ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: an other album title Return to archive
July 24th, 2005 04:15 PM
christijanus source triplearadio.com

Apr2004 - Jun2004 | Jul2004 - Sep2004 | Oct2004 - Dec2004 | Jan2005 - Apr2005

MUSIC NEWS BRIEFS
(Updated 7/22/05)

ROLLING STONES SET TO RELEASE NEW ALBUM SEPT. 6TH (7/19/05)
The Rolling Stones are set to release a new studio album The Little Wonders (Virgin) September 6th. Recorded in France in late 2004/early 2005, the album features the regular lineup of Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood. It is the first album of new material since 1997's Bridges To Babylon. On Friday, 7/29, Virgin will ship three advance tracks from the CD to AAA radio. The first single, “Rough Justice” impacts 8/1. The album is reportedly a return to the band's mid-tempo rockin' roots. The record is produced, again, by Don Was. The Stones' world tour begins in Boston August 21st. After touring the U.S and Canada, the band will then tour Mexico, South America, the Far East and finally Europe in the summer of 2006. The tour was announced in a press conference/mini-performance May 10th at Lincoln Center.

As is tradition, the band is currently rehearsing in Toronto, hunkered down at a private college and using a local airport hanger as a mock stage set. Some members of the group have been spotted dining and strolling about the city. "The World's Greatest Rock n' Roll Band" also have a history of playing a small surprise club gig or two in Toronto before the tour begins.

http://www.triplearadio.com/music_news/
July 24th, 2005 04:30 PM
Some Guy I don't get it
July 24th, 2005 04:32 PM
beer Bigger Bang. The Little Wonders. Who comes up with this crap?

-
July 24th, 2005 04:49 PM
gotdablouse One more track next week ?
July 24th, 2005 04:52 PM
Poplar
For those of you keeping score:

Neocon
The Little Wonders
Rough Justice
The Bigger Bang

(have i missed any?)
July 24th, 2005 04:53 PM
beer
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Neocon
The Little Wonders
Rough Justice
The Bigger Bang

(have i missed any?)

Manhattan Beach

-
July 24th, 2005 05:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
beer wrote:
Bigger Bang. The Little Wonders. Who comes up with this crap?

-

Ian Stewart, I think.

Sounds like one of his pet names for the band - ie, "My Little Shower of Shit"
July 24th, 2005 05:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Neocon
The Little Wonders
Rough Justice
The Bigger Bang

(have i missed any?)

was "Rough Justice" touted as an album title?
Or is that next week's name...?
July 24th, 2005 05:05 PM
Gazza

In all this fuss over the album title, we've overlooked this :

quote:
christijanus wrote:

On Friday, 7/29, Virgin will ship three advance tracks from the CD to AAA radio.

The first single, “Rough Justice” impacts 8/1.

"Rough Justice" as the single? here's hoping! Maybe the internet feedback on the two new songs have swayed their choice!
July 24th, 2005 05:06 PM
Poplar
D'oh! Updated:

Neocon
Manhattan Beach
Rough Justice
The Bigger Bang
The Little Wonders

July 24th, 2005 05:14 PM
KeepRigid Under The Radar has also been mentioned as the title.

iTunes is supposed to be getting SOL, RJ, and Back of My Hand, so perhaps that's the third song they are shipping?
July 24th, 2005 05:21 PM
Poplar Updated:

Neocon
Manhattan Beach
Rough Justice
The Bigger Bang
The Little Wonders
Under the Radar
July 25th, 2005 08:27 AM
gimmekeef Wasnt there also..."A Bigger Bang...from Ian"..?
July 25th, 2005 08:31 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Wasnt there also..."A Bigger Bang...from Ian"..?

yes and I bet it will be this one!!!
July 25th, 2005 10:39 AM
Gazza Amazing that six weeks from today the album is out, yet no one seems to know for sure what its called - there are as many titles as there are songs, it seems.

two new songs getting airplay over the weekend, fans waiting on some word on the album - yet as far as rs.com is concerned, the new songs or the album may as well not exist. Still, its great to know they're keeping us up to date with the really important stories, like Keith's picture being featured on the front of Guitar Player magazine for the 357th time
July 25th, 2005 10:49 AM
gimmekeef I'm guessing that they roll it out on Aug 1st when the new songs will be "officially" available.Probably ONNYA;SOL;RJ...Then with rumored shorter rehearsals in Toronto my bet is the surprise gig is in USA this time for more exposure..(the Beacon?)....
July 25th, 2005 11:32 AM
FPM C10 Well, the latest possible album title - "The Little Wonders" - is a bit of a rip off of the Bowie song "Little Wonder" from Earthling. Not a great song but a big improvement from the song title ("Look What the Cat Dragged In")they stole from POISON.

As a special favor to everyone, I WON'T post any pictures of Poison to go with this.

Gazza is right, it DOES sound like something Stu would say - in which case the new album should be called "Little Showers of Shit".

As a special favor to everyone, Bloozehound won't post any pictures to go with THIS.
July 25th, 2005 02:49 PM
72Tele How about "Frampton Comes Alive"? I'm not a marketing giant by accident.
July 25th, 2005 03:27 PM
gimmekeef Or Keith and Ronnie Come Alive!
July 25th, 2005 06:26 PM
Back Street Girl http://www.iorr.org/onstage/index.htm

A Bigger Bang
The Rolling Stones
New studio album 2005
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)