ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

The Giant Phallus, MSG June 22, 1975
By Bob Gruen
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: header pic '67 Return to archive
07-18-02 01:12 PM
nankerphelge Why the stand-up bass? What song(s) was that used on?
07-18-02 01:51 PM
Lazy Bones That appearance included:
Connection
Ruby Tuesday
Let's Spend The Night Together
It's All Over Now

The "notes" of the Rocks Off (Gazza's?) page where I took this set from, notes a bluesy IAON. Perhaps that's it?!

http://www.albec.net.mx/personales/rocksoff/tv.htm
07-18-02 03:21 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 the standup bass was used on Ruby Tuesday! This was also done during the Ed Sullivan appearance.
07-18-02 06:36 PM
Gazza Only "Its All Over Now" was truly "live" on this show. On the other songs they used an instrumental backing track with "live" vocals (as was the case on many TV shows around this time,including ED Sullivan Show)

Unfortunately there doesnt appear to be a surviving video tape of this show - the audio recording is in circulation though
07-18-02 06:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Man, I'd love to have the jacket that Brian is wearing...or the guitar that he's playing!
07-18-02 07:09 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 The guitar Brian is using is non-reversed gibson firebird. there are very few they make of them anymore.
07-18-02 07:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Only "Its All Over Now" was truly "live" on this show

and it's also an unique bluesy arrangement
07-18-02 11:52 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since we're changin header, here is the reference header to give sense to this thread

Sunday Night At The London Palladium ATV (UK) - January 22, 1967
Promoting the new single "Let's Spend The Night Together" under Albert Locke Direction

Live vocals - mimed playing / Photo by Doreen Spooner
07-19-02 07:59 AM
Mathijs Brian plays a non-reversed Gibson Firebird VII from 1966. The guitar isn't produced anymore, but due to a very limited popularity a clean 66 - 70 example can be purchased for about $1500, which is quite cheap if considered that a new reversed Firebird V is about $2000, and a clean 1963 - 65 reversed Firebird VII is worth about $8000 - $10.000

Mathijs
07-19-02 09:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot No No. I know what kind of guitar it is....I don't want one LIKE the one in the picture, I want THAT one. And I don't think it would cost a mere $1500.00, unless someone didn't know what they had....

And that really cool jacket that Brian was wearing....man that guy could dress.

But thanks for the Gibson info anyway.
07-19-02 10:14 AM
Mathijs Sir Stonesalot, I have good news for you: the guitars of Brian Jones are -surprise surprise- not very much wanted on the collector/vintage guitar market, and some of them are sold for prices you and me probably can afford. Brian's white Vox Mark 2 ("Teardrop") guitar sold for under US$2000 at Sotheby's, Brian's 1956 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop was purchased by Bill Wyman for US$5000 (that one would do al lot more now -think US$ 20.000), Brian's Gibson J185 Jumbo and Gibson ES-330 didn't sell on a vintage guitar auction in Essen last year, and in London I spoke with a vintage guitar collector who owns guitars of Brian and Keith, and he said that Brian's guitars aren't worth much more than the normal vintage guitar price. He thinks that it is because Brian is not remembered as a guitar player, but as a founder of the Rolling Stones and 60's bad boy. Also, Brian's guitars are badly documented, so it is hard to say whether you will buy a real Brian Jones guitar. One guy owns Keith's 1958 Les Paul Standard with Bigsby tremelo (as used by Keith from 1964 until 1966, see TAMI show for example), and that one is worth about 500.000 British Pounds. He also owns Keith's 1957 Les Paul Custom with moons and daggers painted on it, but it's quite damaged, so it's only worth about 250.000 British pounds....

Mathijs
ps: Brian must have had a large collection of Gibson Firebirds, but none of them has shown up on the market.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road