ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's your take on Ronnie's statement tonight Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-18-03 09:24 PM
throbby Check out Dean Goodman's review of tonight's show on IORR.
07-18-03 09:45 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy My guess is it was relating to not being on time for his guitar switch for "Midnight Rambler", and was referring to the fact that the both of them (Keith and Ronnie) have had "bumps in the road" this tour.

Nothing to do with the alcohol, I think. But the fact that he had the audacity to say that to the crowd... ohhh boy, my guess is you'll see the boy playin' with a black eye at the Globen.

The pair of them have fought onstage during this tour several occasions, but this most recent one seems to be the most publicized. Ronnie's had a bad couple of shows this European tour. So has Keith, and on the nights where they *both* really miss it, the band sounds *terrible*.

I don't think it's any reference to being "off the wagon" or anything.

Fuck. This ain't any good. But these two have fought before, quite frequently... We'll see what happens at the Globen.

-tSYX --- The dogs will lose their bark...
07-18-03 09:45 PM
nankerphelge You gotta wonder.

To read it, it doesn't sound so terrible, but why would Keith react that way if there wasn't more to the story?

Hope Ronnie is keeping it all together.
Second guitar to Keith is by definition an occupational hazard!
07-18-03 09:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You gotta wonder.

To read it, it doesn't sound so terrible, but why would Keith react that way if there wasn't more to the story?

Well, maybe it's because he wasn't too keen on Ronnie using the audience as a place to vent frustration. I know if anyone in my band did that, I'd've hauled off and socked 'em then and there.

-tSYX --- I don't believe you... you're a liar... play fuckin' loud!
07-18-03 09:58 PM
nankerphelge Who knows -- wish the two of them would get it together tho! I'm tired of hearing about this crap. We didn't force a tour on them -- they chose to do it. Mick and Charlie aren't mailing it in -- time for the guitar section to get their shit in a pile!!
07-18-03 10:02 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
I don't think it's any reference to being "off the wagon" or anything.

My guess too. Must be about the MR guitar problem. But we never know. And indeed it seems strange that Ronnie would say anything about it to the crowd after TD and band intros. Maybe half the audience didn't even see that Ronnie was without his guitar on MR. Talking about it makes people realise something they just totally missed before right? Must indeed be more to the story reading about Keith's reactions.

But ahhh, we know them, these things get hot for a minute and then it's gone hopefully. Certainly keeps it exciting like a soap opera for us, hehehe!
07-18-03 10:12 PM
mac_daddy what was "the Osaka Incident?"
07-18-03 10:16 PM
throbby From the review of the show on IORR, Chuck started the count into a song before Keith was ready. Keith was a little annoyed to say the least.
07-18-03 10:54 PM
steel driving hammer It was just one review from a fan who took it the wrong way.

It just makes a good conversation piece, thats all it is, 99.

Trust me.

Now lets talk about Kobe Bryant.

OJ Bryant?

Kobe Simpson?
07-18-03 11:22 PM
littleredrooster A perfect opportunity to dump CHUCKY L !
Get the GUITARS rule the world!

Steelie Oh, those avatars!!!
Where do you find 'EM!

Your destined to be the winner of the 2003 RO Avatar of the day award!
07-18-03 11:25 PM
Soul Survivor my avatar represents what is perhaps the greatest movie ever made

(aside from Gimme Shelter of course)
07-19-03 12:46 AM
Maxlugar I think we can all agree that it is long, LONG!, overdue for one Mick Taylor to be asked to rejoin the band and lend some legitimacy to this bands live performances.

Also, I'm sick of Chuck Leavell counting down the songs.

I'm sick of "The Rolling Stones , as interpreted by Chuck Leavell".

Or "The Rolling Stones, presented by Chuck Leavell".

Am I even spelling his name right?

Isn't his usefullness long past?

I don't know.

Maybe I'll have another shot of Makers Mark and finsih Ann Coulters Treason in bed.

MAXY!!!
07-19-03 01:00 AM
Sir Stonesalot Chuck is a twat.

Just like his brother, Bono.

Bono is a twat, you know.
07-19-03 02:11 AM
Moonisup
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
A perfect opportunity to dump CHUCKY L !

OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOO!!!
07-19-03 05:42 AM
throbby SS!, Well said on Bono. What is he thinking with the sunglasses look? He looked quite bizzare in the photo with Bill Clinton wearing his pale blue designer specs.
07-19-03 09:16 AM
LadyJane With all of this talk about Ronnie and Keith....we have failed to mention a "highlight" of the entire tour.

MICK FORGOT TO INTRODUCE CHUCK!!!!

I'm surprised he didn't mount the piano and have a tantrum!!

LOL

LadyJ.
07-19-03 09:30 AM
mattb This is so overblown I'm shocked anyone is even writing about it.
07-19-03 09:34 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
mattb wrote:
This is so overblown I'm shocked anyone is even writing about it.

I think the tour will be cancelled now because of this.

LOL.
07-20-03 04:30 PM
Joey " I don't know.

Maybe I'll have another shot of Makers Mark and finsih Ann Coulters Treason in bed. "

Well ........................it looks like another night again of you " not getting any !!!!! " I really feel kinda sorry for your "little man " --- He's probably lying there between your legs saying , " What the fuck did I do to deserve THIS ???????? Shit , I might as well be living in Nebraska . "

Speaking of which , why don't you come on over tonight and perhaps you and I could go on a Beaver hunt and chase a little cotton underwear . I know this little eighteen year old Bimbette who is just PERFECT for you and she is ALMOST a virgin .

