ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New single released in UK on 22/8 Return to archive
July 26th, 2005 05:22 AM
Gazza

The Rolling Stones' new single, "Streets of Love"/"Rough Justice," will be released Aug. 22 in the U.K. as a limited edition, numbered CD and on seven-inch vinyl. "Streets of Love" was given its first British airplay on Friday on national AC/pop station BBC Radio 2 and has been made "single of the week" by the station this week. "Rough Justice" is expected to gain favor at more rock-oriented radio outlets including national broadcaster Virgin Radio.

"Streets of Love" was recorded in summer 2004 and produced by Don Was. Both tracks will be included on the band's first studio album since 1997's "Bridges To Babylon," which is due in early September and has yet to be given a confirmed title. The Stones are currently in their regular rehearsal home of Toronto preparing for the upcoming Onstage tour, which begins Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park.

link : http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000991266
[Edited by Gazza]
July 26th, 2005 05:24 AM
Poplar
well, there you have it. i'm affraid that erases any hope that SOL will not be on the album.

Guess we're SOL on that.
July 26th, 2005 05:27 AM
Gazza

THE ROLLING STONES release a brand new single next month.

'Streets Of Love' is the first track to be taken from the rock veterans' as-yet-untitled new studio album.

A Jagger-Richards composition, the track will be released as AA side with another new track 'Rough Justice' on August 22 through Virgin on limited edition, numbered CD and 7".

Produced the Don Was, the track is the first all-new material from the Stones since 1997's 'Bridges To Babylon' album.

Meanwhile, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood make their live return at Boston Fenway Park on August 21. But their world tour will not reach Europe until summer 2006.

After their US dates, the band will visit Canada, Mexico , South America and the Far East .

www.nme.com
July 26th, 2005 06:06 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Poplar wrote:

well, there you have it. i'm affraid that erases any hope that SOL will not be on the album.

Guess we're SOL on that.

Am I the only one here who thinks it's not that bad?
July 26th, 2005 08:00 AM
Daethgod i dig SOL

wish dudes would stop caning it

July 26th, 2005 08:29 AM
Gazza Said it before. Its NOT bad and if youd first heard it in the context of an album track, it wouldnt be getting the flak that its getting. Bury it in the middle of an album with a few rockers either side and it would have been no big deal. Had it been a b-side or an outtake on a bootleg, some people would be saying "why wasnt this on the album"?

However, its a horrid choice for a first single and an incredible anti climax as a first song to hear for people waiting for something new after so many years (but then, no matter WHAT they had put out first, there would have been an "is that IT?" reaction anyway after 8 years)

I've heard worse songs on each of the last few albums, but none of them were singles. Thats the problem. Its the belief that if they consider this to be strong enough to be a single, it doesnt bode well for the rest of the album.

Its grown on me a little and some parts of it I like (the chorus, the low key instrumental part) but the "awful" lyrics in the first verse are a turn off and will make for a bad radio single.

"Rough Justice" on the other hand has 'Rolling Stones' and 'single' written all over it. No, its not worthy of anything on 'Exile' but most sensible people have given up years ago on expecting anything of that quality.

For some of us who feared the band may have been creatively spent based on the new songs on 40 Licks, its a pleasant surprise

Judge it on its own merits as a song and not on what the band did a generation or two ago.

[Edited by Gazza]
July 26th, 2005 09:09 AM
gimmekeef SOL will probably be a huge hit...I mean jeez look at what passes as commercial music these days on the charts.Just dont let Mick bring
July 26th, 2005 09:10 AM
gimmekeef ooops....Just dont let Mick bring Kelly Clarkson from American Idol on stage to duet SOL with him!!!!!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)