ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keiths Rainstick Return to archive
07-23-03 04:06 PM
steel driving hammer New video on RS.com, he talks about the mystical powers his rainstick has before a show.

Looks like this was filmed in France, not Sweden.

Classic Keith though.

07-24-03 06:04 AM
stonedinaustralia steelie, my antiquated old shit box of a computer doesn't have sound - (the sound card is AFU) - and i can't afford to access at work - what's the gist of this "rainstick" business

thanks man

SIA
07-24-03 08:21 AM
prism Keith: "On the last tour I carried this sort of staff."

Keith says the crew came to think of him as someone who can clear up the weather. "It's funny how superstitious some people can be. When the weather was dodgy I pointed it up at the sky."

Then last year in Rhode Island Keith found an ax handle that washed up on the beach. He wrapped kelp and a bit of old tiger skin around it, and that's what he's using for a rain stick on the Licks Tour. "I draw figure eights in the sky. I draw signs in the sand. I can't give away all the secrets."
07-24-03 09:56 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks prism

now i get the picture
07-24-03 12:16 PM
Talya Peachfeather Well, he does better with his than I do with my rainmakers which have fabulous new age sounds!!!! LOL!!!!! Maybe Keith could make music AND bring a bit of rain when it's needed - on second thoughts maybe he should wait until AFTER the Stones play in the U.K.!!! LOL!!!!
07-24-03 12:34 PM
jb Maybe he could point it at his fingers and guitar and start playing like the Keith of old........
07-24-03 05:51 PM
steel driving hammer Just when Keiths video of his Rainstick to drive away the rain appears on RS.com what happens, it rains durring the following show in Hamburg!