ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Giant Phallus, MSG June 22, 1975
By Bob Gruen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: REHEARSALS ??? Return to archive
07-20-02 09:25 AM
TASFA WHAT DO THEY PLAY IN THE FIRST REHEARSALS OR WHAT THEY ARE PLANING TO PLAY IN THE TOUR ???
07-20-02 10:57 AM
winter harlem shuffle, dr. dre's remix of miss you and Britney's version of satisfaction (lip synched of course), didn't you see my earlier post

to quote flounder,

"oh boy, this is going to be great,"

bahlimpilacious
07-20-02 11:46 PM
BILL PERKS THEY REHEARSED
1-MOTHERS LITTLE HELPER
2-SHE WAS HOT
3-TUMBLIN DICE
4-BEAST OF BURDEN
5-PAINT IT BLACK
6-DANCIN WITH MR D(TAYLOR SOLOED)
7-IF YOU CANT ROCK ME
8-LET IT BLEED
9-HONKY TONK WOMAN
10-YOU CANT ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
11-OUT OF CONTROL
12-HAD IT WITH YOU-B
13-DEAR DOCTOR-B
14-LIKE ROLLIN STONE-B
15-LITTLE T-A
16-BEFORE THEY MAKE ME RUN
17-CONNECTION
18-ITS ONLY ROCK N ROLL
19-DONT STOP
20-GIMME SHELTER
21-BROWN SUGAR
ENCORES-
22-HAPPY
23-RUBY TUESDAY
24-JJ FLASH
NOW THAT'S A FUCKIN SHOW-BILL WILL DO IN ANOTHER LAND IN NYC,AND LA,ACCORDING TO MY SOURCES,TAYLOR WILL BE AT MOST SHOWS.
07-21-02 12:06 AM
beer Looks like Keith's singin 3 songs. Where is Sway? They must play Sway!!!!!!!!!!!

_
07-21-02 12:21 AM
Mr T where is Sympathy???

I would love to hear Can't You Hear Me Knocking - but if they didn't play my favorite song(and one of their biggest classics) - I would never get over it
07-21-02 01:41 AM
FotiniD Dear Bill, can you tell us your sources?

The Taylor thing got me going again... Who needs him?
07-21-02 04:38 AM
swapwoodfortaylor .......The Stones do! To stop them being a pop group and to get back to being a blues band.
07-21-02 07:06 AM
stonedinaustralia yes BILL, who are these sources??

i'd have thought that if this idea was a stone cold certainty it would've been used as a point to try and move more tickets...i'm not saying it won't happen (what the f$%k would i know) but if it was official locked in stuff i'm sure we wouldn't be relying on dark & mysterious "sources" to hear the news...there's no denying it's a nice idea (40th anniversary and all that sentimental backwards looking kinda thing)... also refer other post re mt's own schedule through the stone's tour - if they are all in the same town at the same time well who knows??

and swapwoodfortaylor if the stones were going to get back to being a blues band they'd need stu a lot more and a lot sooner than they'd need mt (and you know how likely that is) and they were never a "blues band" when he played for them anyway.. remember mt helped oldfield do "tubular bells" (god i can hardly believe i'm even using the phrase "tubular bells" on this board - it's creepin' me out man) live and as far as i know that didn't have a whole lot to do with the spirit of john lee hooker...

don't misunderstand me though, to me mt is a beautiful player...absolutely the right man in the right place at the right time...

and i'd be really surprised (and somewhat dissapointed) if they trotted out "like a rolling stone" again... i can't see any reason why this would become a staple of their set - apart from the rather obvious title reference (i mean why not just do the muddy water's tune)...if they're gonna do another dylan cover i'd like to hear them tackle "idiot wind"

swapkeithforcharlie (and vice versa)

]
[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
07-21-02 07:42 AM
FotiniD swapwoodfortaylor, I don't think the Stones could really go back to being a blues band today, and certainly, if that ever happened, I don't think it'd have anything to do with MT's contribution.

I do admire MT for his guitar playing, but I don't think that it was his presence that made the Stones what they were - meaning that even if he did come back today, he wouldn't add a magic touch and turn them back to people playing in blues clubs in front of a hundred people. The Stones have changed as the times have changed. It's not the seventies anymore and I don't think that special era or the feeling of it or the circumstances could ever be repeated, despite of how much I would want that myself - even though I haven't been there!

