ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lost Jimi Hendrix Song To Be Sold.... Return to archive
25th July 2006 06:01 PM
RollingstonesUSA Ocean Tomo, LLC announced today the inclusion of a rare and unique find in The Ocean Tomo Fall 2006 Live Intellectual Property Auction to be held on October 26, 2006 at Capitale in New York City. The copyright and original reel-to-reel recording of the 40-year old, never-before-released JIMI HENDRIX song "Station Break" will be made available in the world's first-ever live auction that includes patents, trademarks, domain names and copyrights.

"Station Break" was recorded during a session early in Mr. Hendrix's career as a solo artist, even before he adopted the modified spelling of his name "Jimi". The song was recorded during the same session as other well-known Hendrix instrumentals such as "Kato's Special" (aka "Hornet's Nest"), "Flying On Instruments" (aka "Knock Yourself Out?"), "No Such Animal", "I'm a Fool For You" and "U.F.O." For unknown reasons, however, the song was never released.

"Station Break" was co-composed by Jerry Simon, President of R.S.V.P. Music, who produced the 1966 recording session at Allegro Sound Studios in New York City. According to Mr. Simon's long-time partner, Celeste Simon: "In 1994, when we were living in Woodstock, Jerry stumbled across this old recording in the closet and realized that nothing had ever been done with this recording. It just slipped through the cracks."

The successful bidder at the auction would receive:

* Ownership of the physical reel-to-reel
* 1/2 ownership of the NY state common law copyright in the sound recording
* The right to digitally re-master the sound recording
* The right to issue non-exclusive licenses to the sound recording (with 1/2 of any such proceeds being owed to the Hendrix estate)
* The right to receive 1/2 of all mechanical license royalties (with the other 1/2 going to the Hendrix Estate) and
* The right to receive 1/2 of all public performance royalties from the performance right societies (with the other 1/2 going to the Hendrix Estate).
25th July 2006 07:24 PM
mojoman any more jimi released is always good. without noel and mitch? chitlin recordings? get me a serviette its gotta be be juicy!!!
25th July 2006 10:12 PM
Taptrick I thought the estate won the rights to all material in court. Either way,I don't have high expectations. If you want to hear some cool unreleased Hendrix (at least unreleased until recently) - I suggest Scorpio Woman off Morning Symphony Ides.

[Edited by Taptrick]
25th July 2006 10:47 PM
mojoman
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

I thought the family won the estate to all material in court. Either way,I don't have high expectations. If you want to hear some cool unreleased Hendrix (at least unreleased until recently) - I suggest Scorpio Woman off Morning Symphony Ides.

thats a great disc. hope they release more stuff like that!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)