ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Rough Justice" is the new single (FMQB) Return to archive
July 24th, 2005 05:51 PM
Gazza http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=102407
July 24th, 2005 05:55 PM
Gazza and some more on "Neo-Con" in the New York Daily News :

Mick elects to comment

Is Mick Jagger sticking to his pledge to stay out of American politics?

In October, the British rock god declined to weigh in on the Bush-Kerry race, telling us: "I'm from the school that considers it impolite to comment on other people's elections."

But now comes word the Stones' new album features a song, "Sweet Neo-Con," in which Mick supposedly gives a tongue-lashing to the Bush administration.

Jagger's rep insists that the song "doesn't even mention Bush" - leaving us to wonder who the London School of Economics alum is talking about.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/col/story/329772p-281806c.html
July 24th, 2005 06:38 PM
gotdablouse Do you think this is a reliable source ? Sounds like this was written before the songs made it to the radio on the 22nd.
July 24th, 2005 06:55 PM
Gazza it was published on the 21st - it said the songs were being sent to the radio station "tomorrow", ie the 22nd, and that RJ is the single...
July 24th, 2005 06:56 PM
hotlicks Rough justice grade A song !!!
July 24th, 2005 07:07 PM
gotdablouse Right, I was just wondering why the radios that played the songs hadn't specified that if it was common knowledge on the 21st. It's quite possible that the dude who wrote that thing didn't realize a second song was being sent out to the radios on that day, oh well, we'll see. No one will buy that single anyway ;-)
July 24th, 2005 07:55 PM
KeepRigid I read somewhere that Rough Justice was a radio edit, so isn't it likely they just released two songs to different markets? (I still have high hopes for She Saw Me Coming, if that one really was a strong contender for the lead single.)

Actually, I think their chances of a 'hot selling' single are a bit better these days, thanks to advances such as iTunes, etc. Much of their fanbase may not frequent music stores anymore, but they will certainly click a link to download something new.
[Edited by KeepRigid]
July 24th, 2005 09:04 PM
quackenbush I just heard Rough Justice on the radio today. It was alright.
July 24th, 2005 10:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Actually, I think their chances of a 'hot selling' single are a bit better these days, thanks to advances such as iTunes, etc. Much of their fanbase may not frequent music stores anymore, but they will certainly click a link to download something new.

Totally agreed. They need to push up RJ strong on the web, it could be a great summer hit.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)