ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang
A Bigger Bang

Thanks to Fortylicksfanclub
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rough justice mp3 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
July 22nd, 2005 08:59 AM
Jumacfly I'm here stuck at the office while reading those threads!
I'm CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 22nd, 2005 09:00 AM
BILL PERKS ROUGH JUSTICE FUCKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 22nd, 2005 09:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ROUGH JUSTICE FUCKIN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perkie! WHERE WERE YOU?????
July 22nd, 2005 09:21 AM
Gazza after the first listen

Streets of Love - what the fuck are they THINKING if thats going to be the first single? I've no problem with a non rocker being a single, but that isnt even commercial.

Rough Justice - knew I'd like it after only the first few seconds of that 'scratchy' intro. That line about "one of your cocks" is priceless. Very good, more 'single' material and blows the shit out of any of the new songs on "40 licks". For those who havent heard it and want to know what it sounds like? It sounds like THE ROLLING STONES, babies.. When you hear that intro it COULDNT be any other band on earth. 'Nuff said!

If that song is an indication of the quality and sound of the new album, I will be one happy Gazza. a BIG thumbs-up

The single isnt due to be out for 5 weeks. PLEASE make it this one, and not "Streets of love"

[Edited by Gazza]
July 22nd, 2005 09:25 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For those who havent heard it and want to know what it sounds like? It sounds like THE ROLLING STONES, babies.. When you hear that intro it COULDNT be any other band on earth. 'Nuff said!

that's why I m boiling here Gazza!!
July 22nd, 2005 09:26 AM
Moonisup i miss a keyboard in RJ
July 22nd, 2005 09:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
i miss a keyboard in RJ

the keyboard can t be in the forest and in studio at the same time Rik (great pic anyway) !!!!
July 22nd, 2005 09:30 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
after the first listen

Streets of Love - what the fuck are they THINKING if thats going to be the first single? I've no problem with a non rocker being a single, but that isnt even commercial.

Rough Justice - knew I'd like it after only the first few seconds of that 'scratchy' intro. That line about "one of your cocks" is priceless. Very good, more 'single' material and blows the shit out of any of the new songs on "40 licks". For those who havent heard it and want to know what it sounds like? It sounds like THE ROLLING STONES, babies.. When you hear that intro it COULDNT be any other band on earth. 'Nuff said!

If that song is an indication of the quality and sound of the new album, I will be one happy Gazza. a BIG thumbs-up

The single isnt due to be out for 5 weeks. PLEASE make it this one, and not "Streets of love"

[Edited by Gazza]

Totally true Gazza, RJ is 100% Rolling Stones!
July 22nd, 2005 09:30 AM
Moonisup that should be it,
the picture was, I think, taken outside of mick's house in france, Chuck was not welcome but came anyway, and played in the woods, for the trees and birds,

rough justice for Chuck

[Edited by Moonisup]
July 22nd, 2005 09:31 AM
tumbling dice Rough justice is very good. Itīs like ``you got me rockingī`,i love to hear it live.The beggining got the same riff of`` oh no ,not you again``. Streets of love sucks itīs like ``Brand new set of rules``with better lyrics,another sad Jaggerīs song.After hear 3 new songs ,for me the best is ONNYA but Rough Justice is growning in my mind.
July 22nd, 2005 09:33 AM
stonedinaustralia gazza - don't know if i like that "rooster/cock" line as much as you -but i generally agree with your assessment - a much better choice for a single then SOL

it (RJ) certainly sounds like the stones as we know (and love)them

maybe I'M getting old but it doesn't quite kick my arse like i wish it would

still, they're even older then ME - so all things considered it ain't so bad - there is definitley the "exile" touch in there for those with the right kind of ears

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
July 22nd, 2005 09:34 AM
Gazza its like this, folks

when you're sitting in work and "Rough Justice" comes on the radio as "the new Stones single", you'll have a smug smile of satisfaction knowing that the greatest rock n roll band of all time have come back with a cracker of a single and you'll feel proud that everyone knows youre a Stones fan.

If its "Streets of Love", you'll be going to the bathroom more than usual to hide.
July 22nd, 2005 09:39 AM
stonedinaustralia yes - well put gazza

tho that "I-I-I" hook in SOL is really quite/very good - the rest of the song just let's it down
July 22nd, 2005 09:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
tumbling dice wrote:
Rough justice is very good. Itīs like ``you got me rockingī`,i love to hear it live.The beggining got the same riff of`` oh no ,not you again``. Streets of love sucks itīs like ``Brand new set of rules``with better lyrics,another sad Jaggerīs song.After hear 3 new songs ,for me the best is ONNYA but Rough Justice is growning in my mind.

