ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stade de France, St-Denis, Paris 28th July 2006
© Pierre Andrieu with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I feel a deep relief about the Fall Tour... Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th July 2006 12:09 PM
roadster32 because after announcing these ridiculous dates I'm more than 100 % sure that this is definitely not the end and that i will see them again.

Who wants to end his fabulous career in Boise Idaho?

Not me and i'm sure not mick and the boys. They need a final big bang when the curtain will fall, i.e. 5 nights at Wembley or MSG or something like that.

I tell you i can't be happier than with these dates although i'm not attending one of them.

So let them do their tingletangle tour through the US and be ready for the final biggest bang.

Yippie

25th July 2006 12:16 PM
Gazza there will be a few shows after Boise, including LA and Honolulu

there may even be shows in South America before the year is out, according to some reports

The days of playing 5 night runs anywhere are over however. At the prices they charge its going to be impossible to fill a stadium for more than a couple of nights and its more cost effective to play a city like New York every 6 months or so with one or two shows at a time because by doing it that way you're more likely to get people being able to afford multiple nights instead of forking out thousands to go to about 5 shows in 10 days.
25th July 2006 12:19 PM
Some Guy It is absolutely unacceptable to dust Atlanta, Georgia the Stonesiest city in the Southeastern USA.
25th July 2006 12:24 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It is absolutely unacceptable to dust Atlanta, Georgia the Stonesiest city in the Southeastern USA.

2nd show was slow to sell out
25th July 2006 12:29 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

2nd show was slow to sell out

we're pacing ourselves.
25th July 2006 12:36 PM
Jumping Jack A sell out is a sell out dammit!

A blues band should show more respect for the south!!!
25th July 2006 12:39 PM
Dan IIRC, there were only 13,000 tickets reported as sold for the 2nd Atlanta show. Is that really a sellout?
25th July 2006 12:42 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
IIRC, there were only 13,000 tickets reported as sold for the 2nd Atlanta show. Is that really a sellout?

many places were "sold out" with 12-14k!!! Boston at 12,500!!!!
25th July 2006 12:45 PM
Some Guy What about the kids??

Atlanta got douched.
[Edited by Some Guy]
25th July 2006 01:06 PM
Jumping Jack My sources tell me The Fox Theater won't be announced until the Beacon is announced and Mick Taylor will be guesting.

Remember who told you this news first!!!
25th July 2006 02:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me The Fox Theater won't be announced until the Beacon is announced and Mick Taylor will be guesting.

PUG!
25th July 2006 02:22 PM
Gazza LOL
25th July 2006 02:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
A sell out is a sell out dammit!

Blues bands dont charge $450 a ticket...LOL

anyway, does playing a racecourse in Kentucky not count?

I guess that N.O. benefit show that some talked about seems to have gone tits-up as well, unfortunately
25th July 2006 02:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me The Fox Theater won't be announced until the Beacon is announced and Mick Taylor will be guesting.

Saint Sway!
25th July 2006 03:03 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I guess that N.O. benefit show that some talked about seems to have gone tits-up as well, unfortunately

I guess Cohl googled the average income of people
in Louisiana & Mississippi.

SV

25th July 2006 03:08 PM
Some Guy and then depression set in...
25th July 2006 03:19 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
A sell out is a sell out dammit!

The whole Mason Dixon line got screwed.........But my hunch is more shows to be announced soon....
25th July 2006 03:20 PM
Some Guy I am offended.
25th July 2006 03:21 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Blues bands dont charge $450 a ticket...LOL

anyway, does playing a racecourse in Kentucky not count?

They dont need a benefit.Enough $ has been wasted by politicians there already!..How about a freakin benefit for Stones fans of 45 yrs?!
25th July 2006 03:27 PM
Dan
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
because after announcing these ridiculous dates I'm more than 100 % sure that this is definitely not the end and that i will see them again.

Who wants to end his fabulous career in Boise Idaho?

Its all about where they can make the most money, not doing "farewell shows" in prestigious markets. But if I were to about to cap off a 45 year entertaining career, I would rather do it in front of crowds that would appreciate it the most and that means markets that have been under represented in the past.
25th July 2006 03:30 PM
Jumping Jack A horse track for war horses does seem appropriate doesn't it, LOL!

Well when you're sitting back in your rose pink Cadillac
Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day
25th July 2006 03:30 PM
jb They havbe never used the final tour crap like others...this appears to be it, but it may also be a new beginning.
25th July 2006 03:31 PM
keefkid
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I guess Cohl googled the average income of people
in Louisiana & Mississippi.

SV

OMG

now that is funny...

but yes it suxs this one is not happening...
25th July 2006 03:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:
They havbe never used the final tour crap like others...this appears to be it, but it may also be a new beginning.

We have not been Who'd, we can be grateful.
25th July 2006 03:38 PM
Dan I think Mick and Keith will be back in some form in the future.
25th July 2006 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think Mick and Keith will be back in some form in the future.

Lets hope not ...without the Stones, they are both very ordinary....keith is not the rocker he was in the late 80's with the Whinos and Mick=GITDW.
25th July 2006 03:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
A horse track for war horses does seem appropriate doesn't it, LOL!

Well when you're sitting back in your rose pink Cadillac
Making bets on Kentucky Derby Day

Good call on that one!! I guess that one will be a cert to be played so that it gets a 'local cheer'

Then again, 'Sticky Fingers' is an obscure album! LOL
25th July 2006 03:51 PM
jb i WILL GO TO KENTUCKY IF THERE ARE DIRECT FLIGHTS FROM fLORIDA............i ENJOYED ALL MY SOUTHERN SHOWS, WITH mEMPHIS THE BEST................
25th July 2006 03:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

They dont need a benefit.Enough $ has been wasted by politicians there already!..How about a freakin benefit for Stones fans of 45 yrs?!

I am calling a press conference tomorrow to launch "Gazza Aid" !!

Hopefully there'll be a few illiterate Arabs who will mistakenly think its some Middle East fundraiser and who will gladly donate a few thousand before they notice their error.
25th July 2006 04:12 PM
Jumping Jack Dead Flowers and Wild Horse are a lock at Churchill Downs!

Pug will predict this in about 4 weeks, LOL!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)