ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympic Stadium, Helsinki - July 16 - Setlist Pix and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-16-03 03:31 PM
steel driving hammer ZZ Top for the opener and it's about time they did.

Billy Gibbons on the Stones stage.

Ronnie and Billy pose with the new guitar.

07-16-03 04:02 PM
steel driving hammer From RS.com

SETLIST:
Brown Sugar
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Don't Stop
Angie
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Bitch
Tumblin' Dice
Slipping Away
Before They Make Me Run
Sympathy
-B-STAGE-
Respectable
Little Red Rooster
Street Fighting Man
-MAIN STAGE-
Gimmie Shelter
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
Honky Tonk Woman
Satisfaction
Encore: JJ Flash

07-16-03 04:03 PM
Moonisup are you sure, it's ten O' clock, I bet they just started
07-16-03 04:13 PM
steel driving hammer RS.com prolly already posted the working setlist I think is what happend.

Well, Keith might deciced to do Little T & A I don't know...

;^)
07-16-03 05:22 PM
Stonesdoug the above setlist is correct
07-16-03 05:24 PM
steel driving hammer Notice on the guitar Billy gave Ronnie, the fretboard has Woody Wood Pecker.
07-16-03 05:25 PM
Gazza thats it. Marko has just texted me to confirm it
07-16-03 05:28 PM
Tom So for the first time in the entire tour RS.COM is working for the fans
07-16-03 05:34 PM
prism Has Keith worn that blue shirt before or is this the first time?
07-16-03 05:34 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Tom wrote:
So for the first time in the entire tour RS.COM is working for the fans

No shit! They said stay tuned to Pix of Stade De France, then they skiped over that.

Also RS.com gave us no pictures at all from the 3 concerts in Spain. Plus when they were there, the Stones entourage practically owned that Country. No offense to Spainards since my father is from Spain.
07-16-03 05:35 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Ooooo, nice guitar... must see more...

-tSYX --- Ring those chords and call me Pavlov's dog, Ronnie!
07-16-03 07:24 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Tom wrote:
So for the first time in the entire tour RS.COM is working for the fans

Were you holding your breath for this stadium setlist ?
07-16-03 07:27 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
No shit! They said stay tuned to Pix of Stade De France, then they skiped over that.

Also RS.com gave us no pictures at all from the 3 concerts in Spain.

I know! Where's the Spain stuff on rs.com? And why are we still waiting on something from the Olympia, like at least a tour report or however these darn things are called.
We need pix and videos of live songs!! Hopefully they'll give us something from Scandinavia. Only 2 months left on our memberships .
07-16-03 07:35 PM
steel driving hammer Angiegirl I thought it was a Life Time Membership, no?

You mean I gotta pay again?
07-17-03 03:55 AM
padre Just woke up after the gig. Yes, the setlist is correct indeed. The set seemed a bit short. 19 songs, but no MR or CYHMK in it to give it some length. Less than 2 hours I think.
ZZ TOP as an opener were truly great. A great setlist. They played for an hour, one brand new song called Butt Naked, Gimme All Your Loving, Legs and Sharp Dressed Man from Eliminator and all the rest from the albums before that!! Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide, Just Got Paid, Jesus Just Left Chicago,...we got 'em all. A great, great opener.
After an hour's wait The Stones hit the stage. The Riffmeister enters the stage with Brown Sugar and hits a bum note! I'm not sure what happened, did he start in the wrong key or what, but there sure was some funny looks in the rest of the band's faces when they looked at Keef after he screwed up THE riff.
The sound was excellent throughout the gig. I was in the front field section, Ronnie's side. Nothing was too loud or too down in the mix.
But the setlist...was this possibly the most predictable set of the tour? No surprises, no Knocking, no Rambler. Goddamit I waited for Midnight Rambler!
The band was in good spirits, but played the gig in business-as-usual-mode. And it was definetely another night for Mick and Charlie. Mick really is singing better than ever. Keith and Ronnie spent more time in fooling around and posing than playing good. In Sympathy Keith seemed to really struggle for some solo, but nothing sensible came out of it. But Ronnie...
I hope I'm wrong but I think poor ol' Ronnie was nowhere in his peak that I've heard from other gigs on this tour. I sure hope that he haven't hit the bottle again. He had that same blank stare that he had in Bridges tour (y' know The Stare he used to have?) and I'd say that he's playing was quite similar to 94/95 and 98 tours. Especially when the set neared its end, this became more evident. If Ronnie dropped his pick (like in IORR) he spent half the song just tapping the neck of the guitar with his fingers and fooling around instead of getting a new pick and playing the damn song. I was close to Ronnie, so I had good look at the guy. I truly hope this was just one gig he slipped away a bit.
So, a bit of a disappointments here and there, but anyway, it's The Stones, man!! Great to see 'em anyway!

I've got another story for all you photographing people, but I'll get back on that later.
07-17-03 04:01 AM
montana
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I know! Where's the Spain stuff on rs.com?