YGMR was a good riff, although I never cared much for the lyrics. I think this is a far better song in every way.

the chopping rhythm guitar riff on the verses of RJ isnt unlike it, now you mention it.

Its instantly catchy on every level. I've now been playing it non stop for half an hour. I'm off work today and my wife has just phoned me. Her first words were "whats new?" - so I held the phone up to the speaker and shouted back "THIS IS!"
July 22nd, 2005 09:43 AM
Moonisup did you cum? like me?
July 22nd, 2005 09:51 AM
Taptrick

The rhyming of cars and bar was clever.

[Edited by Taptrick]
July 22nd, 2005 09:54 AM
Taptrick
But I did like RJ...fox and cocks....gotta love that. I don't mind a simple rhyme just keep it rock n' roll and funny.

July 22nd, 2005 10:01 AM
Jumping Jack Anyone in TO seeking autographs should pass on our approval that this should be the first single!!!

Might even be a great opening song, or perhaps second after HTW.
July 22nd, 2005 10:10 AM
Gazza
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
did you cum? like me?

No. But I got so 'worked up' that I had to think about Dirty Work just to not make my pleasure look so 'obvious'....
July 22nd, 2005 10:18 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No. But I got so 'worked up' that I had to think about Dirty Work just to not make my pleasure look so 'obvious'....

I am so excited, I am typing with Joey's nose hairs!

[Edited by voodoopug]
July 22nd, 2005 10:20 AM
T&A frankly wasn't that impressed with RJ on first listen - the slide solo sounds trite - much like 40 Licks' Stealing My Heart...just didn't do it for me.

And, street of love is an absolute abomination - that CAN'T be on the album - i will skip it EVERYTIME. Sounds like a weak outtake from Alfie. Horrid.

...they better have something better in store on the album than this....
July 22nd, 2005 10:22 AM
charlotte Streets Of Love-will not kick her out of the bed...
Rough Justice-she rocks off my balls...
July 22nd, 2005 10:40 AM
luxury1 I dont know bout SOL being purely MIck. When I first heard the song begin, I thought, Oh boy, Keith crooner for sure. Then I heard those god-awful trite, banal lyrics ala Alfie/Goddess, and I thought, Well, Mick's.
Does MIck have to be drunk/stoned to write something original?? WHat is up with that?? I need to get that boy wasted....
July 22nd, 2005 10:46 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

spoken like a man who's had a lot of sex

and lux - right again!! - mick needs to stop thinking so straight
July 22nd, 2005 10:58 AM
KeepRigid Rough Justice, no contest. If they were actually thinking of making She Saw Me Coming the first single, that really gives me hope for the rest of the tracks.

What's great is that it doesn't have that 'post-Steel Wheels' polished sound. The song's opening should even please Chris Robinson!

As for Streets of Love, it just doesn't fit. If they've delayed a final press release for this long, hopefully they are still open to feedback. It definitely shouldn't be the first single, and really shouldn't even make an album of 'kick ass' Stones.

Mick's vocals are really great on both, but beyond the "I-I-I" hook, there's nothing noteworthy about SOL. It doesn't benefit from the stripped down approach, since it basically sounds like there is NOTHING going on. I can't imagine any guitar mags offering a transcription for that solo, either.
[Edited by KeepRigid]
July 22nd, 2005 11:04 AM
T&A SOL - good acronym - elsewhere it stands for Shit Out of Luck - which pretty much wraps up the commentary about the song.
July 22nd, 2005 11:04 AM
LadyJane I agree SOL is pure Mick ala Goddess.

RJ....TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!!! Classic Stones....I'm so glad I played hooky from work today.

LJ.
July 22nd, 2005 11:13 AM
IanBillen
Big question mark for me:
Who is screaming back-ground vocals in Rouh Justice just behing Mick?
I don't mean the chorus part I mean during the other parts of the song.

Ian
July 22nd, 2005 11:14 AM
Moonisup well put Garry!
July 22nd, 2005 11:22 AM
Child of the Moon Rough Justice... this song... it just... it rocks!

I am nuzzling... myself!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)