ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rough justice mp3 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 22nd, 2005 05:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Rough Justice is getting tons of airplay in the Toronto area. After listening to the mp3 this morning, I've now heard it 5 times on FM radio, nice & loud, through a good stereo... I'm liking this one!!!

Dear Mr. Radio Programmer,
My name Jb. I live in Fla. I am stealing all promo copies of the new stones music b/c I hate the band and must rid the world of their music. I've spent the past few years trying to convince Stones fans online how much the band sucks. I am now going to the next level and destroying their music physically. Please return to playing System Of A Down, I like them alot.
Love,
Josh
P.S. Sorry about the toilet, I have IBS.
July 22nd, 2005 05:11 PM
FPM C10
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
kath and FPM--I am with you two on ANgie--even being one of those fanatical Mickchicks and all. I couldnt stomach the video or song. Much to affected. I pretended Mick never dressed like that--put that shit right outta mah mind...

Although As Tears GO By (as is being reported in TOronto) would be interesting, no??

I didn't express myself too well. I THINK I actually like it but I don't know why. It's one of those things that just makes me roll my eyes and say "well, I love him anyway." At that point there hadn't been TOO many of those instances.

I'd like to hear him sing "As Tears Go By" with something approaching the directness and innocence of the original. That's probably impossible at this late date!
July 22nd, 2005 05:13 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
pdog wrote:

Please return to playing System Of A Down, I like them alot.
Love,
Josh

no way JB tell'm to crank out the Poison

"C.C. pick up that guitar and talk to me"
July 22nd, 2005 05:54 PM
gotdablouse Just played the 3 new tunes to the Misses and guess what she likes SOL best ;-) Actually it's pretty good, like I said before it's got something, some new phrasing and chord changes, the music is miles better than "Blinded by Rainbows" and that chorus whining is slick. Reminds me of Fool to Cry a bit, it will do well.

But yes RJ is a mean son of a gun !
July 22nd, 2005 05:59 PM
wgwalsh RJ chases the summertime blues away. What a breath of fresh air. Let's keep the window open...all the way.

Oh mate Ian, how old were ya when EXILE was released ? Did Mick Taylor add anything to the band for ya ? I believe they played in your neck of the woods that year. Brian was not available at that time. Woody was tied up with the Faces.
July 22nd, 2005 07:20 PM
Soldatti RJ is a real air breath, I can sleep happy for a month now.
July 22nd, 2005 08:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
RJ is a real air breath, I can sleep happy for a month now.

wow....you must be very tired!!!
July 22nd, 2005 11:01 PM
IanBillen [quote]wgwalsh wrote:
RJ chases the summertime blues away. What a breath of fresh air. Let's keep the window open...all the way.

Oh mate Ian, how old were ya when EXILE was released ? Did Mick Taylor add anything to the band for ya ? I believe they played in your neck of the woods that year. Brian was not available at that time. Woody was tied up with the Faces.

I was just a one year old when Exile was released. Actually not even one at that point.

I did request a Stones toungue diaper however just to keep spirit....I wasn't yet big enough to fit into a concert T.
July 22nd, 2005 11:01 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Only problem with "Rough Justice" is it isn't long enough. It needs a better-developed bridge, with a longer or more elaborate guitar solo. Or here is where bringing in a guest saxophonist like, say, Joshua Redman would be a good idea. If you've heard either of the two CDs with his Elastic Band, you'll know what I mean.

I hope this version of "Rough Justice," as good as it is, is the short version since it's a single. I'd like to hear a longer version on the actual album. It's good when the Stones stretch out.
July 23rd, 2005 02:16 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
pdog wrote:

My name Jb. I live in Fla. I am stealing all promo copies of the new stones music b/c I hate the band and must rid the world of their music. I've spent the past few years trying to convince Stones fans online how much the band sucks. I am now going to the next level and destroying their music physically. Please return to playing System Of A Down, I like them alot.
Love,
Josh

Ha-HA! YES!!!
July 23rd, 2005 02:17 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
Only problem with "Rough Justice" is it isn't long enough. It needs a better-developed bridge, with a longer or more elaborate guitar solo. Or here is where bringing in a guest saxophonist like, say, Joshua Redman would be a good idea. If you've heard either of the two CDs with his Elastic Band, you'll know what I mean.

I hope this version of "Rough Justice," as good as it is, is the short version since it's a single. I'd like to hear a longer version on the actual album. It's good when the Stones stretch out.

Zulu, I love your handle and avatar! Welcome to the breakfast show!
July 23rd, 2005 05:16 AM
JaggerLips IN THE PROCESS OF DOWLOADING BOTH NOW!!!!

GOD I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

ROUGH JUSTICE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL ROCKER!
July 23rd, 2005 05:28 AM
IanBillen
Well here goes:

I guess it is safe to say Rough Justice is about rough sex with a chic?

the lyrics say it all.

