ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ladies and Gentleman DVD Return to archive
07-16-03 02:13 PM
jb Hello young people(and old farts),
Has anyone seen the L&G DVD and how does it compare to my average VHS copy? If it is worth buying, can one of you outstanding board members refer me to a source and or sell me a copy of yours at the current market rate which I believe is about $19.00...I will include a recent photo of myself for your viewing pleasure. Thanks-Josh
[Edited by jb]
07-16-03 02:28 PM
Lazy Bones Two weeks ago I watched a dolby digital 5.1 DVD(R) copy that was absolutely incredible. So, yes, much better than your VHS copy, jb.

I'm anxiously awaiting my copy.
07-16-03 03:15 PM
jb Thanks...I'm anxiously awaiting a copy of your copy
07-16-03 03:24 PM
littleredrooster Isn't copying that copy Illegal??
Requested by a defender of crime!!!

Those shows were terrible!

THEY DIDN'T SELL OUT!!!

Roooooostah
07-16-03 03:28 PM
jb 72 shows were the best ever...also, this is for personal, as oppossed to commercial use.
07-16-03 03:29 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks...I'm anxiously awaiting a copy of your copy

And I'm anxiously awaiting my DVD copier!
07-16-03 03:36 PM
Nellcote Here's a Warhorse reference....
1. I recall the show I attended 07/19/72, Boston Gahden, 31 years ago in three days! My first ever concert, front row balcony. This was a show for the ages...
2. As well as the actual viewing of the movie @ the Music Hall in Bahston,am I correct was 1974? Still have the long poster annoucement somewhere in the archives. Those close ups, with a movie style screen, why can't they make movies such as this anymore? Somehow, the video just does'nt cut it, here's hoping the DVD is betta.

Does ABKCO own the rights for this? Christ, they should release this with extra footage. This tour was the best!

JB-You speak the truth!!
07-16-03 03:41 PM
littleredrooster That still doesn't make it legal!

I searched the archives and the shows from which the film is derived were not sell outs and hardly worthy of the risk of adding it to your library.

R
07-16-03 04:21 PM
jb None of their shows have ever really sold out....even then Led Zepplin was filling stadiums and we were lucky to get 12,000 yocals in Ft. Worth.
07-16-03 10:32 PM
corgi37 Us wonderful, handsome and hung Aussies are a fair way away from the action, so i have a question on Ladies and Gentlemen on DVD. Is it actually available commercially, or is it just going around on DVD-R? The movie was the 1st video VHS i ever bought when we got our 1st 4 tonne VCR with big clunky buttons back in 82. Of course i still have the film, but its almost unwatchable as i have played it to death. I sort of get the feeling that the band is waiting to re-release things like this and maybe other tours when the end finally comes. Because, why the fuck would they make us wait over 30 years to get it on DVD? And, dont get me started on Cocksucker Blues. Britney has more DVD's available than the Stones.
07-16-03 11:59 PM
fmk438j I'm going to be picky and note that when we say 'the' DVD, there is no 'the' becuase there's multiple. I remember reading maybe three versions released by boot labels with the overdubbed sound source. And anyone with a DVD burner converting their video becomes a DVD that might be pure rubbish compared to the best available. So just because someone picks up a L&G DVD and rates it, don't be sure that the one you pick up is that version.
07-17-03 06:05 AM
MRD8 The new version of Ladies & Gentlemen...The Rolling Stones that just turned up in Japan was made using a computer program...the "new" movie soundtrack that surfaced last fall(You Can't Do That on VGP) and THE lowest generation copy of the film I've ever seen! The results are staggering, by far THE best bootleg video project ever...until the Stones decide to release it themselves this is the one to track down!
07-17-03 06:35 AM
BillyBoll Is there any way of identifying this particular version?
07-17-03 10:49 AM
twicks1 I am taking great enjoyment from your sarcasm, Little Red Rooster, even if jb doesn't understand it...Nice work.
07-17-03 11:45 AM
jb Yeh,I really didn't understand it.....thanks for explaining it!!!
07-17-03 12:37 PM
jb I just bought it for 19.99 on e-bay!!!!!!!!
07-18-03 01:58 PM
Jumping Jack Anyone willing to trade, B&P, or tree it?

[email protected]
07-18-03 02:15 PM
steel driving hammer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3338089395&category=41569
07-18-03 03:38 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3338089395&category=41569

Yummy!
07-18-03 05:40 PM
throbby Hey! I just bought one too. Thanks for the link SDH!
07-19-03 11:27 PM
JaggaRichards worth every cent IMO
07-22-03 09:46 AM
Blueboy If somebody who had it is able to trade it or make a tree. I'm able to burn it.

Blueboy
[email protected]
07-22-03 09:50 AM
jb Everyone who got it off e-bay owes me a big thank-you.
07-22-03 12:23 PM
2120SMA Thanks JB!

I haven't received my copy yet but I know it will be a great improvement to the VHS copy I have been watching for years. My family will be going out of town this weekend
and I will prime myself up with a few shots of Jack Daniels and crank it up.
07-22-03 12:25 PM
steel driving hammer Thank You Josh!!
07-22-03 12:26 PM
jb No problem SDH..LOL