ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Giant Phallus, MSG June 22, 1975
By Bob Gruen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let's Work Video Return to archive
07-21-02 02:34 AM
Im_Shattered I just seen it for the first time, i'm speechless!
07-21-02 03:00 AM
stonedinaustralia too much isn't it... i saw it a couple of times when it was released... perhaps the most cringe inducing thing ever produced by any - one even remotely connected with the stones...you're right - it's hard to find words to describe it's complete wrongness...what was he thinking (or perhaps more to the point) not thinking...
07-21-02 07:07 AM
padre I think the coolest promo clip from the Stones together or solo comes from Keef's Wicked As It Seems. The video is soooo cool, perfectly in balance with a great song. A bit like Love is Strong, but better.
Hope the Stones come up with a great video for the new song. They sure don't have too much of them...
07-21-02 07:36 AM
steel driving hammer I am such a closet lover of that song.

Not sure if I'd play it loud in my car though.

Only at home.

Ain't gonna sweat for ya.
07-21-02 08:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot Which song SDH, Let's Work, or Wicked As It Seems?

07-21-02 08:56 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Which song SDH, Let's Work, or Wicked As It Seems?

Let's Work is of the same period as Running Out of Luck - right? Oy. Painful. Almost as horrifying as watching Pasolini's 120 Days of Sodom. Or the Journey Behind the Music.

SS - are you going to Vet's? Greg is too.
07-21-02 09:13 AM
stonedinaustralia you're right dandelion - it's about the same time and it's painfull...

by the way (and excuse me if i appear obtuse) is your avatar meant to be funny?? - i hope so...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-21-02 09:37 AM
Dandelion*
quote:

by the way (and excuse me if i appear obtuse) is your avatar meant to be funny?? - i hope so...

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

You dare mock the sacred union of Bill Wyman and the campgoddess Mandy Smith?!! The woman who Jerry Hall WISHES she could be? You are not worthy of touching a lock of her bleached golden hair!

07-21-02 10:04 AM
stonedinaustralia
i guess i was right, it was meant to be funny (and it is)...

07-21-02 10:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dandy....

At this time I have no plans to go to the Vet....but you know me....if I can scrounge up the cash to score a seat from some kind soul in the parking lot, I imagine I'll tag along....Marko as well.

The Stones almost always do great shows in Philly....1978 being a notable exception, as FPM C10 will testify. The Stones love Philly, and Philly loves the Stones. In fact, as far as the USA goes, Philly would be the 2nd biggest Stones town, behind only New York City. Bostonians might argue that opinion, but I think they'd come up a bit short.

So, that being said, I don't really see how I'll be able to avoid going. It would just eat me up inside to know that there is a Stones show within easy driving distance, and me not being there.
07-21-02 11:22 AM
Dandelion* Well damit - get to TM and get a single. I think row 15 was still available this morning. You'll be a few rows behind Fleabit and me.
07-21-02 12:16 PM
steel driving hammer SS I have that 78 Philly show FPM attended.
They did a strange version of Satisfaction that night.
Think the band carried Mick durring that tour.
Mick was raw but absolutely wasted but having a good time.

Talking about the Lets Work song. I like it.
Was playing She's The Boss very loud not too long ago.

Love just about everything them boys put out.
Just paused for a moment to think of something I don't like.
Came up w/ only 2 songs, Dance and Raido Control.
But that could change w/ the wind tomorrow.

Nothing is for certain.
07-21-02 12:59 PM
nankerphelge Mick, as much as I love 'em in front of the Stones, seems out of place by himself. To me anyway -- your mileage may vary. I never much cared for most of what I heard of him solo. And that video is in a heated tie for first in the "Mick's most queer look" contest (along with the scene of him solo in Japan from 25x5 (I think), most pictures ever taken of him on tour circa '82, that pointy spikey head thing in A Life on the Road (if you've seen it, you know the one I mean)).

