ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With the Mayor Mel Lastman receiving the gold key to the city of Toronto
Canada's Walk of Fame, Greig Reekie, HO/AP Photos
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RESULTS: Let the HeADbAngERs Ball Begin: Level One Trivia Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-30-03 03:00 AM
Jaxx this stuff is goina bust bust your brains out, but before you loose your mind over these fabulous prizes, let me repeat the rules of the game:

RULES
The contest is open to REGISTERED USERS OF ROCKS OF MESSAGE BOARD only. Your registration date must be by or before May 2003. Sorry, no exceptions.

The contest will have three parts:

LEVEL ONE: You will be asked to answer a posted set of easy trivia questions in order to move to the next round. The participants will privately email the Unholy Trinity their answers to these questions The participant will then post a reply THIS THREAD that they have submitted Level One Trivia answers to the Unholy Trinity. This way we will have an index of the regulars participating.

LEVEL TWO: To make it to Level Three, participants will be asked to answer a more difficult set of questions, identify photos, "name the track" on audio clips and elaborate on signifigant events in the Rolling Stones history.

LEVEL THREE: The finalists will be asked to participate in a LIVE TRIVIA contest to be held in one of the Rocks Off Chatrooms. Here's the cool feature: Everybody is welcome to come on in and watch the live contest, (it will be open to the public) but only the finalists will be able to respond.

Have fun and good luck. REMEMBER: reply to The Unholy Trinity ONLY. Do not respond on the board.
Level One Trivia Questions

1. What is another name for the song "I Don't Know the Reason Why”?
2. Identify “the roommate” at Edith's Grove.
3. Why did Bill Wyman make his own guitar?
4. How did Keith:
    (a) Write the tune for “Satisfaction”?
    (b) Where was he?

5. At what number did “Monkey Grip" peak on the British charts?
6. When did The Rolling Stones meet The Beatles?
7. Who said. "I've never had a problem with drugs, only with cops"?
8. Identify the alleged candy bar in "The Bust"
9. What’s another name for the song, “Loving Cup”?
10. Who said, "At 33 I'll quit.I couldn't bear to end up as an Elvis Presley and sing in Las Vegas with all those housewives and old ladies coming in with their handbags. It’s really sick."?
11. Why did the Marquee bookings end?
12. Who said, "As far as I know, Brian never wrote a single finished song in his life; He wrote bits and pieces, but never presented them to us."?
13. Mick refused to do the finale on which British TV show?
14. What was the original name planned for Aftermath?
15. Identify Bill Wyman’s first amp.
16. How long did the jury deliberate before finding Jagger guilty at the Redlands bust?
17. Who said, “Performing's like sex. You might like it, but you don't wanna do it all the time.”?
18. What is another name for the song "In Another Land"
19. On the night Charlie arrived late for a gig, name
    (a) The drummer who took his place,
    (b) the date and
    (c) the venue

20. The Rolling Stones opened

(a) For who?
    (b) What year?

21. Identify:

(a) The last show The Rolling Stones performed live with Brian in front of a public audience
    (b) Brian’s last show with The Rolling Stones.

22. Mention at least one song which debuted live before its studio version was released.
23. For the live debut of “2000 Light Years from Home” name:

(a) the date
    (b) the venue

24. Identify the recording session in the photo below indicating

(a) the album being recorded
    (b) the studio they are in and
    (c) the year

25. Name the officially released Rolling Stones songs that are instrumentals?

06-30-03 09:26 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LICK HERE TO SEND THE ANSWERS, if your browser is configured properly this command will open an e-mail body to Jaxx, Gazza and Voodoo with the subject "Trivia Answers".

If your browser don't do that just send a message to all of us ( [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] ) with the subject Trivia Answers

Don't forget to reply here to make the index of the regulars participating.
06-30-03 04:44 PM
Soul Survivor OH SHIT! I submitted, but i sent Gazza a private message! Now I lost!!!! It was early this morning too!
06-30-03 07:53 PM
stonedinaustralia how long do wehave to submit answers
07-01-03 01:58 AM
beer The answers to a couple of these questions are going to be open to debate.
Mick and Keith themselves can't even agree on the answer to number #4.
I don't understand question #20.
07-01-03 05:00 AM
fmk438j Gee, there's a couple there I have no clue and not sure if I can even find the answers.
07-01-03 10:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
beer wrote:
The answers to a couple of these questions are going to be open to debate.
Mick and Keith themselves can't even agree on the answer to number #4.
I don't understand question #20.

For question #4 use Keith's version

For question #20 just answer the name of the group(s) and/or artist(s) that have been at the top of the bill in the same show and the Stones opened for them.
07-01-03 12:37 PM
Soul Survivor Voodoo, I sent all my answers to Gazza in a private message yesterday morning, not in an email. does this mean Im eliminated?
07-01-03 12:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No Soulie you're in, no problem, Gazza sent them to us and I re-send them in the way we asked for.

The reason to request the participants to send the asnwers in this way is that with just one click we can sort the e-mails by "SUBJECT" and move them all to a folder to review them.

At this moment you're the only one who has sent the asnwers, at this speed you'll get the three prizes
07-01-03 02:33 PM
Soul Survivor LOL Sweet, didnt I skip like 2 questions though? Ahh, well I tried my best
07-01-03 04:49 PM
FPM C10 I responded to the trivia thingy.
07-01-03 05:59 PM
beer Count me in.
07-02-03 08:17 AM
stonedinaustralia re questiomn 11. - is there a word limit - 25 words or less or 25,000 or more

voodoochile we all need a dead line...

give us a date

yours in anticipaion...