" Lite snack be good -- Sharking way up Ronnie "

************** Joey now winking with his right eye , has a smarmy look on his face and is giving the " Thumbs Up " sign to Max ***********************

{{{{{ JOEY GEKKO }}}}}

07-20-03 06:13 PM
steel driving hammer Joey I'm throwing on two (over night marinated w/ Extra Virgin Pete Townshend olive oil, green onion, crushed garlic cloved, paprika, salt, pepper and 750ml Cabernet from Gallo) Porters on the grill for myself. I have no one to share them with tonight.

Can you smell the love?
07-21-03 09:22 AM
Joey " Can you smell the love? "

My Baby Steelie ......................

You are much loved by the Joey
07-21-03 11:22 AM
Jumacfly good appetite Steelie!! smells very good..don t worry for Chuck guys, he ll be back in finland for Christmas, millions of children needs him!!
07-21-03 11:47 AM
jb I am concerned about Gazza..just read a post on iorr and he allegedly suggests not only is the e-street band the best band, but Springsteen is #1 live performer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!):
Gazza..please admit or deny the above as someone may be posting theis blasphemy under your moniker!!!!!!!!):
[Edited by jb]
07-21-03 12:07 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy And just as quickly as it began, Bjornulf to the rescue!

From iorr.org:

"It just had to come out. He had to tell us. As the papers say today (see links below), Ronnie's car bumped into another car on their way from the hotel to the show last night. In fact they were trying to get away from the big crowd, estimated to around 400 people, which is way too much for normal security. Is there no back door? And if you ever have had an incident like that, you want to tell your friends, of course. And Ronnie had 30,000 friends at the stadium, plus the microphone was there, so what is more natural than just telling everybody about "the bump in the road"? Well, except he forgot to tell Keith, who try to concentrate on his own set, that this had to come out right then. And according to the press, Keith had another somilar "bump in the road" on his way back after the show. May be they will do something about the limo service - we don't want any more "bumps in the roads"! "
07-21-03 12:25 PM
Joey " not only is the e-street band is the best band, but Springsteen is #1 live performer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Shiver ..................................

At the very least he could have said , " The Who " .

I am now quite visibly shaken to the core -- so much so that I think I am bleeding inside ....better go to the bathroom and check . Wait , come to think of it , I STILL have not had me morning Sh## yet -- NO WONDER !!!!

Developing .............................

Literally ..............................

JACKY !
07-21-03 07:06 PM
sandrew I think Bruce is where the Stones were about 8 years ago; that's at least partly because he's about 8 years younger than the Stones.

Going back exactly 8 years: I have "Stipped Companion" in my car right now, and there's no way the E Street Band, much as I love them, tops the Stones even in that period, let alone in their '69-81 prime.

"All Down the Line," "Gimme Shelter," "Tumbling Dice," "Rip This Joint," "Black Limousine," etc. -- that coulda been the best live Stones album ever if it were officially released.

If we could have that Ronnie back -- the Ronnie that wasn't as good as the Ronnie of '75-89, but much better than the one we have now -- if we could have him back, things might be a little different on this tour.

Which isn't to say this outing has been a disaster -- far from it -- but I think the Ronnie problem has taken the bite out of this tour, and I think it might account for some of Keith's failings.

I get the sense from listening to bootlegs that Keith is trying to cover for for two guys when he's barely sober enough to cover himself. How many times have you heard him sneak in lead lines at the tail end of one of Ronnie's flailing solos? He's not stepping on Ronnie; he's trying to rescue him.

For all we know, the Ronnie Problem -- does it merit a capital P? -- is taking its toll interpersonally, too, which only makes things worse. Methinks the Stones are gonna coast their way to Sept. 15 as smoothly and as wrinkle-free as possible, and then there's gonna be some serious soul-searching re Mr. Wood.

Honestly, as much as it pains me to say it, I don't think they should go back on the road in '05 or whenever without a lead guitar.
07-21-03 08:15 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
" I don't know.

Maybe I'll have another shot of Makers Mark and finsih Ann Coulters Treason in bed. "

Well ........................it looks like another night again of you " not getting any !!!!! " I really feel kinda sorry for your "little man " --- He's probably lying there between your legs saying , " What the fuck did I do to deserve THIS ???????? Shit , I might as well be living in Nebraska . "

No my almost virgin pal, quite the opposite!

Mr and Mrs. Maxy have been trying for the newest Maxlette this month (Dr. has given us the go ahead). Poor lil' Maxy has been put through his paces this month for sure. The little fella looks like a hotdog shaped piece of chopped meat. I've been pouring Makers Mark on it to "take away the burn". Maxy has been given full clearance to do the "humpty hump" and it feels great. I LOVE PUSSY!

"Sex is great with another person, Ronnie!!!"
07-22-03 01:51 AM
gypsy I can't believe you guys are already trying for another one. I will say a little prayer for you two.
But since when did you start liking pussy? Cuz in Nebraska, you were all about the cock...according to Joey. Oh, is that supposed to be a secret? Oops. I'm sorry.
07-22-03 07:46 AM
Maxlugar Thanks for the nice words Gypsy. I love my little baby. I need more. We need to have three in a row real fast so I can get my lawyer wife back out in the job market.

This way, Maxy can retire while he's still young a "full of vinegar!"

More posting time I figure.

MAXXXY!
07-22-03 07:57 AM
stonedinaustralia well max, that explains the noticeable decline in the frequency of your posting of late

good luck with the baby making
Page: 1 2