ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Greatest Music Artifact Of The 20th Century Return to archive
25th July 2006 03:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels http://www.rjguitar.com/

BLUES STAR'S GUITAR FOR SALE AT $5 MILLION

The guitar used by blues legend ROBERT JOHNSON could sell for more than $5.4 million (GBP3 million) when it goes on sale on a memorabilia website. Johnson - dubbed the father of rock 'n' roll - played the Gibson L1 acoustic instrument on his only two recording sessions in 1936 and 1937. The 29 songs it produced are said to have inspired a host of subsequent rock stars including LED ZEPPELIN, THE ROLLING STONES, BOB DYLAN and ERIC CLAPTON, who released an album of Johnson covers in 2004. They have all been tipped as potential buyers of the classic guitar, and could boost the staggering price tag on internet site Moments In Time even higher if a bidding war ensues. Johnson died in 1938 aged just 27 - allegedly having been poisoned by a lover's jealous husband.
25/07/2006 07:47

25th July 2006 04:35 AM
vox12string Nowhere do they state WHERE they got this guitar. All they do is compare the photo of RJ with the guitar they're selling. I don't call that provenance.

Now I've got this coconut which a friend sent me from Fiji which..... (Oh sorry, I think that one's been done already)
25th July 2006 06:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
vox12string wrote:
Nowhere do they state WHERE they got this guitar. All they do is compare the photo of RJ with the guitar they're selling. I don't call that provenance.

Good point. Well if its a scam, its a damn brazen one.
25th July 2006 06:35 AM
FotiniD Just 27 when he died eh? Rock 'n' roll's magic number.

I bet Keith will try to get his hands on this one.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)