ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stade de France, St-Denis, Paris 28th July 2006
© Pierre Andrieu with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the board...is it down???? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
21st July 2006 04:44 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I said I'd do three cities.

Chicago is definite.

New York is definite. They gotta add MSG, no??

Third I thought would be South Florida and/or Atlanta. I cannot believe they did not get a show. Looking at the list I'm really thinking Austin would be very very cool.

LJ.

I had a thought, but I won't entertain it much further. Atlanta and Chicago, from what I hear, frown upon lewd acts in public areas, especially in Wrigley Field.
21st July 2006 04:47 PM
not bound to please
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

It's nice to have you on record as declaring allegiance to a foreign power.
I think the Florida counsellor can supply the Constitutionally mandated penalty for such loyalties....

that would be Josh. Since he has a such a big house - I think Israel should relocate there.
21st July 2006 04:47 PM
LadyJane Gee Trey, from the way you talk one would think LJ is a big SLOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I should re-phrase my post. I said I'd visit three cities.....instead of I'd DO three cities.

LOL

LJ.
21st July 2006 04:48 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I think the Florida counsellor can supply the Constitutionally mandated penalty for such loyalties....

I never declared allegiance, I said I would go to help. Big fucking difference!
Besides, this is Americas fight too! Unless you support Iran and Syria... You want to debate an allegiance, condemn them first! did you cheer when our marines died in Beruit in the 80's?
21st July 2006 04:52 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

Besides, this is Americas fight too! Unless you support Iran and Syria... You want to debate an allegiance, condemn them first! did you cheer when our marines died in Beruit in the 80's?

No it's not - that's the problem.
21st July 2006 04:53 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Gee Trey, from the way you talk one would think LJ is a big SLOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps I should re-phrase my post. I said I'd visit three cities.....instead of I'd DO three cities.

LOL

LJ.

LJ, you're one of the friendliest and loveliest of the slots. I only say what I say in jest, my dear.

Now I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

SLOTS RULE, YOU BASTARDS!!!!!

Thank you.
21st July 2006 04:55 PM
pdog
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

No it's not - that's the problem.

Hezbollah is bigger, more determined, better armed and funded than Al-queida ever was, and they hate America... Even us liberal Americans!
21st July 2006 04:59 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

Hezbollah is bigger, more determined, better armed and funded than Al-queida ever was, and they hate America... Even us liberal Americans!

good for them
21st July 2006 04:59 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:

LJ, you're one of the friendliest and loveliest of the slots. I only say what I say in jest, my dear.

Now I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

SLOTS RULE, YOU BASTARDS!!!!!

Thank you.

Your in my tag line, Trey. That's pretty special.

LJ.
21st July 2006 05:02 PM
pdog
quote:

good for them

So it's not only my duty, my calling but my god given right to killt hem and their children, since they're killing my brothers and sisters right this moment!
I feel much better!
It's ironic, when someone who opposes you in a debate makes your case for you!
21st July 2006 05:05 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Your in my tag line, Trey. That's pretty special.

LJ.

It always feels good to know you're remembered in such a way. Thank you LJ.
21st July 2006 05:05 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

So it's not only my duty, my calling but my god given right to killt hem and their children, since they're killing my brothers and sisters right this moment!
I feel much better!
It's ironic, when someone who opposes you in a debate makes your case for you!

I knew you'd take the bait...
21st July 2006 05:23 PM
pdog
quote:

I knew you'd take the bait...

I knew, you knew, that I was going to take the bait!
Was that basil?
21st July 2006 06:38 PM
glencar Guys, can we confine the Israel is great/terrible stuff to that other thread? Otherwise I'll pull my pants down & cry & throw things around. TIA!
21st July 2006 09:13 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

Besides, this is Americas fight too!

