatars ('tho that larry hagman thing is sometimes - usually early in the morning - a bit hard on the eyes) to the general layout of the thing and last but most the seemingly bottomless pit of obscure pics. and illustrations that appear as headers, this place leaves the rest way behind (& i mean no offense to stonesdoug and all others who keep the operation afloat)

and it's always up there with the news...

yet i will say thank god for jaxx 'cos it does get a bit "blokey" (gazza will know what i mean) around here at times

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-23-02 11:07 AM
Martha
('tho that larry hagman thing is sometimes - usually early in the morning - a bit hard on the eyes

I for one always get a kick outta the Larry Hagman pic in Joey's packaged deal...and the walking chiba leaf is OTT..I LOVE it!

This board is miles above some of the other sites I've visited...and it keeps me coming back for more.

Kudos!
07-23-02 11:41 AM
nankerphelge I still think Larry Hagman looks like a proctologist that is WAY TOO INTO his work.

07-23-02 12:09 PM
Martha I'm wondering if Joey thinks he resembles Larry or wished he resembled Larry and that is the reason for the photo...

or is it that Larry is a chiba lover???
07-23-02 01:19 PM
nankerphelge Joey does NOT look like Larry Hagman!
That much I can tell ya!
07-23-02 01:44 PM
jb These people, not I, are your real enemies.
07-23-02 02:16 PM
Maxlugar Yes thanks to Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo chile!!

They are the real heros to put up with us!

Joey is much more handsome than Larry Hagman. Much more! If I were Steelie I'd go for him.

RAGUL-XAM, friends.

Maxy!
07-23-02 02:44 PM
Joey 'I for one always get a kick outta the Larry Hagman pic in Joey's packaged deal...and the walking chiba leaf is OTT..I LOVE it! '

Martha ................

You are much loved by the Joey !

Interesting tidbits content : That is Keith singing the lead vocals on " Coming Down Again " and the song " Athena " is about the very first nuclear warhead successfully tested in the New Mexico desert in July of 1945 ( Yes , the name of the warhead was Athena -- not a girl , just a bomb )

Also , Larry Hagman LOVES Chiba and he used to hang around Keith Moon in the 1970's -- Seriously !!! Don't believe me ?????????? Then please read Larry's Autobiography " Hello Darlin " , now out in paperback . " Hello Darlin " was number # 1 for forty four weeks in 2001 on the New York Times Best Seller List ! Seventy million copies sold world wide ,second only to Bill Wyman's book " Stone alone " which has replaced the Bible as THE most read book in the world . In Singapore , it is considered sacred .

Damn Straight my Queen

Bunny Joey

07-23-02 03:35 PM
Gazza Daniel Rease is a scam artist from Florida who ripped many fans off during the last tour with promises of CDR's,videos etc that never materialised. He's used a variety of names in the past such as Mr Videos, Juli etc...the type of post hes been putting here and the info on his site,not to mention his email address makes me 99% sure its the same person.

Hes the same fucker whos been posting here and on other boards offering his collection for trade. DONT deal with him,folks - you almost certainly wont get what you asked for.

Dan - you have a nerve whingeing about "having rights" to post your crap here. You dont. Its not a democracy. I dont see a link to a Bill of Rights or Constitution at the top of this page.

If we have a problem with what youre posting,thats our business. If you dont like it - then fuck off. You wont be missed. Anyone can post stuff offering their collection for trade or whatever - but youre FLOODING with the same shite several times a week. We're not paying for this board just to give YOU a free space so you can rip off dozens more genuine fans.

maybe when you send me a copy of that CDR you promised to convert for me about 4 years ago of a 1997 Florida show that Id sent you a tape of,I might take you seriously.
07-23-02 06:27 PM
Martha
Also , Larry Hagman LOVES Chiba and he used to hang around Keith Moon in the 1970's -- Seriously !!! Don't believe me ?????????? Then please read Larry's Autobiography " Hello Darlin " , now out in paperback . "

Dear Joey...thanks for the referral...I'll read it this summer..what's left of it. And the love is mutual.

summer of love returns..
07-24-02 01:52 AM
Jaxx thanks for all the positive feedback and for understanding how hard me and the guys are working to keep things "on topic" without being board nazis. no easy feat. the key here is to have fun. this is entertainment. we are all here because we want to be here. website information is welcome. all opinions are welcome. please, just stay within the paramaters: the rules are simple. stay on topic, no spamming, flaming or flooding. few have been banned and no one is banned without a warning, EVER.

nankster, no sympathy for that avatar! it's giving me the the heebiejeebies.

07-24-02 06:15 AM
Jumacfly yes, this board is great, nice people, very funny, and also a good way to improve my english...LoL!!
that s what i say to my boss when he comes into my office...but shhhh!!

Congratulations to the Trinity, and cheers folks !!

07-24-02 09:10 AM
nankerphelge Well Jaxx, I needed an avatar that captured the inner-nank. But I was/am very concerned that the good god-fearing folk of Rock Off would get the wrong idea and think that I am one of Satan's minions or something crazy like that.

I am here to assure everyone that my duties are purely ministerial! (Apologies to Mick!)

07-24-02 09:33 AM
Joey 'Dear Joey...thanks for the referral...I'll read it this summer..what's left of it. And the love is mutual.

summer of love returns.. '

Amen , I am just happy you are alive my Princess . After your story here at this board about how close you came to getting squished to death at the 1979 Cincinnati WHO Concert Tragedy , I began to understand the real power of ROCK !

Martha , you have just got to get VH1 so you can see that special " 100 Most Shocking Moments in Rock and Roll " Outstanding production and ample time is given to each moment ....................# 3 is Altamont , # 2 is the 1993 Michael Jackson debacle , and # 1 is John Lennon's murder .

Snaggle

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road