07-21-02 01:26 PM
complicated He who is clean of a "let's work" moment cast the first stone...Okay, who doesn't have a Let's work" moment in their past?? I am sure none of you super macho rolling stone dudes do...that's why you can trip on Mick (which is actually sort of weinerish because he is not present to defend himself). as for me (a girl) I can turn the sound down and just sort of, well appreciate mick jagger!! ha ha, girl fans have more fun!!!
07-21-02 02:58 PM
Im_Shattered It was the time of the world aid thing, Mick wanted to jump on the band wagon as usual
07-21-02 03:33 PM
Boomhauer Does anybody think the Stones are gonna make a video for their next single? (By the way, when does the new single come out?) Personally, I don't think they are going to do one.
07-21-02 07:50 PM
Gazza >Let's Work is of the same period as Running Out of Luck - right?

not really...."lets work" is from "primitive cool" so thats Sept 1987

"Running out of luck" is from "Shes the Boss" (spring 85) although the longform video took a couple of years before it was finally released

Agree with you.."let's work" video is pretty embarrassing. Now...if youd seen Mick on "Top of the Pops" around the same time prancing around a TV studio lip-synching to a few hundred mullet-haired teenagers,youd have retched...
07-21-02 11:52 PM
BILL PERKS I REMEBER SEEING THE VIDEO WHEN IT CAME OUT AND BEING FLABBERGASTED.THE SONG SUCKED,THE VIDEO REALLY SUCKED,BUT COOL HAS GOOD MOMENTS.PARTY DOLL IS JAGGER'S BEST SOLO SONG,KOW TOW AND SAY YOU WILL WERE GOOD EFFORTS.PEACE FOR THE WICKED AND PRIMITIVE COOL DEFY EXPLANATION.
07-22-02 11:37 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Let's Work is of the same period as Running Out of Luck - right?

not really...."lets work" is from "primitive cool" so thats Sept 1987

"Running out of luck" is from "Shes the Boss" (spring 85) although the longform video took a couple of years before it was finally released

Agree with you.."let's work" video is pretty embarrassing. Now...if youd seen Mick on "Top of the Pops" around the same time prancing around a TV studio lip-synching to a few hundred mullet-haired teenagers,youd have retched...

Mick seems to like to test/torment his fans. Hmmm....am I giving him too much credit?

I meant the videomovie monstrosity. To have been a fly on the wall of his therapists office back then...

But you know - his video for God Gave Me Everything is one of the best he's done, solo or with the Stones in the MTV era.
07-22-02 12:32 PM
Maxlugar Dandelion,

I love the song Lets Work but I've never seen the video. Describe what is going on in it.

Thanks, "RAGUL-XAM!"

Maxy!
07-22-02 12:58 PM
Dandelion* Max - I saw it long ago on some compilation video boot. From what I remember it featured Mick running down the street being followed by the typical mid - 80's WearethehappyPCpeopleoftherainbow cast of "working people" extras shot in cheesy cable access quality video. If the SPIV has a VCR I'll try to find it and we can enjoy that, the Running Out of Luck feature, Mick and Billy in Paris doing the bump, and the Monkey Grip promos. Is the SPIV still on?

Bytheway - thanks Joey for posting that url.
07-22-02 01:27 PM
Maxlugar Thanks Dandy.

Some of what Mick has done in the past has been incredibly testicle adverse.

But I think he does it on purpose. He's our Mick!

Not many seemed interested in the SPIV. And since that nut job decided to post my name and town on Keno's site I've taken on a whole new attitude about meeting people I don't know. Funny how no one really thought that was such a bad thing. Why must I be the victim of his hateful, heinous acts? What did little Maxy do that was so bad, Dandy? I wish I could patch it up with him but I fear he is too far gone! You wanna know something? I gave, GAVE, him a copy of the extremely rare Chicago Double Door video. Just as a peace offering, some time back. We've even emailed each other numerous times just like we do on the board. I wish the Rolling Stones really did wipe out hate back in the 60's.

Ah, but shit, we have time. Come September I might have a whole new out look! I'm working on it!

"RAGUL-XAM"

Mr. Maxy Von Tuttleburger.

07-22-02 01:32 PM
steel driving hammer King Lugar,

You will love or hate the video.

I love it. Pure Mick.
07-22-02 01:40 PM
nankerphelge Ahh music to my ears that Max is voicing a possibility of reconcilliation. Now Joey, the balls, ..uh.., ..ahem, the ball is in your court. Please try to meet Max half way and not annoy every fiber of his soul!

PS Max -- got the video -- what is that freaking return address??!! 666 5th Ave! That's the old Revlon building with the red neon 666 on it ain't it?

You are close to wrestling the "that crazy bastard" title from marko (presently TCB)
07-22-02 01:44 PM
Maxlugar Steelie!

Thanks. I love Mick Jagger! He can do no wrong in my eyes. Even the Hey Negrita Dance has a laugh factor of 10! Good times.

My dearest Steelie, keep being you.

I want no changes.

Thanks,

BB in OB! (Maxy)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road