ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Fan Club" Licks SBD CD Return to archive
07-16-03 07:40 PM
mac_daddy has anyboy heard of this?
are the tracks ACTUALLY sourced from soundboards (or from well done AUDs)?
what "fan club," and what do they have to do with this disc?
is there any artwork to be had?

a trading buddy told me he is sending a copy to me tomorrow, and I am curious as to what it is all about...

thanks for any info or insight

here is the track listing:

1. Don't Stop (9-3-02, Fleet Center, Boston)
2. Street Fighting Man (9-3-02)
3. Tumbling Dice (excerpt 9-3-02)
4. Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (excerpt: 9-8-02, Orpheum
Theater, Boston)
5. Can't You Hear Me Knocking (9-30-02, Roseland Ballroom, NYC)
6. Angie (10-26-02, Turner Field, Atlanta GA)
7. Thru and Thru (11-12-02, Oakland Arena, Oakland, CA)
8. Dead Flowers (11-30-02, MGM Grand, Las Vegas)
9. Monkey Man (1-8-03, Molson Center, Montreal)
10. Live With Me (1-21-03, United Center, Chicago)
11. Rock Me Baby (2-18-03, Enmore Theater, Sydney, Australia with
AC/DC)
12. Tumbling Dice (3-10-03, Budokan hall, Tokyo, Japan)
13. When the Whip Comes Down (3-16-03, Tokyo Dome, Tokyo)
14. You Can't Always Get What You Want (3-24-03, Singapore Stadium,
Singapore)
15. Miss You (4-4-03, Palace Grounds, Bangalore, India)
07-16-03 07:44 PM
mac_daddy I almost forgot - is there enough interest in this for me to permavine it? I would be happy to burn a copy that could be passed around (and copied by) the group...
07-16-03 08:21 PM
Gimme Looks like a nice CD and I'm interested in it. Do you mean by send a copy to make a copy that you send a copy to the people who are interrested and that they make a copy for there selfs and send the cd to the next person (Tree-like).

Rob
07-16-03 08:28 PM
steel driving hammer It's too good to be true....................................
07-16-03 08:30 PM
steel driving hammer Thinking about it, I searched the RS.com site today more than I ever have, and didn't see any mention about it.

Quite odd though, the more you search that site, the better it is.

Like a DVD that has alot of extra hidden features...
07-16-03 10:09 PM
mac_daddy I mean I burn a seed disc, and send it to the first person on the list. When that person receives the disc, he/she copies the disc, and then sends the original (the one I burned) on to the next person on the list...

these are audio CDs that play in any standalone/consumer player, so conceivably you could make a cassette copy - all I care about is that the disc I burned is the one that travels on downl the line...

this is the same way all of the ones I will do for this group will work - "acetates/it's only goat's head soup..." is going now...
07-16-03 10:12 PM
mac_daddy sign-up by copying this list, adding your name to the bottom, and replying in this thread...

0. macdaddy
1. Gimme
2. steel driving hammer
07-16-03 10:17 PM
JumpinJackFlash 0. macdaddy
1. Gimme
2. steel driving hammer
3. JumpinJackFlash...CDN
07-16-03 10:27 PM
Sir Stonesalot Are these complete songs? Are they MP3?

The only problem I have with vines is that they take forever. If you are 5th or lower on the list...it's gonna take at least a month for the disc to get to you. And then you better hope the people in front of you took care of the original disc. I was on a vine once and it was 6 months till the discs finally got to me. I had forgotten all about the thing. Then the discs show up....and they were so fucked up I couldn't get them to copy. I emailed the guy who started the vine, and he said..."tough shit, get it from someone else on the vine." By that time, I really didn't care anymore, and just sent the package to the next guy on the list. I emailed him, and told him I couldn't get the discs to copy. To this day, I still haven't ended up getting that show(It was a Neil Young show).

Can't we just trade for it?
07-16-03 10:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Sounds like someone just recorded the audio from all the videos on the site and put it on a CD. Which is nice. But I could do it, too, if I had the time and/or work ethic.

-tSYX --- Well ya bit my lip...
07-16-03 10:46 PM
mac_daddy I know they are NOT mp3 sourced...

as far as the sh*tty copies, sir, that is why I insist that the discs I burn get passed along. You keep your own copy, and send the original to the next in line...

I didn't know there were videos - do these tracks correspond directly (timings, etc.)? I certainly hope not...

nothing I can do about the time thing. signing up is free, when the discs come, they come. hopefully none in the chain kill the vine, but I seem to see all of the same names around here, so I suspect that shouldn't be a problem...

like I said, I am due to receive this shortly - when I get it, I will send it to gimme (who can simply send me his snail mail address via PM)...

As far as trades go, I am always open for one, provided you have something that I want - I especially would like DAO copies of original silvers (oh and sirstones, you might want to check out my white stripes stuff, too)...
07-16-03 10:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot No, you misunderstand me.

