ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Giant Phallus, MSG June 22, 1975
By Bob Gruen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Steel Wheels for Stones Return to archive
07-21-02 10:43 PM
Jaxx National Post

NO STEEL WHEELS

Finally, if someone can explain this to me, please, please give a holler: A man, Alan Dunn, walks into Pedlar Bicycles on Avenue Road to buy some wheels for some guys named Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron. Maybe you've heard of them?

Anyhow, the guy at Pedlar takes one look at Dunn, the Rolling Stones' tour manager, and says, "I can't sell you anything. I know who you are."

Confused, Dunn asks why.

"Your clients are too famous," is the response.

Still confused, he asks if it's a question of personal liability insurance or something.

No, says the sales guy. It's not that.

It's never resolved what the issue is, and, finally, Dunn is handed the Yellow Pages by the Pedlar fellow. "You can go somewhere else," he's told.

That "somewhere else" turns out to be Cycle Solutions on Parliament, but Dunn still can't make out what happened at the other place.

"It's surreal," he told me yesterday over the phone.

When I try to call the manager of the store, he refuses to get into it with me. "I don't want to discuss it," he says. (Could it be he's, gulp, a Beatles fan?)

The Stones, as you have no doubt heard, are in town getting ready for their upcoming tour. They can't get no satisfaction and, apparently, sometimes they can't get no two-wheelers either.

07-22-02 03:55 PM
jb It is very sad that even today ordinary people have such misconceptions of the Stones. It's not like they are going to damage the bicycles ....this goes back to the Beatles being the "good " guys and the stones representing "evil". Just another reason why I never liked the Beatles.
07-22-02 04:50 PM
sirmoonie Holy christ! jb......is that really you? Nice to see a friendly face around here. Your posts have always been so fresh full of the truth.

Some of these "guys" can't handle the truth, jb. I'm talking about nadsmelching in uniform. They don't believe how deleterious it can be.

Where are the Yo-yos of yesteryear? Save the bombardier! No more milk bop runs on the Bologna!
07-22-02 07:49 PM
Fiji Joe I have given this a lot of thought and am convinced that the seller of bicycles, although he may know bikes, does not possess an astute knowledge of Rock N' Roll. It's obvious to me that the man was convinced that our four favorite lads were none other than the Monkeys. Thus, his behavior was completely rational. We all remember the hell those bastards raised on those bicycles.
07-22-02 09:16 PM
scrotum c10 home Thank you Sirmoonie. Contrary to what some may have thought, the owners of this site did not ban me. I did, however, recieve a private message indicating that some of my posts were inappropriate and that this would not be tolerated. Since I am only a guest on this site, I felt the proper thing to do was to cease and desist from posting until things cooled down. I am appreciative that I can return to this board on occassions and still partake in discussions regarding the greatest band the world will ever know. Asdifficult as it will be, I will try to respond in what you might call politically correct language and hopefully not offend anyone.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road