ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RJ and SOL US airplay Return to archive
July 23rd, 2005 02:31 PM
Soldatti Day one:
Streets Of Love - 13 spins (AAA: 10, AC: 3)
Rough Justice: - 121 spins (Mainstream Rock: 64, AAA: 52, Alternative: 5)

The radio is choosing, isn't it?
July 23rd, 2005 03:15 PM
Madafaka Yeah, we need more of RJ and less of SOL!
July 23rd, 2005 08:00 PM
Soldatti Wow!
The radio is loving RJ, another 103 spins today, 224 total in 15 hours. Audience impressions: 2.922,000.
Only 21 spins for SOL so far.
July 23rd, 2005 09:02 PM
Bloozehound good!

SOL needs to be taken behind the woodshed and beaten like a red headed step child
July 23rd, 2005 09:34 PM
T&A it would be nice to think the Stones are paying to these numbers and using to re-think SOL's possibly exclusion from the album. but, i'm thinking it's too late to screw with the album configuration given a release date so soon. but that's my fervent hope against hope...
July 23rd, 2005 10:11 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
good!

SOL needs to be taken behind the woodshed and beaten like a red headed step child

racist asshole
July 23rd, 2005 10:24 PM
exile Can someone tell me who released these songs? was it an accident or someone from the studio? or was it on purpose to get siome feedback on the new stuff.
July 23rd, 2005 10:47 PM
Soldatti A full summary of SOME radios playing RJ:

MAINSTREAM ROCK
WMMR-FM Philadelphia
KDKB-FM Phoenix
WBBB-FM Raleigh
WHEB-FM Portsmouth, NH
WHJY-FM Providence
WDHA-FM Morristown, NJ
WTUE-FM Dayton
WZZO-FM Allentown
WFBQ-FM Indianapolis
WRKZ-FM Pittsburgh

AAA
WXRT-FM Chicago
WBOS-FM Boston
KINK-FM Portland
WZGC-FM Atlanta
WTTS-FM Indianapolis
KBCO-FM Denver
WRLT-FM Nashville
KZPL-FM Kansas City
WZEW-FM Mobile

Some links:
http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaccess/jump.asp?chart=R1
http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaccess/Jump.asp?Chart=r5M
July 24th, 2005 04:55 AM
hotlicks Easy option is just make it a double A side and let the public and radio stations decide-------is there such a thing as a double A side anymore ?????
July 24th, 2005 06:35 AM
Jumping Jack I sent e-mails to the Atlanta radio stations requesting RJ including WZGC DaveFM. Glad they are listening!
July 24th, 2005 07:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think the Stones are testing us and the Radio stations. I think that whatever songs gets the most airplay, will be released as the first single. It's a very good way of doing it I think and It'll result in more sales.
July 24th, 2005 08:22 AM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I think the Stones are testing us and the Radio stations. I think that whatever songs gets the most airplay, will be released as the first single. It's a very good way of doing it I think and It'll result in more sales.

From what everyone says RJ is superior...so why a "test". I shall not listen to RJ, but it must be better than a reject from ALfie.(BY the way Scarlettte Johanson is one hot piece of ass-very sexy in the 'Island').
July 24th, 2005 08:32 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:
From what everyone says RJ is superior...so why a "test". I shall not listen to RJ, but it must be better than a reject from ALfie.(BY the way Scarlettte Johanson is one hot piece of ass-very sexy in the 'Island').

Well of course Rough Justice is superior and like you put it, everyone seems to share that point of view. However, the Stones were not to know which would be preferred, hence the test. Radio is playing Rough Justice the most, so fingers crossed for it to be released as the single. Maybe Streets Of Love could be the flip song. It does remind me of the Stones last PROPER b-side, Anyway You Look At It.

Scarlet Johanson? Wasn't it Sienna Miller who was in Alfie? Now SHE'S ONE HOT PIECE OF ASS and available at the moment, or so I hear.
July 24th, 2005 08:35 AM
jb Yes, Jude Law cheated on her with nanny(see David beckham)...I like the fact that in England men are permitted and expected to fuck around...in some way, you folks over the pond are clearly light years ahead then our society.
July 24th, 2005 08:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
jb wrote:
Yes, Jude Law cheated on her with nanny(see David beckham)...I like the fact that in England men are permitted and expected to fuck around...in some way, you folks over the pond are clearly light years ahead then our society.

Well, I wouldn't say it's permitted! Jude Law is being made out to be a cheating bastard, which he of course is, but what about the nanny involved? She played her part too.

With revelations that he's being involved in wife swapping sessions and the dodgy films he seems to make, I'd say that Jude Law is on a slippery slope and for Christ’s sake, who's cheat on Sienna Miller? I'm sorry, Jude Law or not, you'd be privileged to be with her
July 24th, 2005 10:00 AM
jb Actually, more permissible in France.........Look, why did Tommy Lee cheat on Heather Locklear and Pam Anderson-basically men are carnivores on the hunt for new prey no matter how good the last meal was.
July 24th, 2005 11:10 AM
Mr D
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
good! SOL needs to be taken behind the woodshed and beaten like a red headed step child

LMFAO!

classic
July 24th, 2005 11:17 AM
corgi37 Jude Laws nanny better be 1 hot bitch.

or, he needs his frigging head read.
July 24th, 2005 12:49 PM
Soldatti RJ #1 on Mainstream Rock most added and #4 on AAA.
http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaccess/Jump.asp?Chart=r5M
http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaccess/Jump.asp?Chart=r1M

Also #1 in spins in AAA:
http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/allaccess/takingoff.asp?chart=R1
July 24th, 2005 06:57 PM
PeerQueer I'd gladly do Jude Law, nanny, and wife, all together!

That would be one damn sweet flim-flam pie!

And do it to the entire new Stones album!

Time to clear my calendar...
July 24th, 2005 07:16 PM
gotdablouse Thanks for the links, let me find out about Clapton's new Revolution single, good start but quickly boring, at one point I though it was a reggae cover of the Beatles' song !
July 24th, 2005 07:43 PM
Poison Dart Continueed heavy rotation in Boston/Providence
July 24th, 2005 10:30 PM
Soldatti 430 spins in 40 hours now.
July 25th, 2005 08:30 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

racist asshole

don't think it was racist lotsa - hairist maybe or lacking in respect for the parentally unorthodox

also not an original line from our Blooooooooooozy - see: Hunter S.Thompson
July 25th, 2005 09:44 PM
Steel Wheels In Philly, the following stations are spinning the new rocker:

WMMR
WYSP
WXPN
WMGK
and whatever 97.5 is...
July 25th, 2005 10:23 PM
ezequiel2517
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Thanks for the links, let me find out about Clapton's new Revolution single, good start but quickly boring, at one point I though it was a reggae cover of the Beatles' song !

In fact, it´s a very good song!!!
here is the link, have fun!

http://www.warnerreprise.com/asx/ericclapton_revolutionalbumversion_128-a.asx

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)