Ian
July 23rd, 2005 05:56 AM
hotlicks i'm excited !!!!! rough justice-oh no not you again 20% towards a great album ----bring on the other 80%------please make rough justice the new single----it will make top 5 usa !!
July 23rd, 2005 06:08 AM
JaggerLips
quote:
scratched wrote:
Rough Justice:

I can't stop listening to it!

Some points of note!:

0.00 - A monster boogie-distort-o-riff. Is that Keith doing the Black Crowes doing Keith?

0.06 - Mmmmm...tasty bass riff!

0.10 - Charlie!

0.25 - The 'little rooster' reference.

0.30 - Chorus within the first 30 seconds (nearly). Possibly a single then?

2.40 - Is that Chuck I can hear straining to be heard over the gushing waves of soothing fuzz-tone? I thought so!

LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH, CAN'T STOP PLAYING IT!!!
IT'S ROUGH JUSTICE!!!!!!!!
July 23rd, 2005 07:57 AM
scratched I STILL can't stop playing it either.
July 23rd, 2005 08:39 AM
corgi37 I've never stopped playing with it, and i hope i never do.
July 23rd, 2005 11:52 AM
exile Fuck.....you go on holidays for a month and come back 2 new tracks!!!!!!!

Fuck thats awesome
going to listen now
July 23rd, 2005 11:57 AM
exile How FUCKING GOOD is this song

Man Im so Happy

Rough Justice is awsesome
July 24th, 2005 03:41 PM
Jeep On stonesvikings and Rockpassion it's the same downloadable version for Rough Justice.
It's a mono version that seems to fading out too early...
Please is there a nice fellow in USA (so many broadcasts of the song in this country) who can tape a stereo version and put it on the web ??
THANXXXXXX !
July 24th, 2005 04:13 PM
BILL PERKS I'VE LISTENED TO IT AT LEAST 50 X'S AND I ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN LOVE IT..EASILY THEIR BEST SONG SINCE START ME UP.
July 24th, 2005 04:30 PM
Poplar
you may be right perks.

(others: Love is Strong, YGMR, Too Tight, Thief in the Night)

July 24th, 2005 04:30 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I'VE LISTENED TO IT AT LEAST 50 X'S AND I ABSOLUTELY FUCKIN LOVE IT..EASILY THEIR BEST SONG SINCE START ME UP.

You sir are 100% absolutely correct! THIS is the type of tune I was hoping the boys had left in the tank. For the first time album-wise since I have been a Stones fan (about 20 years - I'm still a pup) they have EXCEEDED my expectations. This song flat gets yah hard where good rock and roll is meant to!!!!! It is pure Keith, with a very considerable helping hand from Ronnie, and great work as usual, by Charlie, with Mick snarling up the lyrics the best since their 70's output. Great tune. Period.

By the way, Streets of Love is not too bad either, as good as anything in their Bridges bin, and comparable to some of the better stuff on Voodoo and Steel Wheels. A nice mix of styles actually between these two. It has top 20 pop single written all over it - much more Mick style, which Mick wants a good pop hit very badly, now don't he?

Add Oh No Not You Again to the mix and we have the potential for a very very very solid album, as has been told to me for a while now by my friend at Virgin in LA. If Virgin promotes this correctly, (something they have not done since becoming the Stones label) this album could do really well.

I love the Stones and this album has be totally stoked!

Jesus on a stick Rough Justice is a great tune!

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!
July 25th, 2005 07:09 AM
padre I've been a week away from my pc and when I come back, what do I find: two brand new tracks on mp3!
But the friggin' links to Vikings and Passion won't work! I'm reading all these post about the songs, but can't hear 'em! I'm loosing my mind here, gotta hear gotta hear gotta hear!!!!HEEEEELLLLLP MEEEEEE!
July 26th, 2005 12:01 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 I have heard both songs. Rough Justice sounds like what they did in 1971 and 1972.
July 26th, 2005 01:02 AM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I'd like to hear him sing "As Tears Go By" with something approaching the directness and innocence of the original. That's probably impossible at this late date!

they're rehearsing it, if they dust it off and it goes over, I'll cream my jeans hearing it!
July 26th, 2005 09:23 AM
trevcourt
quote:
Jeep wrote:
On stonesvikings and Rockpassion it's the same downloadable version for Rough Justice.
It's a mono version that seems to fading out too early...
Please is there a nice fellow in USA (so many broadcasts of the song in this country) who can tape a stereo version and put it on the web ??

The posted mp3's are very compressed and lossy. Does anyone have a link to a shn, flac, or wav taken from radio? BitTorrent? Where are the obsessed Stoners that I rely on?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)