ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Europe Summer Tour 2007 Return to archive
25th July 2006 11:55 AM
F505 Dates will be announced shortly!!! (as soon as the school holidays are known)
25th July 2006 11:57 AM
Gazza Will this be the "Doing it for the Kindergarten" tour?

At least they wont have to change the DIFTK initials!!
25th July 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
Dates will be announced shortly!!! (as soon as the school holidays are known)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th July 2006 12:01 PM
pdog For real?
25th July 2006 12:09 PM
Zeeta No chance, that would be moral
25th July 2006 12:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
For real?

er..no!
25th July 2006 01:17 PM
FotiniD
quote:
pdog wrote:
For real?

Maybe in a couple of years, when Keith has that feeling he's left Europe early too...

If I didn't love him so much I guess I'd hate him now

Nasty feeling. I mean, OK, so they mess things up like they do - do they have to make silly statements as well? Sigh...
25th July 2006 01:30 PM
F505
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Maybe in a couple of years, when Keith has that feeling he's left Europe early too...

Nasty feeling. I mean, OK, so they mess things up like they do - do they have to make silly statements as well? Sigh...

In a way I admire how you defend Keith and the Stones by all means. You must love them deeply!
25th July 2006 01:39 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

We have forgiven so much-

-ridiculously high ticket prices
-convoluted fan club presale scams
-sub-standard performances

I honestly wouldn't blame you if you could not
forgive them this latest insult, Fotini.

SV

25th July 2006 03:22 PM
FotiniD Well I don't know if at this point it's called loving them deeply or plain stupidity, F505 and Sweet Virginia, but it's true, I do love them enough to forgive even this.

Well, "forgive", heavy word, but you get the point.

They're responsible for some of the best times I've ever had and they've provided the best possible soundtrack for any occasion, and yes, on the other hand they do act like greedy old bastards. Ups and downs, you get those in every aspect of life.

And let's be true to ourselves, they've done worst in the past... it's just that I think their "mistakes" are starting to gather lately, hence the dissapointment.

To be honest, I wish the biggest dissapointment in my life were the Stones! But heck, they're not, and I'm sure they aren't for you either. At least they keep me happy - most of the time.
25th July 2006 03:24 PM
SweetVirginia They keep me happy, too, and have done so
for 40 years.

Fotini, did you notice I used your quote in
my signature line? It absolutely captures they
way so many of us feel.

SV

25th July 2006 03:29 PM
FotiniD
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Fotini, did you notice I used your quote in
my signature line? It absolutely captures they
way so many of us feel.

Hey Sweet Virginia, I just noticed Thanks a lot! *shy* Glad you feel that way too, that's exactly how I see it at the end of the day. I mean, they're the Stones God dammit. I see their mistakes, I can curse and get really angry with them, but I still wanna listen to them and catch them live. God, a masochistic thing!
25th July 2006 03:34 PM
jb http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/news/news1.shtml

Hopefully he can work this out ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
25th July 2006 03:46 PM
Gazza

Quite a catch, no?
25th July 2006 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Quite a catch, no?

lol!!!! UNBELEIVABLE STORY, IS IT TRUE??????????????
25th July 2006 03:56 PM
Gazza George Michael soliciting in public for gay sex with strangers "unbelievable" ??

Well, it seems to be...its a common haunt for that kind of thing and he appears to have been caught "white handed", if you know what I mean!

"Zip me up before you go-go..."
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2006 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
George Michael soliciting in public for gay sex with strangers "unbelievable" ??

Well, it seems to be...its a common haunt for that kind of thing and he appears to have been caught "white handed", if you know what I mean!

"Zip me up before you go-go..."
[Edited by Gazza]

I could care less about anyone's lifestyle and am totally for Gay marriages;sadly, GM seems to get a thrill out of the anonomity and dangerof this...Ihope he gets well and gets that moneky of his back.........................................>
25th July 2006 04:07 PM
F505 News of the World investigators caught the singer red-handed and red-faced as he emerged from the bushes after cavorting with a pot-bellied, 58-year-old, jobless van driver.

25th July 2006 04:13 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I could care less about anyone's lifestyle and am totally for Gay marriages;sadly, GM seems to get a thrill out of the anonomity and dangerof this...Ihope he gets well and gets that moneky of his back.........................................>

each to their own. Still think the story is as funny as fuck though. However, hes an idiot risking being exposed or blackmailed by doing something like that. Hes more likely to end up having his throat cut doing something like that than anything else.
25th July 2006 04:50 PM
F505 Sorry my thread has ended this way...
25th July 2006 04:57 PM
Gazza It started just as bizarrely, in all honesty - but please feel free to pick up the reins again and we'll ride along!
25th July 2006 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
Dates will be announced shortly!!!

Is this really true ?!?!

That would be cool for THE STONES to make amends for all the postponed / cancelled European dates ( a cancelled Stones gig is most devestating -- see : Chinese SARS dates, curca 2003 ) .

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJACKY !
25th July 2006 05:55 PM
Gazza For what its worth, Bjornulf on IORR remains hopeful of a return to Europe in 2007, going by comments by Keith at the Milan press conference

The Stones PR machine really could have avoided a lot of grief and ill feeling by making a clearer statement on their intentions (or otherwise) for next year before being so quick to announce a return to the US
25th July 2006 06:21 PM
Stray Cat UK They have bled Europe dry.
Look at the gaps in the schedual where they haven't slotted in cancelled gigs because they just weren't selling.

1.OTT PRICING
2.By the look of it, a ridiculously large FOS area
Almost as unfuckingbeleivable as £340 for behind stage standing (ie onstage)
3.Shortened performances AGAIN !

2007 not a chance unless it's a 1 off Wembley at £1k per ticket. They are Cohl's whores.

sc uk
25th July 2006 06:27 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

He needs to be well by fall. His UK tour is outselling the Stones.
25th July 2006 08:41 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
For what its worth, Bjornulf on IORR remains hopeful of a return to Europe in 2007, going by comments by Keith at the Milan press conference

You make Joey smile .

25th July 2006 09:09 PM
glencar They need to let it end.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)