ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stade de France, St-Denis, Paris 28th July 2006
© Pierre Andrieu with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Velvet Revolver To Work With Rick Rubin Return to archive
25th July 2006 10:54 PM
RollingstonesUSA VELVET REVOLVER has decided to take a little time off from writing for its new album to play a few shows. But drummer Matt Sorum told ABC Radio's ePrep they're on track to have the CD in stores in the spring. No producer has been chosen at this point, but the band has been speaking with Rick Rubin (AUDIOSLAVE, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS, SYSTEM OF A DOWN, SLAYER, SLIPKNOT), hoping to get him to come on board for the project.

"We've been talking to Rick Rubin," Sorum revealed. "So hopefully he's gonna come on board, because I think he's just a great song guy. And his advice to us, which was great advice, was, 'Write as many songs as possible.' He's listened to a lot of our riffs and different parts that we have. He's a very honest guy, and even if he doesn't produce us, he's given us a good sense of what we need to go for, and that's just great songs."

The working title for the disk remains "Libertad", although Sorum dismisses Scott Weiland's statements that it will be a concept record.

"You know, Scott said something about a concept album," Sorum told ABC Radio's ePrep. "But you know, the concept is let's get it done, you know what I mean? (laughs)"

VELVET REVOLVER's 2004 debut, "Contraband", was certified double-platinum for sales in excess of two million copies in the United States.

(Thanks: ABC Radio's ePrep)
25th July 2006 11:02 PM
Taptrick
I think Rubin did excellent w ith Stadium Arcadium. That was him right?

By the way Stadium reminds me of Exile in that at first I thought "Oh well - that's it." But there is so much to digest. I'm discovering something everyday. Maybe about 10-20% filler though. By contrast Exile has no filler and encompasses a wider range of music.

25th July 2006 11:06 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

I think Rubin did excellent w ith Stadium Arcadium. That was him right?

By the way Stadium reminds me of Exile in that at first I thought "Oh well - that's it." But there is so much to digest. I'm discovering something everyday. Maybe about 10-20% filler though. By contrast Exile has no filler and encompasses a wider range of music.

Yeah, that was Rick, Stadium is WOW, my fav song is Wet Sand, I fuckin' love that song, if The Stones do another album please, please get Rick to produce it....
25th July 2006 11:51 PM
GimmeExile Stadium Arcadium is a masterpiece! I don't think there is any filler on the 28-song, 2-hour double album at all (which seems impossible!). John Frusciante is the soul of that band. His harmonies, melodies and solos are gorgeous. Anthony Kiedis has developed into a great lyricist and vocalist since 1999. And I love how Flea's bass lines have matured from the funk slapping to melancholic flourishes and melodies.

It's refreshing to see other people on here bring up this album which I've listened to regularly since its release back in early May. There are numerous songs that could become hit singles. I hope the album has legs like Californication.

I like Velvet Revolver's first album but they definitely need a great producer like Rick Rubin to nurture and discipline them. I love Rubin's production on the first two Audioslave albums.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
26th July 2006 01:03 AM
Gimme Shelter I'll be seeing Velvet Revolver on Saturday night and the Chili Peppers next month.
26th July 2006 01:38 AM
pdog I agree with everything about The RHCP's new album...
Hopefully Rubin can get some good noise of of Revolver, what I heard from Contraband I didn't like!
26th July 2006 03:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Yeah, that was Rick, Stadium is WOW, my fav song is Wet Sand, I fuckin' love that song, if The Stones do another album please, please get Rick to produce it....

my fav is the song "stadium arcadium"," charlie" and 21st century".
fuckin great album , I ve made my own compilation and enjoy every second!
26th July 2006 04:10 AM
winter Stadium Arcadium is a masterpiece. Fusciante is the man - very creative and unique style. Every week I have new favorite songs - right now it's Wet Sand, Especially in Michigan and Hey. Great article in Rolling Stones a couple months back.

I like Velvet Revolver, but I miss STP. Tiny Music was probably the last masterpiece for me before Stadium Arcadium.

wintah
26th July 2006 08:18 AM
Taptrick
I agree that Fusciante is doing marvelous work. Often some very complicated work going on but not in the forefront of a lot of mixes. He has clearly been influenced by Hendrix like material (Castles, Little Wing, You Got Me Floating, Dolly Dagger). If you like that Hendrix-type style of rythym - checkj out Curtis Mayfield.
I'm still trying to find domething to appreciate in the last three songs but I'll keep trying. I hear something new each day. By The Way is still my fav.

26th July 2006 08:42 AM
Factory Girl I can't stand Scott Weiland. Otherwise, I think VR are just fabu.
26th July 2006 09:21 PM
Soldatti Rubin is a very busy man.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)