The discs that were being passed on were damaged from so much handling. There were so many scratches and scuffs that I couldn't even get them fixed with my Disc Dr.

The people at the top of the list got decent discs to work with, but those of us on the bottom of the list got damaged goods.
07-16-03 11:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot Have you thought about doing this as a weed m_d?

I've done a couple of weeds here for single disc things, and it worked pretty well. It spreads the disc a lot faster.
07-16-03 11:07 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I couldn't even get them fixed with my Disc Dr.

Calling Dr. Love, LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!

Did you get my email about me sending you some Rock and Roll that will Knock the Shit right off yer Shoes?

Trust me, you've never heard this before.

I'm offering you a free boot of my taste, please don't say publically you refuse now...
07-16-03 11:11 PM
Sir Stonesalot It is not a boot. It is a compilation, a mix disc, a drive time CD...whatever. It's not a bootleg.

You can send it...I can't stop you.

But I'll bet you that I've heard of almost anyone you put on it.
07-16-03 11:17 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks, SS, I'm listening to it right now.

Got so drunk last night just thinking of you putting this together.

It starts off w/ 4 slow grooves.

You'll like it. Thanks for accepting it.

You'll dig it my brother. My Philly Brotherly love brother.
07-16-03 11:21 PM
steel driving hammer Actually SS, it's mostly Open G 'Loose' type Rock and Roll that you wont know much about.

Let me introduce it to you...
07-16-03 11:26 PM
steel driving hammer The kind of shit that'l give you goose bumps...
07-17-03 04:07 AM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I didn't know there were videos - do these tracks correspond directly (timings, etc.)? I certainly hope not...

As far as trades go, I am always open for one, provided you have something that I want - I especially would like DAO copies of original silvers (oh and sirstones, you might want to check out my white stripes stuff, too)...

mac_daddy !!

Yes, this is a bootleg that was sourced from the RS website "fanclub" videos. It also looks like that at least one of the tracks was sourced from the newscast satellite feed that they broadcast to the local TV newscasts for each show.

You live in So. Cal correct ? I live above you in NorCal. I'm seeing The White Stripes at The Greek in Berkeley in Sept. I would be interested in seeing your trade list. Contact me via PM.

Later, Cardinal Fang
07-17-03 09:15 AM
mac_daddy sir - I did misunderstand you - I had no idea viners would use the seed discs as hockey pucks...

like I said, I have not heard this yet. I hope the audio is NOT sourced from video, as that is not the best possible quality, but if that is what it is, I can't do anything about it. I just need Gimme's addy (PM me please), and I will start this thing when it arrives...

Cardinal Fang, my lists are accessible from the link in my sig...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
07-17-03 09:55 AM
albert 0. macdaddy
1. Gimme
2. steel driving hammer
3. JumpinJackFlash...CDN
4. albert

07-17-03 10:28 AM
T&A The Fan Club CD is good - as good as the sound from rs.com, which was pretty bad on some of the early songs (SFM, DS) where Jagger's vocal is way too prominent. Best tunes are Live with Me (Keith rocks big-time here), Whip (bass too high, though) and the Enmore Rock Me with Angus and Malcolm...still the highlight of the tour for this ol' fan. Definitely recommnded listening.
07-17-03 11:07 AM
partner in crime hi stones fellas,
pls add me to the list.
ciao
marco

[email protected]
07-17-03 03:23 PM
mac_daddy T&A - I am sorry to hear you say that some of the tunes don't sound so good, but am encouraged to see you state the disc is "definitely recommended listening." Thanks for the info...
_____

to sign up, copy the list, and add your RocksOff nickname at the bottom...

0. macdaddy (waiting on discs)
1. Gimme
2. steel driving hammer
3. JumpinJackFlash...CDN
4. albert
5. partner in crime
07-17-03 03:42 PM
T&A MacDaddy:

if you've ever listened to the audio on rs.com, you'll know what I mean. That's basically what the bootlegger had to work with. Luckily, there are enough good sound-quality (where the mix is right) songs there to make it worth seeking out. But, the stinkers are plentiful, too. I swear to God I could take my very limited skills and do 10x the job of the guy who did the mixing of these songs...what an atrocity!
07-20-03 06:01 AM
Jacques 0. macdaddy (waiting on discs)
1. Gimme
2. steel driving hammer
3. JumpinJackFlash...CDN
4. albert
5. partner in crime
6. Jacques
07-20-03 09:16 AM
Lazy Bones What's most exciting about this compilation (aside from macdaddy's generousity to vine it), is that tracks from Singapore and Bangalore are out there. It would be nice if these came into circulation as complete shows.
07-22-03 12:08 PM
Gimme Mac_Daddy, did you get my addy. I've send you an PM with my address in it.
07-22-03 12:49 PM
mac_daddy yes.