ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympic Stadium, Helsinki - July 16 - Setlist Pix and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-17-03 06:34 PM
Yapyap Ahh, thanks for saving me the trouble of reposting those pics here. (I'm kribu13 at Shidoobee.)

Happened to be around the Hotel Kämp this afternoon, just when the Stones started leaving.

Anyway ... I loved the show. Yeah, no real surprises in the set list, but Bitch was excellent and Little Red Rooster was a nice unexpected treat. Sympathy was probably the other highlight for me, in addition to Bitch.

But of course, this was my second Stones show ever, and it's been nearly 5 years from the first one, so I was just so happy to be there that even though I could probably complain about the set list or the duration or the lack of excellent solos ... I won't. It was a great show, as far as I'm concerned, and the people around me ("field 2", i.e. front of stage area, Keith's side, right next to the runway) seemed to enjoy themselves too.

Maybe if I were lucky enough to have experienced dozens of shows, I would complain about this and that. But the Stones sure made this fan happy.
07-18-03 08:38 AM
steel driving hammer

From RS.com;

Hello, Helsinki. Temperature wise, the first four letters in this sentence were pretty accurate. Forget any visions you may have of reindeer frolicking on frozen tundra or Laplanders bundled up to their eyebrows in woolies. It was nudging up to 32 degrees Celsius/ 90 degrees Fahrenheit today…and everyone in the stadium (except ZZ Top-read on) was wearing the very least amount of clothing possible!

This is the 5th time that the Stones have played in Finland. There was a huge crowd when we arrived, photographers, tv crews…the band waved, stopped to say brief hellos and signed autographs.

As capitol cities go, Helsinki is relatively small…but a huge chunk of the population seemed to be perpetually sitting/standing/milling outside our hotel. Despite their tenacity, Mick walked right out of the front door yesterday…and went totally unnoticed. One of our staff vans that had been idling in front of the hotel, moved around to the side door. Everyone followed the van around the hotel…and Mick walked right out of the front door, got in his sedan and went off for a boat trip.

We had two new support bands tonight. ZZ Top and The Hellacopters. The Hellacopters are a Swedish band and will share the bill again with us in Stockholm. Texas rockers ZZ Top were on next. This was their only show with us. Check out their outfits (in the photo section)…they were fantastic…but they must have been sweltering in the Helsinki heat and sun

ZZ Top guitarist Billy Gibbons presented Ronnie with a custom chrome Stratocaster guitar before the show tonight. Ronnie was blown away by it. The guitar has the classic Woody Woodpecker graphic and lots of custom touches. Check out the photo. Billy had presented Keith with a custom silver Telecaster while we were in Houston earlier this year. Ronnie and Keith both played their Billy guitars” on “Satisfaction” tonight.

It was still blazing daylight tonight when the Stones took the stage at 9:12pm. It never truly gets dark dark up here in the summer. The newspapers said that you could hear the concert up to 10km away…but Helsinki has a lot of lakes and sound travels over water. The entire set was played in sunlight. “Respectable” was on the set list for the third consecutive show.

07-18-03 10:52 AM
telecaster Steelie who is the smoking blond in your photo?

Marko do all Finnish women look like that?

Where the fuck did I put my passport?
07-18-03 10:53 AM
moy
07-18-03 10:59 AM
marko Blond? don´t see one.
07-18-03 11:05 AM
telecaster
quote:
marko wrote:
Blond? don´t see one.

Check out SDH pics on the first page. The blond behind the Stones flag. Upon further review, the blond behind the blond is just as smokin

Marko you may be seeing me soon
07-18-03 11:07 AM
marko oh that one,very usual lookin,smokin joint?lol,well someone
did,,i smelled it.
07-18-03 10:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
did keith walk under the stairs during the encore?

Whahaha!! Maybe that would have made the Finnish audience react...
07-19-03 11:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Any track to download Marko??
07-19-03 12:25 PM
marko NO.i have no idea did anyone record the show.
07-24-03 06:46 PM
Yyteri Beach Well, Marko

I hope that somebody recorded it because I definitely want that to my collection.

I also yearn Pori 65 and Helsinki 70 recordings but I'm 99,99% sure that there aren't any in circulation.
Helsinki 95 & 98 are in my collection and I hope some day Helsinki 03 will also be....
07-24-03 11:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Stones in Helsinki by Peter Jansson with thanks to Padre
Page: 1 2