ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Toronto show WILL BE broadcasted in Canada! Return to archive
07-25-03 08:02 AM
Lazy Bones Friday, July 25, 2003

Couch concert
TV, radio provide all-day coverage
By LAURA BOBAK -- Toronto Sun

TORONTO -- No tickets to the Stones?

Don't worry -- you can still catch the historic show on the boob tube or the radio.

Concert organizers have just inked a deal with MuchMoreMusic and CBC for the broadcast rights to the Molson Canadian Rocks for Toronto concert, which is expected to draw more than 400,000 people to Downsview Park next week.

MuchMoreMusic vice-president and general manager David Kines said the channel will have comprehensive non-stop coverage of the concert starting at noon Wednesday, when the show kicks off.

"It's wall-to-wall event-related coverage," Kines said yesterday, noting the channel will have unparalleled access to the site and artists.

The music channel will do live updates throughout the day, including highlights from performances and backstage profiles.

At 9 p.m. there'll be more concert footage with at least one to two songs from each artist.

MuchMoreMusic, a sister station of MuchMusic, has a similar format but is aimed at an older audience demographic.

"All our staff are ready to get on site and begin work on this historic Canadian broadcast event," Kines said.

Radio stations across the country will be able to pick up special coverage designed just for radio from Sound Source, which will be producing and distributing the show.

Ralph Benmergui will host CBC Television's coverage, and Brent Bambury will host coverage by CBC Radio One. Both, along with the French-language Radio Canada, will beam the show to viewers and listeners in a two-hour special starting at 9 p.m.

Highlights throughout the day will also appear on CBC Newsworld and RDI.

"This is terrific news for Canadians across the country," said Slawko Klymkiw, executive director of network programming for CBC Television. "We are very pleased to be able to take part ... and to bring this event to viewers and listeners from coast to coast to coast."

Concert organizers are also producing a one- to two-hour version of the show to distribute internationally.
07-25-03 08:52 AM
gimmekeef The coverage seems like it will all be delayed with more backstage stuff than actual music.I was hoping for live feeds but my guess is they'll switch to the Stones live at about 10:45 for the finale.Better than nothing I guess but if they wanted publicity for Toronto they could have shown this thing live for free on the USA Satellite providers and Europe too.I mean it's a Wednesday in the summer when most stations are running re-runs for shit sakes!
07-25-03 08:54 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Lazybones, please check the radio stations to broadcast the show, surely they have web signal so everybody outside Canada will be able to listen (without the SARS risk LOLOLOL)
07-25-03 09:17 AM
dob99 The CBC.ca Internet site says that there will be a 2 hour special on Wednesday, July 30, 2003, from 9:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M., Esatern time. As you know, CBC stands for "Canadian Broadcasting Corp." and it is a public T.V. channel. It is free in Canada.

I hope that the largest part of the show will be the Stones...
07-25-03 09:20 AM
dob99 Pour ceux qui sont francophones au Canada, SRC présente elle aussi le spectacle des Stones le 30 juillet à 21h00., heure de l'est.
07-25-03 10:22 AM
Lazy Bones CBC to broadcast Stones concert
Last Updated Fri, 25 Jul 2003 7:07:53

TORONTO - Canadians across the country will be able to tune into Wednesday's huge SARS benefit concert from Toronto, headlined by the Rolling Stones.

CBC Television, CBC Radio One and Radio-Canada will present "Toronto Rocks," a live broadcast from the event from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET.

CBC Newsworld and RDI will broadcast from the event throughout the day.

MuchMoreMusic has also announced it will broadcast parts of the concert.

Headlined by the veteran rockers, the concert also includes Justin Timberlake, AC/DC, Rush, the Guess Who, Blue Rodeo, the Tea Party and Sam Roberts.

More than 400,000 are expected to attend.

Here's a program search link. (programing not available yet!)

http://cbc.ca/cgi-bin/insite/BrowseDir.cgi?Program=&Month=7&Day=30&Year=2003
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
07-25-03 10:26 AM
Lazy Bones MuchMoreMusic (tv) will be hosting an 11-hour program. They also have a link on the site below where you can listen to "Rolling Stones and Friends Radio". You need to, however, sign up as a member.

http://www.muchmoremusic.com/torontorocks/

MuchMoreMusic Delivers The Rolling Stones & Special Guests
Wed. July 30 - An 11-Hour National Broadcast

Performance Highlights, Backstage Interviews & Features
Noon - 9pm ET

LIVE Concert Special Featuring… Rolling Stones
9pm - 11pm ET

You wanted it and we've got it - all the stars, all the rock and all the fanfare of the hottest concert in Canadian history - Molson Canadian Rocks For Toronto!

Starting at noon ET on Wednesday, July 30th, “Toronto Rocks" On MuchMoreMusic correspondents Bill Welychka, Karina Huber and Richard Cazeau will bring you exclusive LIVE updates, performance highlights and backstage profiles direct from Downsview Park where nearly half a million people will show their support for the City of Toronto and enjoy a world-class musical bill.

And what a bill it is! The world's greatest rock and roll band, Rolling Stones, headlines a show featuring a who's who of modern music, including AC/DC, Rush, The Guess Who, Justin Timberlake, Blue Rodeo, The Tea Party, Sam Roberts, The Flaming Lips, Kathleen Edwards, The Isley Brothers, Sass Jordan with a special guest appearance by Jeff Healey, La Chicane, Belushi-Aykroyd & The Have Love Will Travel Revue, hosted by Dan Aykroyd.

We're ready to bring it to you, but are you ready to take it all in? Strap yourself in, because "Toronto Rocks" On MuchMoreMusic is set to rock you LIVE on Wednesday, July 30th starting at noon ET!

[Edited by Lazy Bones]
07-25-03 01:15 PM
tumbling_dice Since I will be at the concert that day, I wonder if it will be replayed on the weekend or something? Does anyone know? I know MMM likes to repeat shows many times, I hope they repeat this one. :-D 5 more days
07-25-03 02:51 PM
Dan Is there anyone who can run a digital satellite, cable box or reciever or whatever directly into a DAT recorder? I know CDRs and DVDRs will be circulating but would love a DAT recording.
Same goes for the Amsterdam show.
07-25-03 03:52 PM
mac_daddy what Dan said.
07-25-03 04:38 PM
jb I really hope they don't bomb ...something seems to bring the worst out of them at these "big" gigs.
07-25-03 05:58 PM
Joey " I really hope they don't bomb ...something seems to bring the worst out of them at these "big" gigs. "

Nah , not this time -- Why ??????????????????????????????? Because it is the " BEST STONES YET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

I believe Mick and Keith have been taking lessons from THE WHO regarding these big events and are determined to Showcase the band for a massive worldwide audience .

" Bite the Crap out of me Ronnie "

Joesy !