ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Giant Phallus, MSG June 22, 1975
By Bob Gruen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Friday night in Toronto Return to archive
07-22-02 08:53 AM
Lazy Bones On Friday night, Toronto Tom and I headed for the school in hopes of a glimpse or some ear candy. What we were uncertain of, was if rehearsals were to resume that early after Chuchs' passing. The school itself is completely fenced-in. We, however, tip-toed around as the gym is at the back of the property. Rather than hearing crews setting things up, they were taking things down. Two semis and a Ryder truck were being loaded. Although, that excursion wasn't a success, it tested our physical abilities through some rugged brush..lol.
Once the sun went down, we were off to Gerry Stones', STONES PLACE. Located at 1255 Queen Street, downtown Toronto, it's a beautiful place with walls filled with autographed photos, rarities and Stones' stuff galore. It was the long-awaited grand opening and the Midnight Ramblers (complete with 2 female backups and a sax player) kicked things off taking the stage at 11:00. It was the first time I've seen them, and they're very good. A set that opened with The Last Time and included other odd balls as Slave, Emotional Rescue and Shake Your Hips. It was a great way to get the Stones blood flowing before the tour starts. They'll be playing there "most Fridays" for the summer.

If anyone is in the area, believe me, this is a place you don't want to miss!
07-22-02 08:58 AM
nankerphelge This is killing me. I want to go to Toronto so freakin bad right now! I'd camp out in that Stones place and sneak through the brush with you undercover of the night. If only this JOB didn't get in the way!
07-22-02 09:35 AM
Lazy Bones Here's a map.

http://www.toronto.com/map?mode=geo&id=695261&lat=436416&lon=-794308
07-22-02 10:16 AM
nankerphelge Torture! You are torturing me!

I have a big hearing next week, and then August is shaping up to be a wee bit slower with a vacation in upstate NY that puts me within striking distance of Toronto. How long are they in Toronto? Any idea of when they are supposed to break camp?
07-22-02 10:40 AM
Lazy Bones I have heard that times and location (Fleet Center?) has been booked in Boston a week or so before they kick off the tour 3rd September. Personally, I don't know if that's confirmed.

I presume that if a "thank you" gig was to be scheduled in Toronto, it might be the week of 19th August. I'm guessing, of course.
07-22-02 10:57 AM
winter It was in the local paper that the Stones have the Fleet Center booked for the week before the Tour Opener.

winter

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road