ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick's singing Return to archive
July 24th, 2005 07:56 PM
kmc What happened to the Mick Jagger who once said he couldn’t give a fuck about being singing like Tom Jones?!! I don’t have the exact quote, but he also said he didn’t have to sing the words clearly as long as people got the point - like in SATISFACTION.

Now he over- enunciates like crazy. The dragging out of every syllable in STREETS OF LOVE gets annoying. Give us more ROUGH JUSTICE.

P.S. Also, right now I don’t think RJ measures up to DON’T STOP.
July 24th, 2005 08:47 PM
gotdablouse Care to tell us why ?
July 24th, 2005 08:58 PM
Bruno Stone To me Mick`s singing is getting better on and on. Watch him in Stray Cat Blues from FF, his vibrato in "its no hanging M}A}T}T}E}R...". I always play "air vibrato" in that part.

July 24th, 2005 09:20 PM
texile yeah kmc - that affected voice he uses to convey emotion.....
hate it, its not natural, and he seems to have adopted it permanently
July 24th, 2005 09:49 PM
T&A i agree 100% - I first noticed MJ adopted that "affected mannered style" on parts of the Dirty Work album (Hold Back comes to mind). It became the prominent style on his first solo album. I don't even think he's conscious of it anymore - it's just his new style - and IT SUCKS. If I had never heard him sing before I would never have gotten interested in this band. Same problem afflicts Bono, Sting and a handful of others who I cannot tolerate. Both Bono and Sting have wonderful "natural" singing styles that they almost never use, btw...what a waste.
July 24th, 2005 10:27 PM
texile yep T&A, once again, syncronicity....
she's the boss was the first nail in the coffin - that's when that guy killed mick jagger and started singing on stones albums; its hideous, although there are a few occasions where its dropped.....out of focus from WS, sad,sad,sad from ST - but now, the guy has become a fixture..
can you make it through brand new set of rules?
try it some time.....
July 25th, 2005 08:22 AM
T&A touchez, textile. i honestly don't know how longtime Stones fans can even listen to more than 30 seconds of Jagger singing on SOL without heaving or turning the thing off. they are made of stronger stuff than I.....
July 25th, 2005 08:31 AM
Bitch HELLO!
MICK uses different singing/voice styles for different songs!

In Streets of Love MICK delivers a crystal clear sound, and in Rough Justice it's a like a fuzz vocal effect.

MICK's voice sounds beautiful on both songs, yet completely different. That's pure talent, man.

July 25th, 2005 10:08 AM
exile the SOL bashing is getting pretty boring

thoise of you who dont like it.....stop listening to it

Micks singing is fucking great

count yourselfs lucky to be getting a new album.
July 25th, 2005 10:22 AM
Jumacfly Funny how Mick's voice is less mannered on Rj than on You Got me rocking for instance (I think those two aren' very different)...May be their priority was to give a great sound to the band, and not to focus on their singer 's voice like on VL ..
July 25th, 2005 11:34 AM
texile exile, i only WISH i was that easy to please......
right now, i've got ry cooder on my cd player;
and hey, i'm still waiting for neocon!
July 25th, 2005 11:50 AM
texile you people seem to think we don't like jagger's voice - i LOVE the guy's voice, but there are times, LOTS of times, when he affects some weird, phony voice, and i don't buy it, i disregard it;
i'll praise the stones when i'm impressed, not when im "grateful" - jeez - can't anybody be discriminating?
July 25th, 2005 01:40 PM
jb He annunciates every word like a slow bowel movement.
July 25th, 2005 01:44 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
He annunciates every word like a slow bowel movement.

Oh , OH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*************** END TRANSMISSION ****************
July 25th, 2005 02:47 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I've listened to RJ twice on these downloaded mp3's... SOL zero times. I've decided to wait for the CD. The negativity is bringing me down and I don't want to develope any pre-conceived ideas from bad quality mp3's of a couple of songs.
July 25th, 2005 03:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I've listened to RJ twice on these downloaded mp3's... SOL zero times. I've decided to wait for the CD. The negativity is bringing me down and I don't want to develope any pre-conceived ideas from bad quality mp3's of a couple of songs.

Patience and forming your own opinions, much respect. Too bad others here can't follow suit. There's two or three posters who haven't overstated their case on disliking the new music and described why. The rest are just redundant.
July 25th, 2005 03:22 PM
texile i didn't form my opinion, the stones did......lol.
July 25th, 2005 03:27 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Patience and forming your own opinions, much respect. Too bad others here can't follow suit. There's two or three posters who haven't overstated their case on disliking the new music and described why. The rest are just redundant.

Well, many others, besides me, have expressed disappontment in the new songs..I even saw on the Lotus SS and Sir Moonie critisise them.....................................I know you respect them, so please explain???
July 25th, 2005 05:50 PM
tumbling dice
Mick´s live voice is the best of rock´n´´roll. In the studio, sometimes he´s not so good.After She´s the boss and onwards his style of sing became worst in few tracks but in Voodoo lounge especally in Love is strong and Moon is Up he back to the top.
July 25th, 2005 05:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I've listened to RJ twice on these downloaded mp3's... SOL zero times. I've decided to wait for the CD. The negativity is bringing me down and I don't want to develope any pre-conceived ideas from bad quality mp3's of a couple of songs.

http://www.iorr.org/onstage/index.htm

July 25th, 2005 06:10 PM
texile that is correct TD - and moon is up IS a great vocal on his part because it sounds authentic....since 85 - they are few and far between;
chaeck out his vocal on the acoustic version of blind leading the blind on the ....(i know, i know,)ALFIE soundtrack - it's the real shit.
but THIS sol shit is hideous.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)