ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amsterdam show to be broadcasted Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-09-03 05:04 PM
steel driving hammer Dutch radio will broadcast the Amsterdam Arena show of 20 August completely live to air through their FM channel Radio Two.

Sound Board, From The Lord...
07-09-03 05:51 PM
Gazza brilliant!!

tree that fucker!!
07-09-03 05:53 PM
steel driving hammer The seeds already planted but the show hasn't fucking started! LOL!
07-09-03 06:03 PM
Helmut Do you have the link of the station? Please post it
07-09-03 09:12 PM
steel driving hammer Now please tell me if I can download a live stream durring the concert.

http://teletekst.nos.nl/gif/402-01.html
07-10-03 01:07 AM
midnightmagic please translate the site in english.
07-10-03 07:56 AM
egon www.freetranslation.com

you'll get the drift
07-10-03 09:03 AM
steel driving hammer Gazza, can one download the concert from the net?

Thanks.
07-10-03 10:21 AM
T&A it figures that the Stones would pick a stadium show to do a broadcast---just what we need more greatest hits in soundboard quality! They couldn't pick one of the theater shows...no!!!!

yawn....
07-10-03 10:25 AM
steel driving hammer Yeah but you and I will still listen to it anyway...

Hook line and sinker fellow Pirate mate!
07-10-03 10:41 AM
Starfucker broadband: http://www.omroep.nl/radio2/live64.asx
smallband: http://www.omroep.nl/radio2/live20.asx
07-10-03 10:55 AM
T&A fuck yeah I'll listen to it - but I don't have to like it, like it, no i don't!
07-10-03 10:57 AM
steel driving hammer ;^)
07-10-03 04:17 PM
Gazza >it figures that the Stones would pick a stadium show to do a broadcast---just what we need more greatest hits in soundboard quality! They couldn't pick one of the theater shows...no!!!!

I see your point - especially as the vast majority of Euro shows are stadium gigs.

However, the live broadcast from the US leg was an arena show (MSG) so at least thats a reasonable variety in the setlists over the two shows

Didnt Mick say earlier in the tour they were going to do something official with the theatre shows (eg a possible DVD release or something?) if thats the case, its not good commercial sense for them to broadcast a theatre show too.

07-10-03 04:19 PM
Gazza >Gazza, can one download the concert from the net?

Thanks.

wouldnt have a clue to be honest,mate. its not something Ive ever done.

however,Im sure it shouldnt be rocket science for someone to make a CDR of it direct from the broadcast and tree it almost immediately
07-10-03 04:46 PM
T&A Gazza:

If I had any reason to have faith in Mick's words, I wouldn't mind their plan for a stadium broadcast. But, based on his historical record for follow-through - I DON'T!!!!!
07-10-03 06:46 PM
midnightmagic Thanks
Egon
07-11-03 05:18 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Just plug your minidisc recorder into the speaker output of PC to record off the net. It works for me. Is Radio 2 available via satellite in europe?
07-12-03 01:25 AM
riccardo Yes it is,in Digital format on Astra at 19,2 East
07-12-03 06:09 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Many thanks Riccardo. I've pointed the dish the right way. With a non Dutch sat box it looks as though the station identity is NLR2 (Ch 206 or thereabouts).

http://portal.omroep.nl/radio?nav=pquzFsHdDoBrEyGyJ
07-12-03 06:54 AM
mac_daddy you need a proggie like Total Recorder - something that records over your soundcard. Be careful with minidiscs - that ATRAC format they use is lossy compression. Ideally, you would record over your soundcard to WAV and then go from there...
07-12-03 09:49 AM
riccardo I will actually record it onto cd from my sat receiver digital output.
07-12-03 10:42 AM
Gazza >Gazza:
If I had any reason to have faith in Mick's words, I wouldn't mind their plan for a stadium broadcast. But, based on his historical record for follow-through - I DON'T!!!!!

I think going by what happened at the Olympia last night he must have been reading our conversation!

I can assure you that the plan IS to release a 3-DVD live set from the "Licks" Tour. Olympia will seemingly be the theatre show. We can only speculate on what shows will be used for the "stadium" and "arena" discs
[Edited by Gazza]
07-12-03 11:46 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
riccardo wrote:
I will actually record it onto cd from my sat receiver digital output.

that works, too...
07-15-03 01:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl It will be a broadcast also on Spanish TV (Andorra Televisión) LIVE at the very same moment

El dia 20 de agosto, la señal Andorra Televisión, ofrecerá en directo el concierto del mitico grupo The Rolling Stones, en la Arena de Amsterdam Holanda.
El horario de comienzo es a las 22 hs (de España) y se prevee pasar un documental sobre la Historia de Sus Majestades entre otras sorpresas.

(Gracias FRANCISCO J. TELLECHEA SÁNCHEZ)

http://rocksoff.org/foro/viewtopic.php?t=196
07-16-03 05:52 PM
Gazza ANDORRA TELEVISION??

What the f**k??? Andorra has a population of about 17 people plus three goats and two sheep

Surely thats a small regional channel with a pretty limited transmision capability ..no?? TVE is the main channel in Spain..I've been to Spain and the south of France a few times and have never heard of this one.It hardly makes sense that the only channel televising this is a small Spanish TV channel
07-16-03 05:53 PM
Moonisup Gazza, they want a new audience who REALLY likes a greatest hits show full of mistakes hahahahahahahahahhahahaah
[Edited by Moonisup]
07-16-03 06:05 PM
egon apart from radio it will also be live on tv

Laatste concert Stones rechtstreeks op tv
16 juli 2003
HILVERSUM - Het laatste concert dat de Rolling Stones deze zomer in Nederland geven, is woensdag 20 augustus ook rechtstreeks op televisie te zien. RTL4 verzorgt op die dag een tweeëneenhalf uur durende registratie van het optreden van de band, in combinatie met de trekking van de winnende nummers van de Staatsloterij. De Rolling Stones treden deze zomer zes keer in Nederland op. De concerten in Rotterdam (De Kuip op 11 en 13 augustus, Ahoy' op 15 augustus), Utrecht (Vredenburg, 16 augustus) en Amsterdam (19 en 20 augustus in de ArenA) zijn bijna uitverkocht. Alleen voor het optreden op 20 augustus zijn nog kaarten beschikbaar.
07-16-03 07:18 PM
Angiegirl RTL4 is the Dutch commercial station that will broadcast it live. That station also has the National Lottery show, which is the sponsor for this show: most people in the audience on the 20th will be people who won 2 tix through their lottery membership/participation (40.000 tix were given away this way, we just don't know for which shows, but probably most tix for this show).

O, it will be very special: a stadium which isn't even sold out to this day, filled for 50% or more with lottery winners who don't know the Stones that well. It will be a special night . I am so glad I have a FOS ticket to this show . Imagine queueing for this show and having to see it again on tv when you get home (coz that's what I'll do, even if it's the show out of hell, I know myself, I'll have to see it back immediately). I am a lost cause .

There will probably be more Euro stations (not PPV I guess) that will transmit this show. Stay tuned.
07-16-03 07:21 PM
Angiegirl BTW: even worse: Dutch RTL4 will also announce the winning lottery numbers for August during the show broadcast...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2