ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Globe Arena, Stockholm - July 20 - setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
07-20-03 07:58 PM
Angiegirl From IORR:

01. Street Fighting Man
02. If You Can't Rock Me
03. You Got Me Rocking
04. Don't Stop
05. Monkey Man
06. Miss You
07. Sweet Virginia
08. Loving Cup
09. Rocks Off
10. Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
11. Thru And Thru (Keith)
12. Before They Make Me Run (Keith)
13. Start Me Up
14. Honky Tonk Women
15. Can't You Hear Me Knocking
16. Jumping Jack Flash
17. When The Whip Comes Down
18. It's Only Rock'n Roll
19. Brown Sugar
20. Satisfaction (Encore)

Wow, what a great list! and 20 songs again. Love the new stuff in it (except Miss You, hope they won't make a habit out of that one, lol)!! Whoooo Ahoy!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
07-20-03 08:08 PM
Gazza Confirmed setlist and running order from IORR:

Street Fighting Man
If You Can't Rock Me
You Got Me Rocking
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
Miss You
Sweet Virginia
Loving Cup
Rocks Off
Tumbling Dice
Thru And Thru
Before They Make Me Run
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Women
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Jumping Jack Flash
When The Whip Comes Down
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Brown Sugar
Satisfaction (Encore)
07-20-03 08:09 PM
hotlicks THAT's more like it-great set list!
07-20-03 08:18 PM
Gazza Denis - go to bed!
07-20-03 08:23 PM
Angiegirl Lol, yeah, me too actually. Stayed up for the setlist Gary? haha.
07-20-03 09:00 PM
LadyJane From IORR:

Just like in Brisbane 2nd show earlier this year in Australia, Keith picked "If You Got Me Rocking" when the set list and the rest of the band was ready for "You Got Me Rocking". Ronnie missed his guitar for that song, got his pedal, and then the right guitar in a hurry. But "You Got Me Rocking" was next, so we got both, and nobody cared about the order, except Ronnie got a busy moment changing guitars...

Mick said they would do an album theme, but he wasn't sure what album it was; may be "Let It Bleed"? No, it was "Exile On Main Street". And he did already have the guitar and harmonica ready for Sweet Virginia. But Chuck rushed into the song before Mick was ready. "Hold on, Chuck", Mick shouted. Chuck just kept on with his intro. "Hold on, Hold on Chuck", Mick said, stopped the song, got his harmonica sorted out, they did a new start, and we got the greatest opening of "Sweet Virginia" featuring Mick on harmonica.

These are all minor still funny technicalities. It was a great show with many new songs compared to the stadium show two nights ago, some say the best in a long, long while.

And by the way, again, there were these real big cameras in the back of the venue, three of them, plus many other smaller ones. Again, this was recorded for the soon to be finished DVD.

First Mick fails to introduce him. Now Mick yells to him to "Hold on. Hold on Chuck." By September, I bet Keith throws him off the stage. PHYSICALLY!!!

Love the Exile theme. Sweet Virginia is one of my all time favorites.

Wonder what gems they'll get Tuesday night at Cirkus?

LadyJ.
07-20-03 09:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
First Mick fails to introduce him. Now Mick yells to him to "Hold on. Hold on Chuck." By September, I bet Keith throws him off the stage. PHYSICALLY!!!

Who, Chuck or Mick??
07-20-03 09:57 PM
steel driving hammer I understand Mick is playing Harmonica for Miss You instead of Guitar?

Good setlist!
07-20-03 10:03 PM
Angiegirl I thought he did harmonica in Paris indeed, but can't remember exactly, as we were standing in the FOS section and Miss You was done on the B-stage.
07-20-03 10:46 PM
steel driving hammer What are you doing up so late over there Angiegirl?

I'd be happy to tuck you in the covers and keep you safe and sure.

I'll hang on to you tonight, and stay close to you all day...
07-21-03 02:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
07-21-03 07:18 AM
marko this is the way to go!all we need is rambler,but you got it
at the stadium.
07-21-03 08:16 AM
montana

[Edited by montana]
07-21-03 08:19 AM
montana
07-21-03 12:55 PM
steel driving hammer I'm dying to hear this new harmonica version of Miss You.

Blow it Mick!!
07-21-03 07:58 PM
corgi37 No doubt about it, that is one killer set-list. I wonder how Loving Cup sounds. I have recently fell head over heels with that song. I managed to download a film clip for it, and a early demo (title Beggars Breakfast), and i just cant stop humming the tune. Though, I must say i'd like to see hear Shine a light thrown into that Exile set. God, February seem so long ago now. I do believe i might cry.
07-22-03 02:06 AM
marko Corgi,did you know that they did shine a light on voodoo
lounge tour 1995,at the stadiums!!!!!!!
07-22-03 12:04 PM
steel driving hammer
07-22-03 04:55 PM
dealer squealing I went to both the stadium show and Globen.
I met Chuck at the Grand hotel on the day they arrived(thursday) and got his autograph and talked a little with him. I asked him if they had decided what album theme they were going to play at Globen, he said "what would you like?" i answered "Exile" then he said "you got it!" and smiled to me, i was confused with that great answear and said " thanks man but do you decide the set list?" he said" yah with Keith and Mick"......
As you all know by now i got what i asked for, Exile and my favorite tracks from it
This was my 8th Stones show since 1990 and before the Globen show the first one in Gothenburg 1990 was the best, BUT the Globen show is the best show i´ve seen EVER
And talking about Keith recently.. he is soo good that my tears began to run after few minutes. The setlist was great the sound awesome and all the boys in great form. Keith was also great at the stadium but Ronnie seemed not sober to me but at Globen he was wery good.
This is one of the best Stones concert ever and just listen to it when you can get a hold of it.