I wonder that too!! I want to see pix from my shows, at least one from each show...and you see, nothing!

and i also agree, we need olympia's clips!!!!!
07-17-03 04:25 AM
marko Ok,,,,here we go.
Brown sugar,sound was murky,,,shitty actually
start me up,,,the same as allways
you got me rocking,even this song didnīt get aud started!!!
donīt stop,ok version,NO sing-along
angie,i didnīt even wanna hear it again,just ok
you canīt,,,ok version only.finish arseholes didnīt know the song!!!!!!!!
bitch,good rocking version,,but nobody knew it
td,,,same old warhorse,ok
intro,,,finish,shitheads,didnīt start to shout charlie,like
its been a habit,way before his time,but nooooooooooo'
sliping away,best song of the nite.
before they make me run,keef killed it.
sympathy,good groovy version,but no aud singin woo-woo
respectable,great,but,i think no one knew the song
little red rooster,,good version,better in munich
sfm.works well on small stage,but,,its better on the big one
gimme shelter,,hmmm,nice effects
iorr,better at the small stage
htw,now,some fat bastards started to dance,and not talkin to
a god damn phone
satisfaction,ex version
jjf,,,killer version

anyway,in my opinion,BAD SHOW,but it wasnīt stones fault.
First of all,finish people donīt know how to organize,
this kind of happenings.We should,we have lots of experience
now,but actully NOTHING worked,They run out of beer.They
stopped selling fucking t-shirts,inside the stadium.those
people are SERVING US,but NOOOO,they rather start fucking
wanking with their mobile phones,than serving people.
Then,they gave FREE water bottles outside stadium,but,takin
bottles inside was not allowed!!!!!How,come this kind shit
can happen,in a year 2003?you canīt get water in a small
bottle,and they stop selling beer as well!!whats the fucking
point?

Then,the audinence,i never SEEN worse!People were more interested of their mobile phones,or of a fucking balloon
flying accross the sky,or just standing with shorts,and hands in their pocket,BORING!,they only clapped or sang
when mick told them to!People hardly even recognized the
songs,i think satisfaction was the only one really.

But iīm thinking,it mighta have been a good show.but the
lazy fat arse aud ruined it.I donīt understant todays people
at all,why fucking bother to waste 100 euros for ticket,if
you donīt arenīt interested of the show.Most were really
more interested about their phones,or some fucking balloons
up in the sky.No-one danced,at the sitting places,oh btw it
wasnīt a sell out!

no wonder why keith&ronnie lost their interest,if i were
them,i would never ever bother to come here again!

Marko
07-17-03 05:06 AM
montana

[Edited by montana]
07-17-03 05:16 AM
montana
07-17-03 08:48 AM
montana
07-17-03 09:30 AM
montana from shidoobee

07-17-03 09:56 AM
steel driving hammer Would of really loved to have attended that show.

Then party down and cut the rug in Helsinki.
07-17-03 10:16 AM
padre In the section I was people were shouting "Charlie!, Charlie!" and I thought that everybody was...
Yeah, the crowd was really lazy, seems like the sun bored the daylights out of the Finns.
07-17-03 12:41 PM
jb Stadium looks 1/4 empty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
07-17-03 12:45 PM
McQueen Then clearly the stadium and your intellect have much in common.
07-17-03 01:26 PM
jb Marko, I am really sorry about the horrendous show and audience you had to suffer through. I am sure Mick and Co. did their standard "fuck the audience" performance and the fact that the audience, as you described, was so disinterested , was obviously picked up by the band. I am sorry that you waited years for a Finish performance and you had to suffer, from what you described, through one of the all time lows in Stone concert history. I hope you are able to attend more shows, in countries more appreciative of the Stones. However, it seems that Keith and Ronnie, no matter what venue, have all but forgotten what it means to play guitar. Indeed, we have not had a lead guitarist since the great Mick Taylor left. This lack of guitar , IMHO, is the sole reason why the sound is so bad....All you hear is the soundboard with Chuck L. leading the way.....I am truly sorry you had such a bad experience. The audience seems even worsew than the 12,000 or less that attended the Miami show....truly the worst audience I ever saw at a Stones show...fortunately, their performance that night, was quite good.
[Edited by jb]
07-17-03 02:46 PM
Moonisup did keith walk under the stairs during the encore?
07-17-03 03:09 PM
Yyteri Beach Yeah I agree that people were lazy but me and my brother tried to shout "Charlie Charlie..." but people just didn't catch that.

ZZ Top were great and The Stones did a good job nevertheless Brown Sugar was messy...

My six year old son was enjoying and especially when his favourites Satisfaction and JJF came he was happy...

Still, I hope someone has the bootleg where are both sets (Top and Stones. Hmmm... record might be named "Top and Stoned" haha) so that I some day can have my copy.

If there's someone who has that bootleg, tell me...
07-17-03 04:08 PM
steel driving hammer Hit Me Ronnie!!!

07-17-03 06:00 PM
steel driving hammer From kribu13!

Don't you know it's rude to stare at his sweet ass!!

Page: 1 2