ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: US Tour announcement Tuesday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th July 2006 03:19 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Can I borrow a few bucks?

How much???
25th July 2006 03:22 PM
Gazza £20,000 ?
25th July 2006 03:24 PM
Altamont
quote:
Gazza wrote:
£20,000 ?

He makes dreams come true!
25th July 2006 03:27 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
£20,000 ?

Would 20k really make you happY? Money is really overrated...
25th July 2006 04:02 PM
Lpollitt So, since I'm not convinced the Louisville show is going to happen, I'm going to head to Chi-town again for the 10/11 show.

Anyone in the Fan Club not going willing to trade their pre-sale code for a T-shirt from the show???? PM me or send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks!!!

LMP
25th July 2006 04:08 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Would 20k really make you happY? Money is really overrated...

I'm willing to try and be proved wrong,...LMAO
25th July 2006 04:59 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
How much???

25th July 2006 05:07 PM
nanatod
quote:
Gazza wrote:
...its just NOT the same band I've grown up with and followed for 30 years. And if I dont believe in it any more, I'll spend my money elsewhere.

Then why do you "bother" moderating this board?

(Asked in all seriousness, not sarcastically)
25th July 2006 07:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:

for jb, joey, and me......also for the kids!
25th July 2006 07:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
nanatod wrote:

er..because I happen to like their music?

I reserve the right to be less enthusiastic about their business practices than I was a few years ago to the point where its offputting. I doubt I'm alone, somehow.

I dont feel that I have to bankrupt myself or need to pay what I consider to be stupid money to see their concerts to enjoy the band's music or prove that I'm a 'fan'. Nor do I feel the need to be enthusiastic about jumping as high as the Stones and Cohl demand I do anymore to be deemed worthy of experiencing whats on offer, or to accept what are increasingly devious, underhand and (as someone who has supported the band for decades) disrespectful methods of extracting my cash without saying enough is enough.

I guess I'm making my own business decision in a way. You chose to highlight the final paragraph in my post. However, the first and fourth ones are somewhat relevant as well!

I'll have seen the band 7 times this year in 5 different countries, so theyre not exactly up there with Bon Jovi on my shitlist, lets face it!! LOL

[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2006 08:46 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Money is really overrated...

You tell 'em Josh

Joe Sea Scroll
25th July 2006 09:07 PM
glencar Yes, the stadium shows are a wee bit of a drag but still, the idea of seeing Lisa's tits again is worth every single penny I can scrounge up.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)