07-02-03 09:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I asked jaxx and Gazza about the deadline, I have not received a reply. Take your time, points are more important than being the first sending the answers.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
07-03-03 01:37 AM
fmk438j Ahh! So you don't need to get every answer correct to advance?

07-03-03 10:57 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No you don't just send them. We're going to select the best answers for the second round.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
07-03-03 05:10 PM
Jaxx so only a few of you have entered the challenge? come on. those photos are great. this is an OPEN BOOK TEST. i am urging y'all to GO FOR IT. since there have been so few responses, i am going to EXTEND THE DEADLINE to WENESDAY July 9. there are many websites and books out there that will contain the information. ladies? hello, where are you???
07-03-03 07:44 PM
stonedinaustralia i'm definetly going in jaxx

but there's still a few answers to be hunted down and there' still a bit more time

some of those questions are bloody difficult

that's why i, for one at least, need a dead line to work against
07-03-03 08:33 PM
Soul Survivor I am pissed at myself that i didnt take more time cuz now my answers are already sent in!
07-03-03 08:47 PM
Martha Ok, now that you've given me a deadline time that I can manage I'm gonna shoot for round one....Thanks Jaxx!

However, due to the nature of these (bloody hard for my speed/level)questions, I may wish ( and in fact, reserve the right) to recant the above statement at at later date.

Let the fun continue.

07-04-03 02:13 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy As I happen to be away with limited access, I'm tryin' to answer 'em whenever I can, but it's tough. I'll get 'em in by Wednesday, though.

-tSYX --- Din' I see you down in San Anton' on a hot'n'summer's night... or something.
07-05-03 04:53 AM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
so only a few of you have entered the challenge? come on.

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAXX !! I did wish you a Happy Birthday, on your actual birthday over at Gasland under the steel wls thread. (read my email I sent you too !!)

OK, here's the deal, I've known 24 of the 25 answers for like 3 or 4 days now !! However, anybody who knows me well knows that I am a PERFECTIONIST !! (that's why my albums take so fucking long to get finished !!) So I check my FIFTY (50) plus Stones reference books here in my library for the answer to the ONE question I don't know, I check the internet search engines and still came up with NOTHING !!! For the record, it's one of those, "Who said" questions. Finally tonight I decided to say, "Fuck It" I KNOW TWENTY FOUR of those questions, I'll take an educated "guess" on the "who said" question that I don't know.

I mean 24 out of 25 will get me in the dressing room right ?

So anyway, Here is my "official entry" notice.

I had to email each of the Trinity INDIVIDUALLY !! That "combo" link didn't work for me. Then again, my email of late has been FUCKING UP big time lately !!

Now I've Gotta Go Do Some "Stuff".

Later, Cardinal Fang

P.S. Please email me with the answer to that one question I didn't know. Did I score a 24 or did I score a 25 ?
07-05-03 03:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks Cardinal... I think soon we're gonna have some winner but TEY WON TON ON, great signature dude

Remember that Wedenesday is the deadline
07-06-03 01:36 AM
Angiegirl Jeez, I sent them in. I'm exhausted, had to guess a few questions, not entirely sure. Must have read 10 books all over again, lol
I probably won't beat the Cardinal, but I gave it a try. Jaxx's cry for women participation worked I guess, lol.

Will you post the correct answers after Wednesday? Now I wanna know how much of my answers are correct!
07-06-03 02:55 AM
fmk438j I haven't put min in yet, but i will very soon.

I must admit I had to 'double-check' 10 out of the 25 questions. And still will have to guess a couple.
07-06-03 02:39 PM
Jaxx i'm delighted to see these entries are trickling in and finally, a female contestant! all right, angie baby. AND A thanks for your email cardinal fang. response will follow shortly. soul survivor, there's a rumour out there that the first answers you give are usually the right answers. don't sweat it. keep those entries coming in. there's still time. and to those who have sent in their answers already, thanks a bunch for your participation!
07-06-03 03:44 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
i'm delighted to see these entries are trickling in and finally, a female contestant! all right, angie baby.

Yeh, it was fun to do. Cost me a few hours. Is participating more important than winning? LOL!
Thanx for the contest.
07-06-03 03:55 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yeh, it was fun to do. Cost me a few hours. Is participating more important than winning? LOL!
Thanx for the contest.

i know that i spent several hours combing through my rolling stones references--from the obvious to the obscure---looking for level I as well as the more challenging level II questions. if ya'll are enjoying yourselves, its time well spent on the creating as well as on the participating end of things. as far as participating more important than winning? LOL. i would imagine that comes from each individual P.O.V. i'll tell ya this, tho, i wish i could be vying for that second place photo, myself. and you're welcome. me and the guys have enjoyed putting this thing together.
07-07-03 09:20 AM
Zeeta This is so hard!!!

Any clues for the young, not so knowledgeable guy!!??

I am in envy of the knowledge you guys possess - amazing!

My answers will be submitted in the 11th hour!!
07-07-03 03:36 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
This is so hard!!!
Any clues for the young, not so knowledgeable guy!!??
My answers will be submitted in the 11th hour!!

with over 1,000 u.s. dollars in prizes to give away, i'm going to have to remain "clueless". i looked through several resources to find these questions. personally, i am no expert. i had to confer with the guys on the level of difficulty because i have focused on the "music" and not the "mayhem". its an open book test. just go for it. you have nothing to loose.
Page: 1 2 3