ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: cirkus setlist anybody?? Return to archive
07-22-03 06:10 PM
hotlicks Has anybody got the cirkus setlist yet? Hurry up gazza i want to get my beauty sleep!
07-22-03 06:24 PM
Gazza You need a lot of it!!

Was hoping handoffate would have phoned or texted me with this or the other Stockholm shows but he doesnt seem to have come through with it!
07-22-03 06:27 PM
sandrew From Onehit over at Shidoobee:

start me up
live with me
neighbours
hand of fate
no expectations
worried about you
heartbreaker
its only r and r
stray cat blues
aint to proud to beg
everbody needs somebody
thats how strong my love
going to a go go
nearness of you
happy
cant turn you loose
htw
tumblin dice
brown suger
jjflash or sympathy

sympathy was played

3rd time in 35 years no jjf

awesome show
07-22-03 06:27 PM
Gazza unconfirmed from GeorgV on IORR tell me board(running order not exact and it may be incomplete - will post it when available)

Start Me Up
Neighbours
No Expectations
Ain't To Proud To Beg
Worried About You
Going To A GoGo
Everybody Needs Somebody
That's How Strong My Love Is
Can't Turn You Loose
IORR
Stray Cat Blues
Live With Me
Happy
Nearness Of You
Honky Tonk
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy
07-22-03 06:30 PM
Gazza >jjflash or sympathy
>sympathy was played

eh? isnt he contradicting himself? LOL
07-22-03 06:38 PM
onehit that is the offical set list

song 20 JJflash or Sympathy

and no im not contraticting myself buddy

they restarted sympathy with no bongo crap either all guitars

07-22-03 06:38 PM
onehit that is the offical set list

song 20 JJflash or Sympathy

they restarted sympathy with no bongo crap either all guitars

07-22-03 06:47 PM
hotlicks Is "contradicting myself buddy" a new song??
07-22-03 07:05 PM
Mikey IMO, I'm sure it was a great show, but the setlist is weak. Out of 20 songs performed, five aren't even their own. Out of their 400+ published songs, they couldn't select anything else?

I'm sure some are going to rebuke me, claiming how great KR doing "nearness of you" is, but come on. That fact, plus the 5 or 6 warhorses. I mean, don't they get tired of doing the same stuff?
07-22-03 07:14 PM
Angiegirl Well Mikey, have you heared them doing That's how strong my love is in a club, ever? It doesn't matter it's not a Jagger-Richards tune, it's the best ever club song! Mick is sooo fantastic on it. It brought tears to my eyes.

As far as that all clubs get almost the same setlist, that's true. But I can understand they can't rehearse 10 gems one time to be played once, and another 10 gems again for the next club a few weeks later. I mean, let them get Hand of Fate sorted out first! A club is the best experience ever, the only venue to see the Stones at really. But you get similar setlists when you just visit the 5 clubs in Europe, like many of my friends are doing. No stadiums or arenas, only the clubs, and maybe Dublin too. But I would do that too in a heartbeat. Even if I only get 4 different songs not played in every club. Although I would have loved to hear Ain't too proud to beg. Hope they'll do that in Vredenburg, my last club chance. Also hope they drop the awful Everybody needs somebody. We all have our preferences right.

I'm with you on the warhorses tho. But then again, they seem to belong there. The static energy of the crowd in Olympia surprised me too at the end, during the classics. You find yourself singing along again.
[Edited by Angiegirl]
07-23-03 03:35 PM
Gazza >song 20 JJflash or Sympathy

I'm not your 'buddy' and I think youre misinterpreting what I said in my post. The post said "JJ Flash OR Sympathy" and then followed it with "Sympathy was played" which implies that you werent sure which of the two songs WERE played before following the remark by saying they DID play "Sympathy".

Hence the apparent contradiction! Only now having read the post in the 'stickied' thread above does it register that the initial setlist was posted before the show ended (via a printed setlist) and the band themselves werent sure which of the 2 songs were going to be played

thanks for posting the setlist and for clarifying
[Edited by Gazza]
07-23-03 04:03 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
it's the best ever club song! Mick is sooo fantastic on it. It brought tears to my eyes.

Honey it brought tears to my eyes while listening to it in my living room - Krone and Buddakon. I could only imagine just being there watching him. Can You Hear The Music? OH YEAH!!
07-23-03 05:13 PM
quackenbush Maybe the Stones are playing the same set at the clubs because they are taping the shows for an upcoming live dvd or cd release.

Or they could be getting lazy, but I doubt it. Even if they are--How often have you heard Keith sing "The Nearness of You" live?
07-23-03 05:38 PM
Joey Honey it brought tears to my eyes while listening to it in my living room - Krone and Buddakon. I could only imagine just being there watching him. Can You Hear The Music? OH YEAH!!

Oh Yeah , my Baby Steelie ...............Oh Yeah :

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/D/htmlD/dallas/dallas.htm

Jacky !