ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Question about FOS (in Nice) Return to archive
26th July 2006 07:56 AM
egon it's the 1st time i've got FOS tickets.
(as far as i know, 1st time the stones are doing this)

Does this mean i do not have to turn up at 0400am in order
to have a place right in front of the stage?

Cos it's quite hot here in the south, and i rather
drink beer in the pub with gazza & SSC...

If Anyone has got FOS experience, then please share it with me.

I thank you!

26th July 2006 08:04 AM
Gazza depends what you mean by "right in front". If you mean in the first row, then yeah, youd need to be in the queue before the gates open.

Personally I think anyone going hours before opening time in the sort of heat we're likely to have in Nice in two weeks time needs their head examined. Plus, as its a stadium and you have that gap between the barrier and the stage, first row isnt as close as it sounds! Ending up beside the catwalk might be a better option.

However, I had FOS for Berlin last Friday, we were only in the stadium about half an hour before the Stones came onstage and it was relatively easy to get reasonably close to the front had we wanted to.

as I have seated tickets for this show (thanks to you for getting them!) I'm in no great rush to go early anyway. The party the night before and the beach gathering after the show might not suit me and the missus too well as we'll have other plans for the previous day, so it would be more preferential if something was arranged for that afternoon.

[Edited by Gazza]
26th July 2006 08:11 AM
egon All clear, so drinking beer with gazza it is then!

als thanks on behalf of my girlfriend,
who was NOT looking forward to standing in front of a gate
for more than 32 minutes.
(She loves me, but she doesn't love me THAT much)
26th July 2006 08:13 AM
FotiniD What Gazza says (and Angiegirl told me so before the Milan gig as well!) about the gap is very right. You're not as close to the stage as you might think and as if that isn't bad enough, the stage is so high you'll have to keep your head tilted up for all the gig.

In Milan, we arrived at the venue just a little while before Feeder started playing and though I thought we'd end up in the back of the stadium, we were only ten rows back from "fos". Not bad at all, the Stones were very close and we had a great time without waiting for endless hours.

I don't know if we were just lucky or people have a tendency of arriving late... But I wouldn't stand in the stadium for hours just to be in the front line. Not really worth the wait with the stage setup the way it is.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)