No, it is an Asiatic tribal war of interest to only those who claim descent from the region. Israel AND Lebanon are not worth the bones of a single Texas grenadier. As for the rest of your unpatriotic argument, I suggest you read of the case of Jonathan Pollard--another 'American' with traitorous loyalties to foreign interests....you might want to try that before tossing out your usual slander and lies that masquerade your ignorance...
[Edited by lotsajizz]
21st July 2006 09:41 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

No, it is an Asiatic tribal war of interest to only those who claim descent from the region. Israel AND Lebanon are not worth the bones of a single Texas grenadier. As for the rest of your unpatriotic argument, I suggest you read of the case of Jonathan Pollard--another 'American' with traitorous loyalties to foreign interests....you might want to try that before tossing out your usual slander and lies that masquerade your ignorance...
[Edited by lotsajizz]

I'm far from ignorant... What slander and lies? How do you connect me with Pollard, I'm an American citizen of jewish descent, who is in full support of the right to a Jewsih homeland. It was brought to fruition after the Hollacaust. The failure of Muslim nations to help The Palestinians, who they treated worse than blacks were in the USA. Now they use them as pawns to carry out their hatred of Jews worlwide. You can include America and europe in their hatred b/c they do, always have and will until we are dead.
You can call me a Zionist, but I know nothing of Zionism outside of practical terms. I've never been taught Zionism, have not persued it's beliefs and outside of acquuiring my beliefs on my own that's the only connection.
You can call the conflict anything you like, you can support Hezbollah and decry death to Israel, I don't give a fuck what you think... It doesn't change the fact that people who share my bloodlines are being murdered, for no other reason than their bloodlines. I can only hope and pray you, your family and anyone else I may know never experience that kind of hatred.
Do wish Hitler won, and finished his final solution?
If you feel as bad as I do, for the plight of Palestinians tthen place the blame squarely on the other muslims who left them to rot, and didn't help them form a country... And blame those who to this day, despite not helping them live better use them as pawns to carry out an extermination jews!
Who got Hezbollah to kidnap Israeli soldiers? They want war, and they will get it. It's all they want, they don't wish for peace and are willing to sacrafice the lives of innocents rather than live a happy life.
Arafat died with his hate, alone and frustrated, kinda like you!
21st July 2006 11:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i dunno....csn&y do 35 songs on their setlist....no opening bands either...

more bang for your buck!

Yes...you have officially inherited the crown...you are the new Wavy Gravy...csn&y?...just how many pairs of birkenstocks do you own?...and dude, I know you're from the midwest and all...but, from a friend to a friend, lose the socks

21st July 2006 11:44 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

... What slander and lies?

The suggestion (without support) in your earlier post that I somehow 'supported' the 1983 slaughter of the Marines in Beirut. Such non sequitur slurs in lieu of an actual point is the 'erecting the strawman' argument of which you are so fond. A strawman is the only one against which you can win an argument.
22nd July 2006 01:02 AM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

The suggestion (without support) in your earlier post that I somehow 'supported' the 1983 slaughter of the Marines in Beirut. Such non sequitur slurs in lieu of an actual point is the 'erecting the strawman' argument of which you are so fond. A strawman is the only one against which you can win an argument.

I didn't know you were so sensitive! Then again, for your claim of me being ignorant, you seem to be taking my post out of context... I didn't suggest, I asked you a rhetorical and sarcastic question. For someone who is an asshole when it comes to people disagreeing with you, you should be used to sarcastic replies by now...
Since you are a smart college graduate and I'm just a low life junkie high school dropout, please spin this more... Please remember, my reply was to your charges of me being treasonist... Or does the concept of context in conversation not apply when I'm responding to your attack... Probably not since you fight like a retard on speed!
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

quote:
Pdog wrote like a motherfucker:

The only strawman, god you sound so weak everytime you say it, is erected by you.
You know the old saying, if it walks like it's got a straw up it's ass, it's Sean!

22nd July 2006 09:19 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

The only strawman, god you sound so weak everytime you say it, is erected by you.
You know the old saying, if it walks like it's got a straw up it's ass, it's Sean!

Another lie..or is it you just can't understand the phrase? Or if you act ignorant enough even when it is shown to you it will all just somehow go away and no one will realize you got busted in a lie. I will give you example to encourage your comprehension; how long have have you Pdog supported the death of little children? Well, why do support their deaths? Why, that is just an evil point of view to have!!

See, inventing your opponent's position works better than arguing what was actually said. If you're feeble minded that is.
[Edited by lotsajizz]
22nd July 2006 02:34 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Another lie..or is it you just can't understand the phrase? Or if you act ignorant enough even when it is shown to you it will all just somehow go away and no one will realize you got busted in a lie. I will give you example to encourage your comprehension; how long have have you Pdog supported the death of little children? Well, why do support their deaths? Why, that is just an evil point of view to have!!

