ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Macca's "Fine Line" MP3...(SSC) Return to archive
July 24th, 2005 06:36 AM
gotdablouse ...is available here :
http://www.maccacollector.com/Fine_Line-AOLMusic_firstlisten.mp3

Amazing that these old geezers are still fightin' it out 42 years after Macca gave "I wanna be your Man" to Mick and Keith...

One thing is certain, although Macca has always been dissed for his lightweight lyrics, they now appear very "deep" in comparison to what Mick has on offer in 2005 !

[Edited by gotdablouse]
July 24th, 2005 07:20 AM
pdog
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
...is available here :
http://www.maccacollector.com/Fine_Line-AOLMusic_firstlisten.mp3

Amazing that these old geezers are still fightin' it out 42 years after Macca gave "I wanna be your Man" to Mick and Keith...

Fuck Macca!
July 24th, 2005 08:39 AM
gotdablouse dude you're pathetic
July 24th, 2005 09:04 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Damn!
I must admit that new Macca song is cool, yeah, but NOT as our Rough & Justice, that really rock!
July 24th, 2005 11:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fuck Macca!

What's he done now? Whatever it is I wouldn't put it past him.
July 24th, 2005 02:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy This and "Rough Justice" are about the only things that've been playing from my computer recently.

The difference? "A Fine Line" is infuriating. You listen to it and go "why is this so good?" It's pop. It's thick pop, but the chord changes somehow make it buoyant and uplifting instead of the usual boring tripe McCartney likes to lavish us with when he does pop music (see: Flowers In The Dirt, Off The Ground, everything he did in the eighties).

"Rough Justice," on the other hand, is rock music, and fuck yeah, rock music rocks. Not the best lyrics in the world, but when have the Stones written great lyrics? Oh yeah, "Sympathy For The Devil" and "Satisfaction" and... waitaminute...
July 24th, 2005 02:26 PM
T&A it's ALL pop, folks. i don't see any diff between what the Stones do and Macca does, frankly. sue me.
July 24th, 2005 03:57 PM
MrPleasant Nice tune. I only heard it once, and I can tell it's better than any single off of Flaming Pie. Why? Because its catchier the first time around.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
July 24th, 2005 04:26 PM
Poplar cool tune. i never did understand all the "macca" haters.

another thing: paul still sound more like paul than mick does mick.

[Edited by Poplar]
July 24th, 2005 04:49 PM
pdog
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
dude you're pathetic

I know!
If Macca converted to Judiaism, I would consider greeting him!
July 24th, 2005 04:50 PM
Poplar
you could stick it in "wings greatest hits" and it would blend right in. and yes, that's a comlpliment.

July 24th, 2005 05:14 PM
Gimme Shelter I see the Stones and Paul one night after each other in November! I can't wait!!!
July 24th, 2005 06:40 PM
gotdablouse Another listen and "Fine Line" is really a good little song and it's fun to hear Macca drumming like it was 1973 (Band on the Run) all over again !
July 24th, 2005 07:41 PM
Poison Dart Good stuff from Macca
July 24th, 2005 07:47 PM
Poison Dart McCartney's new song sounds exactly like Flaming Pie.
[Edited by Poison Dart]
July 24th, 2005 08:32 PM
gotdablouse Actually it reminded me of FP too, so I played it tonight, and FL is a much better song, FP was kinda heavy and plodding, and had stupid lyrics. FL is also much better than "Young Boy" the first single off of FP.
July 24th, 2005 09:05 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy There's a certain smugness to it right at the beginning and during the "quiet" verse, where everything cuts out, that irritates me a little bit... but otherwise, I've come to the conclusion that if Neil Young's Prarie Wind is as good as this and "Rough Justice" (judging by "When God Made Me," it might not be) we could have three great albums by three classic rock stars coming out in the span of a few days.
July 24th, 2005 09:49 PM
KeepRigid Speaking of classic rockers...Alice Cooper's new album actually sounds like his early 70's work.

http://newwestrecords.com/alice/
July 24th, 2005 10:28 PM
Soldatti Wow, great tune.
It sounds like Flaming Pie and that record was good.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)