ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm a Stones n00b, and I have a few questions... Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 26th, 2005 12:45 AM
Rolling Beatle
quote:
parmeda wrote:

If you are from the Chicago area, and you have never seen the Stones...get your fanny out to Soldier Field (with your father & your girlfriend!) on September 10th. It's true that you will be able to find affordable tickets that day, but you must get there early and feel out the possibilities.

You need to experience the huge spectical and everything that goes along with it, first hand.

Trust me, my first Stones show was at Soldier Field 27 years ago and I haven't missed one in that stadium since...

Your life will never be the same.

You will thank me on September 11th.

I live in Oswego--know where that is? Kendall County, just by Aurora.

I'll think about it. My g/f isn't that big a Stones fan, and my dad doesn't seem too excited about seeing them, though he's always liked them...

How early is early? How affordable is affordable? Face value? I'd be willing to pay the $60--probably no more than that...I'm just wondering if it would be worth it to be so far away from them in a stadium.

Thanks for the help, I think I'll see what happens.
July 26th, 2005 01:03 AM
parmeda Yes, I know where Oswego is...and it is a little bit of a ride into the city for you. The question is, how bad do you want to go?

I can only advise you to use your best judgement on how much $$$ you are willing to spend. You can sometimes catch a ticket for face value...again, how badly do you want to see them & how much are you willing to spend? You will find tickets in every price range. If you can only afford the $60 ticket, yet you're afraid that you'll be far from the stage...it's still a matter of personal choice...how badly do you want to be there and experience the excitement that it will bring you?

Get there no later than 2pm. There will be an obscene amount of tailgating in the afternoon. You've got to be willing to work the lot and get over to the box office area...be vocal...most scalpers won't approach you, in some cases you need to find them.

Try eBay, and look in the personal ads in the newspapers...you may get lucky.
July 26th, 2005 01:15 AM
pdog
quote:
parmeda wrote:
you may get lucky.

When a woman says that, I go bonkers. Yes is yes and no is no...BUT!!! You may get lucky. I've been known to lift buses of small children when I hear those words. Ain't no mountain high enough!

Stones tix advice in Chi-town... Ask dad to bring about $200.00, be sure it's a few ten and some twenties. Get a seat chart and famialirize yourself with the stadium. Don't buy ticketfast tickets, NEVER, unless the seller is willing to walk you in to prove they aren't multi printed duplicates...Only hard TicketMaster tix. The closer showtime approaches, the better seats for less seem to surface out front. There's always exceptions to the rule... I however have had alot of success the past few years just being patient. I have zero patience personally for The Stones, they're the only band I must get my tickets for. All other bands, I have great success. All the people I know who are patient with Stones tix, and many are found around here, get great seats at great prices!!! I've never heard of anyone not getting in for a good price...
July 26th, 2005 07:35 AM
Rolling Beatle Thanks a lot, everyone.

I don't think I can get out to Soldier Field and buy tickets there, but I will look into getting tickets somehow at United Center--Christmas money. : P
July 26th, 2005 08:42 AM
Lazy Bones I love threads like this!

The Rocks Off support team is, again, out in full force. And it's certainly got my adrenaline going with all this pre-show party chatter.

Gives me the heebie-jeebies...

Reminds me of that old Chinese proverb..."Stones Rule You Bastards!".
July 26th, 2005 09:15 AM
Jumping Jack Go see the Stones otherwise you will regret it the rest of your life. Always seize the opportunity! Second chances don't always happen. This applies to all aspects of life including the Stones.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)