See, inventing your opponent's position works better than arguing what was actually said. If you're feeble minded that is.
[Edited by lotsajizz]

I'm a junkie high school dropout... And I schooled your ass.
Our debate, just like the conflict we are debating, isn't about who is right and who is wrong, who is smarter or anything like that. It's about who survives. So you better bring better than this!
22nd July 2006 02:46 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm a junkie high school dropout... And I schooled your ass.
Our debate, just like the conflict we are debating, isn't about who is right and who is wrong, who is smarter or anything like that. It's about who survives. So you better bring better than this!

Word...I saw it...everyone saw it..you schooled him alright...worked him like a sex slave
22nd July 2006 03:02 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Word...I saw it...everyone saw it..you schooled him alright...worked him like a sex slave

He calls me treasonous and cowardly, and accuses me of attacking him and lying...
Notice how Sean has the same argument with everyone, over and over again. With me he's not even debating a point or taking a stand on an issue. He's just spinning faster than a hippie freak at a Dead show... Oh wait, he is a hippie dead head freak. That comment is gonna piss him off!
22nd July 2006 03:36 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

He calls me treasonous and cowardly, and accuses me of attacking him and lying...
Notice how Sean has the same argument with everyone, over and over again. With me he's not even debating a point or taking a stand on an issue. He's just spinning faster than a hippie freak at a Dead show... Oh wait, he is a hippie dead head freak. That comment is gonna piss him off!

Wait..he accused you of lying?...after the big lie he was running around telling everyone about Lugar?...I have seen this behavior before on this board...and that did not end well...He is in a state of confusion now...the democrats have not yet articulated an argument as to why the middle-east crisis in W's fault...he has no marching orders...he is in unfamiliar territory where he must give a personal opinion...it appears he can't...typical
22nd July 2006 04:03 PM
Joey " the democrats have not yet articulated an argument as to why the middle-east crisis in W's fault...he has no marching orders..."

Oh Lil' Fiji ..........................

Do not you understand that Saddam was as bad as he was because of Iraq .......that and the guy kept Iran at bay for thirty friggin years .

The decision to go into Iraq was the GREATEST FOREIGN POLICY DISASTER BY ANY LEADER OF ANY NATION IN THE HISTORY OF THE FRRIGGIN WORLD !!!!!

Just three and 1/2 more months to go until we get subpoena power my Lil' Stonescicles . YES !!!!

" We are screwed Ronnie ! "

Jacky Cakes !
22nd July 2006 04:11 PM
not bound to please Jerusalem Nun Speaks About Terror in Holy Land

By Sophia Apessos
Special to The National Herald

NEW YORK - The Cathedral fellowship of The Holy Trinity Church in New York City hosted a presentation last Sunday by Mother Agapia Stephanopoulos, a member of the Orthodox Monastic community of St. Mary Magdalene in Gethsemane, Jerusalem, and administrator of the Orthodox School of Bethany.

Following the Divine Liturgy, Mother Agapia spoke about the state of Christianity in the Holy Land and how it can survive, at the Cathedral center in Manhattan.

"Christians are suffering in the Holy Land," said Mother Agapia.

She said the Israeli government is making life so difficult for people to eventually force them out. She said the fear in the Holy Land is that Christian churches and religious sites will become nothing more than museums under Israeli rule, if Christians are driven away. She painted a picture that can be linked more to Nazi Germany than to a modem-day democracy, with military rule, checkpoints, arbitrary curfews, random destruction and siege of property.

"Really what's going on is genocide under the radar gun," said Mother Agapia. She said from what she sees there everyday, it is clear that the Israelis do not want a peaceful resolution, but to control the entire area.

She said she saw a deaf, mute Palestinian man beaten by Israeli soldiers and shot in the back of the head because he was going to the local bakery for bread off curfew hours. He survived, but lost his eye.

