ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cream Reunion Update Return to archive
July 25th, 2005 11:19 AM
FPM C10 Cream reunion dates for U.S. not certain:-
LONDON | July 22, 2005 11:11:47 PM IST

Eric Clapton says Cream reunion dates are possible this year in the United States -- but they haven't been locked in.

Clapton said Thursday that the famed rock trio is still planning on doing one more group of shows ... in the autumn and acknowledged rumors that they'll take place in October at New York City's Madison Square Garden.

I think the plan is to come to America, he said, but I don't know that it's 100 percent certain yet, so I don't want to create an expectation that might fall through.

Cream, which includes bassist Jack Bruce and drummer Ginger Baker, played three May shows at London's Royal Albert Hall, the group's first full concerts since 1968 and first appearance together since its 1993 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

CREAM 2005 REUNION TOUR
TBA - TENTATIVELY OCTOBER 24-26, 2005
MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NY

Platinum Entertainment

PRICES BELOW ARE PER
TICKET AND ARE THE SAME
FOR EACH NIGHT. ONCE
YOU CLICK THE BUY NOW
BUTTON TO START THE
ORDER PROCESS THERE IS
A BOX MARKED CUSTOMER
COMMENTS. PLEASE PLACE
YOUR CHOICE OF NIGHT
YOU WISH TO ATTEND, AND
IF APPLICABLE A FAX
NUMBER WHERE WE CAN
FAX YOU AN
AUTHORIZATION FORM AND
RECEIPT.

TICKETS WILL SHIP BY
OCTOBER 21, 2005

TICKET CATEGORY PER SEAT

PREMIUM FRONT FLOOR $3,295

REAR FLOOR SEATING $1,895

PREMIUM LOWER LEVEL $1,595

LOWER LEVEL REAR SIDE $1,295

LOWER LEVEL ENDZONES $895

LOWER LEVEL BEHIND STAGE $695

UPPER LEVEL SIDE STAGE $595

UPPER LEVEL ENDZONES $495

UPPER LEVEL BEHIND STAGE $450

July 25th, 2005 11:51 AM
gimmekeef So Cohl is doing this tour as well...or are those scalpers prices??
July 25th, 2005 12:27 PM
FPM C10
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So Cohl is doing this tour as well...or are those scalpers prices??

PLEASE! They prefer to be known as "ticket brokers".

Those are a ticket broker's prices. The shows haven't been confirmed yet. I definitely want to see them, but sure as hell can't afford those prices. I'll go with TM and hope for the best.
July 25th, 2005 12:31 PM
J.J.Flash Thank you Fleabit........

Unfortunately, I'm affraid young Jay can't afford such a fancy trip and wouldn't attend any of these gigs......

... and only God knows how sad this situation is for Jay.... Cream..... TOP NOTCH...... Why!??! Why!??!?! The Holy Trinity Bruce, Baker, Clapton
July 25th, 2005 12:45 PM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Thank you Fleabit........

Unfortunately, I'm affraid young Jay can't afford such a fancy trip and wouldn't attend any of these gigs......

... and only God knows how sad this situation is for Jay.... Cream..... TOP NOTCH...... Why!??! Why!??!?! The Holy Trinity Bruce, Baker, Clapton

Ah, Young Jay Jay, you make this old monkey sad. I would love nothing better than to share a booze with one of the most audacious posters of the southern hemisphere before and after seeing a TRUE supergroup's triumphant reunion.

Cream was one of the first groups I became obsessed with as a young monkey, after the Beatles and the Stones. I had the 45 of "Crossroads" and played it endlessly, and Disraeli Gears was the first album I bought with my own money. I guess that would have been around 1968.

I don't listen to Cream much anymore - a lot of their music has not aged well - but I will gladly play several hundred dollars for Miss Youngblood and myself to attend the MSG shows if they happen. Several HUNDRED, not several THOUSAND, which means I have to score when they go on sale. I sure can't afford those broker's prices!

Ah, Jay...will we EVER get to share a booze?
July 25th, 2005 01:06 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

[...]

Ah, Jay...will we EVER get to share a booze?

As long as there's nothing wrong with "sharing a booze", I swear the God we can make it.

btw, I've just gotten a brilliant Cream bootleg. I will try to give you a copy later.
July 25th, 2005 01:09 PM
kath well, so much for seeing cream........
July 25th, 2005 01:22 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
kath wrote:
well, so much for seeing cream........

Even the Stones standing as my biggest pride and joy, one could say "so much for seeing the Stones...."

Developing......

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
July 25th, 2005 01:32 PM
FPM C10
quote:
kath wrote:
well, so much for seeing cream........

Those are "broker" prices, Kath. A broker is, I guess, one who renders you broke.

I don't know what the ACTUAL face value of the tickets will be. For the time being I'm holding on to a dream of seeing them, and I'm certainly not figuring on spending $3200 apiece for the tickets.
July 25th, 2005 01:38 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

[...] and I'm certainly not figuring on spending $3200 apiece for the tickets.

... and that's gotta hurts......
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)