They can still play good music if they want to and they are still the best live act you can catch. Let's just hope that this tour around they're gonna realize that for themselves and return to playing cause they like it and forget the ultra-mega-super show stuff. Well, at least a bit of that.
07-21-02 08:20 AM
winter I have no sources and no basis of knowledge, but I find it hard to believe that they've aleady picked the b-stage songs and the encores. I would think at this point they are just rehearsing songs, not shows.

Any thoughts?

Winter
07-21-02 08:31 AM
stonedinaustralia yer right on winter,imho...

and what about these much mooted new tunes??

surely they'd be in the mix

i don't mean to be rude bill (i mean BILL) but either you're having a lend of us or someone's having a lend of you

07-21-02 08:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Any thoughts?<

Yeah, I got a thought....how come some people keep using that Goddamn caps lock?
07-21-02 08:49 AM
stonedinaustralia that's right BILL.. just next to the little key that says "A" there's another that says Caps Lock... please push yours...i'm beggin' ya...

i don't wanna be seen to be trying to stifle personal expression and all that but it's really hard on the eyes (and consequently the mind) and so, for me at least - 'tho i suspect for others as well, it makes your messages a bit harder to take and therefor understand...

so, as they say in the classics, do yourself a favour and hit that button...

07-21-02 09:38 AM
Stray Cat Surely they can't do Like a Rolling Stone AGAIN!!!
It was o.k. in 1995, but this would be taking the piss. They have a massive catalogue of their own songs as well as never performed covers, to choose from. What about CITADEL or SOUL SURVIVOR
07-21-02 10:11 AM
nankerphelge Had It With You and Dear Doctor -- that's beautiful.
They can play whatever else they want aside from Indian Girl
07-21-02 10:48 AM
BILL PERKS THANK YOU FELLAS FOR TAKING THE PISS.THAT IS JUST MY WISHLIST,MY SOURCES WERE AMSTEL LIGHT AND HANK THE ANGRY DRUNKEN DWARF.A LITTLE JOKE FELLOWS,YOU WONT KNOW THE SETLIST UNTIL THE FIRST CLUB GIG IN TORONTO,AND BY THE WAY,THE CAPS LOCK IS STAYIN.
07-21-02 11:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot >AND BY THE WAY,THE CAPS LOCK IS STAYIN.<

Why? Because it annoys some of your fellow posters?

Or do you think you need some kind of gimmick to make your posts stand out?

Or are you just to damn lazy to worry about proper capitalization?

At least three different people have asked you to turn off the caps lock. And you can pretty much bet that those three won't be the last either.

Q: What is the shortest book ever published?
A: HOW TO WIN FRIENDS, AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE BY BILL PERKS.
07-21-02 12:00 PM
Fiji Joe I kinda like the caps as far as Bill is concerned...this board is just too damn homogenous as it is...nice change. Those who don't like it can treat him like their drunk uncle and simply ignore him.
07-21-02 01:15 PM
nankerphelge Became an uncle again today myself.
Little "she" critter.

"Uncle nanky, tell me another story about the Stones!"

"Well dear, did I ever tell you about the goat man on stilts at the Voodoo Lounge opener!"

Yes another mind to introduce to the magic and majesty that is the Stones. She deserves nothing but the best. But neither of her parents like the Stones. (I know, I know. I'm still coming to grips with it myself). So this one will be a challenge -- to somehow slip the Stones into their lives. I owe the bro-in-law that much! He's the one that bought my 2 year old a guitar that played "It's A Small World" in three different mind-numbing tones. With a head set so she could sing along! He thinks I've forgotten.

Oh no, my dear boy.
I remember oh so well.
This will be a coup if I pull it off.
Years of subversive behavior are required.
Ah, but we have time.

07-21-02 01:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shhh... Stray Cat Blues and Have you seen you mother baby
07-21-02 09:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Shhh... means please keep in silence, now this is all over the net without any credit to the source. Thanks.
07-21-02 09:32 PM
BILL PERKS SIR STONES A LOT,MY POSTS STAND OUT BY MY INTELLECT ALONE.I JUST HAPPEN TO HAVE A FETISH FOR CAPITAL LETTERS.IF ANY WANKERS WANT A PIECE OF BILL PERKS,HE WILL BE AT GIANTS STADIUM,13A OF PARKING LOT FROM 2PM ON.MAYBE THERE I CAN BE PERSUADED.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road