"It has never been darker in the Holy Land than today following two years of state-sponsored terrorism against the Palestinian people who are desperately seeking a homeland, freedom and independence from Israeli occupation and brutality that has almost totally destroyed the land of Christ's birth along with several precious Christian sites," Maria Khoury, Ed.D., a Greek American author who lives in the West Bank, wrote in a paper entitled "Struggling One Day at a Time in the Holy Land."

Israeli soldiers stand in towers and on mountaintops in full gear with their American paid wepons, Khoury writes.

Mother Agapia explained that Israelis have yellow plates on their vehicles and are free to pass certain areas , while Palestinians have green plates on their vehicles and cannot pass freely from place to place.

"It's impossible to create a Palestinian state with the [Israeli] settlements being built," said Mother Agapia.

Mother Agapia said the Palestinians in Israel are treated like third-class citizens. "Even basic services are denied to Palestinians," said Nick Khoury a Palestinian Orthodox Christian, who comes from Nazareth.

He said until the Roman catholic Pope's visit in 2000, open sewage ran through the streets in Palestinian occupied areas.

"It's about the occupation,"said Mother Agapia. "Americans shouldn't look at it as an issue of terrorism but occupation."

Mother Agapia said what the Israeli military put people through at checkpoints, is more about harassment and humiliation than security. She said clerics, including herself, are required to do what they term "the dance" at Israeli soldier's demands: they have to raise their arms and turn slowly to show that they are not wearing a bomb or other weapon. "These are clerics, bishops and nuns, these people are not armed," said Mother Agapia, recalling another occasion when catholic and Orthodox bishops had to undergo such inspections of their luggage and their bodies that they refused to get on an airplane to attend an international inter-denominational religious conference on the occupation in Israel.

"The Palestinian Moslems are not there to push the Israelis into the ocean," said Mother Agapia. "I think we have to erase the idea that they are terrorists."

She said press reports never tell the full story behind suicide bombers. One Palestinian became a suicide bomber after his brother was gunned downed [sic] by Israeli soldiers on his way home from a wedding.

She does not agree with the measures they take, the Palestinians who have lost all hope and resort to suicide bombings, but the world does not hear them.

She said peaceful protests are nearly impossible and never make it into the press. A group of bishops and nuns were stopped by Israeli soldiers, who pointed their guns and tanks right at them as they tried to proceed. She said they were stopped so as not to attract media attention.

"Nobody had a weapon, nobody had rocks, these were peaceful, middle aged people," said Mother Agapia. Soldiers allowed a protest BY Israeli citizens for the rights of Palestinians until it began to get some media attention. At that point, the protest was squelched with teargas.

Mother Agapia said Israel is not a democracy or a place of religious freedom. Palestinians have no voting rights and live in second world conditions, while the Israelis live with modern-day amenities. She said they are not free to worship in the holy places when strict curfews are enforced.

She said Israeli checkpoints make it impossible to maintain a Palestinian economy. People must wait for hours before anyone can pass through, often sitting there an entire afternoon. People have become prisoners in their own villages, she said.

"Many times I return home to the village to find the same road I used in the morning completely blocked and can't get back home after a very tiring and hot day. Thus the children get out of the car and walk over the dirt piles with those heavy back packs that feel like rocks and I call my husband to meet me at the checkpoint and drive the car through the valley because he will hit fewer rocks than me," Khoury writes about the blocked roads.

"The Palestinians are losing all of their land and their faith," said Mother I Agapla.

Americans decry human rights violations across the world, yet support, with tens of billions of dollars a year the Israeli government.

"The politicians here support them regardless of these issues, and they're not even an ally hardly, they spy on us," said one audience member.

Mother Agapia explained that the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate is in danger of losing its land to the Israeli government as well. She said the Jerusalem patriarchate has much land there, and Israel's refusal to recognize the patriarchate is a way to pressure the patriarchate to share their views.

The patriarchate owns land in Beit Sahour, a predominantly Christian town of about 13,000 that is being used as housing for 100 Orthodox Christian families. The Israelis are building tunnels and roadways around Palestinian occupied areas and these Orthodox homes are in the way of the Israeli tunnels, so the government wants to take over this land and build tunnels in their place.

The dispute is now in the Israeli courts. Israel claims that the seven four-story apartments built on Greek Orthodox Church-owned land is under their jurisdiction and no building permits were obtained to construct them. Beit Sahour officials say the buildings are in their jurisdiction and should not be demolished.

"Why as we, United States taxpayers, why is our money going into these territories, into building these settlements," Mother Agapia said Americans must ask themselves.

"Israel is basically a welfare state funded by the United States," said Mother Agapia.

She said the Greek Orthodox territories are occupied by Israelis, and that they have confiscated all of the land surrounding Nazareth. "The aim is to take over the territory completely," said Mother Agapia

She said there is fear that with a war against Iraq, in the ensuing chaos of war, people will be forced out of Israel

into Jordan and other surrounding areas. Jordan has blocked its borders and has told Israel that it will not accept any Palestinians into the country.

She said when you leave the Jordan River, you are forced to enter a bookstore run by the Kibbutz stocked with books speaking out against Christianity. She also talked about the 'walk-on-water' amusement park type ride at the site that she said makes a mockery of Christianity.

"I feel, unfortunately, that Orthodox Christians are too small a group to make a difference," said another audience member.

Mother Agapia, however, said anybody can help, and like water trickling down a rock, every little bit can make a difference. She said helping the people in the area economically is one way people can help fight the economic constraints these people are under and their inability to move freely has made it nearly impossible for people there to make a living.

"It's impossible for people to work," said Mother Agapia.

She said farmers who sell their goods often end up with spoiled produce that they are unable to sell, due to having to wait in long lines. She said they stand in lines that do not move, that soldiers just sit there, blocking the checkpoints, not allowing people through.

The Cathedral fellowship gave Mother Agapia a check for $500 to put toward her charitable works in Israel. "Some of these Christians are too proud to say they are in a desperate sitauation," said Mother Agapia.

One audience member said Americans are good-hearted people who just don't know about what really goes on in Israel. He asked Mother Agapia what would have to happen to have a more balanced media account of events in Israel. Mother Agapia said reporters are filing the stories, but many never make it to print. "A lot of times their stories are edited out," said Mother Agapia.

"A lot of what you have said seems to validate what we here thought was going on there in Israel, despite the one-sided media reports," said one audience member.

Another audience member asked why Patriarch Bartholomaios doesn't take a stronger stand on the issue and why Mother Agapia doesn't use her brother's (George Stephanopoulos) prominent position in the media to get the truth out about the human rights violations in Israel.

"There's tremendous pressure on the media," said Mother Agapia. "We don't need to be afraid," she said, adding that people should write to their church leaders about taking a stand on the issue, and to their elected officials as well. "I'm here today to ask you to help them carry their cross," said Mother Agapia. "Each of us in our own way can help to change the situation. Find your own way to help the Palestinian people carry their own cross," she added. "For those of you who've been saving up to go for the first time, now is not the time to go, but to those of you who have been before, it would help to take solidarity visits, let them know you support them," said Mother Agapia.

"We have to speak up," she said, "by silence God is betrayed."

She said people can also sponsor children in Israel to help them afford the cost of an education.

"Nobody is going into these towns, so these people can't sell their items, so we're shipping them out," said Mother Agapia. She explained that they will sell their items outside of Palestine through the Holy Land Christian Ecumenical Foundation, www.hcef.org, to help the people there maintain an income.

⌠Christ came for the poor and the neglected,¡ said Father Robert Stephanopoulos, dean of the Cathedral and father of Mother Agapia. ⌠I believe God has brought her here.¡
22nd July 2006 04:34 PM
Joey [quote]not bound to please wrote:
Jerusalem Nun Speaks About Terror in Holy Land

Woman ......................

GET OVER HERE !!!!!

GIT !!! .... GIT !!!!

Joey " IKE " Turner

..courtesy of Gerard Mulligan
22nd July 2006 04:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
the democrats have not yet articulated an argument as to why the middle-east crisis in W's fault...

It's perplexing to anyone who doesn't understand blind hatred. It's simple to understand, if you can understand there is no one to blame. It sends people like sean into a dead head hippie spiral that will only end in outstretched hands begging for change.
22nd July 2006 04:36 PM
pdog NBTP...
I love you babe, I really do...
It's Saturday and you post a foot long article that has Nun in the title... If it said Nun and Sex, then I'd read it...
22nd July 2006 05:01 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

You'd know.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)