ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: US Tour announcement Tuesday Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
25th July 2006 04:13 AM
Zeeta I'm pleased you US peeps are getting more gigs. However, I find it shocking (though not surprising) that they announce this yet 2 weeks previously they cancel shitloads of European gigs.

The barrel has been truly scraped this time...

25th July 2006 04:18 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Any news yet?
25th July 2006 04:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

He looks like such a harmless little bunny rabbit. Who knew?

he s got something of a white Barry White with a collegian haircut.
25th July 2006 04:29 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I'm pleased you US peeps are getting more gigs. However, I find it shocking (though not surprising) that they announce this yet 2 weeks previously they cancel shitloads of European gigs.

I know. I'm really very happy for all the fans in the States who get to see them again, especially my ROCC sisters

But to say they couldn't reschedule the missing European shows and now... well, now we know why!

Apparently though, there was a rumour that the US dates had already been scheduled and venues booked before Keith's coconut incident. Hence, they couldn't cancel.

I don't know how the logistics work, but I'm guessing it's not a matter of inability to cancel, but more so a matter of $$$ to be lost if they did cancel some US dates to play Europe. More money across the pond.
25th July 2006 05:04 AM
Gazza The US commitments would have been made before Keith's accident, so from that side of things, I'm not annoyed about it - its harder to rearrange 30 dates than it is to rearrange ten, and as Europe was exclusively stadiums, getting the same venues at short notice and in the autumn isnt practical. That said, by NOT giving the reason at the time whay they couldnt reschedule them for later in 2006, its another public relations own goal as most people who had tickets for Euro shows understandably wouldnt have been aware of the logistics.

The decision to not reschedule them for 2007 though - even though some were already sold out - is the real source of annoyance, though. Or even to suggest that they may make any alternative arrangements for Europe at all.
25th July 2006 05:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Will that be London time or NY time? The excitement begins! I won't worry about hearing it on TV or the radio, there will be info here on ROCKS OFF when I login tomorrow, thanks Gazza, for keeping us current.

Youre welcome. The times given in the press release are US times, as the announcement has no relevance to those outside North America. So, 10.30 am where you are - 5 and a half hours from now, I guess.
25th July 2006 05:26 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
I'm pleased you US peeps are getting more gigs. However, I find it shocking (though not surprising) that they announce this yet 2 weeks previously they cancel shitloads of European gigs.

You're right. They don't give a shit about their European fans. A true disgrace.
25th July 2006 07:37 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Thank you, Gazza.
I shall remain glued to my transponder (as soon as I figure out what it is).

A transponder is a channel on a satellite.Anyone with the old style big dishes could pick this up by moving their large dish to that transponder location and co-ordinating the audio frequencies.Wont this be on RS.COM?...No heck that would make too much sense!
25th July 2006 09:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Hey , I ain't no bottom feeder
25th July 2006 09:37 AM
glencar All you angry Euros should come to the USA! I have a feeling some shows will be WIDE OPEN! See: Boise, Idaho...
25th July 2006 09:41 AM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Beautiful Pdog....you made my morning.
25th July 2006 09:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
All you angry Euros should come to the USA! I have a feeling some shows will be WIDE OPEN! See: Boise, Idaho...

I cant wait. Maybe it'll be our turn to rip the piss out of you lot for bad attendances...lol
25th July 2006 09:46 AM
corgi37 Man, this is just crap. If i was a Euro fan, well, i wouldnt be anymore. It's like fucking some slut in front of your wife. "Sorry baby, this bitch is better".

Or, its like you invited your best friend to your birthday, before they got invited to another birthday, but they went to the other one instead.

I marvel at the relaxed attitudes of some of you. I envy your nonchalance. Must fill the heart with glee that some inbred, toothless hick is gonna go "Hyuk, I've loved Jagger since he was in the Beatles", while some Euro's cash in their worthless, cancelled tickets and go "Oh, well, next time".

Whether the U.S. repeat leg was booked or not, this looks shit which ever way you look at it. Perfect timing for Bono to get up and say "We've decided to do some extra Euro dates because we hate seeing fans let down, and think there is a void right now".

Or maybe Robbie Williams can step up to the plate?

Good luck to people from here who this benefits, but i think it stinks.

P.S. I dont know why i am so pissed off! hahahha.
25th July 2006 09:48 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I cant wait. Maybe it'll be our turn to rip the piss out of you lot for bad attendances...lol

I think this time we'll blame the Stones for picking such out of the way places...
25th July 2006 09:49 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

A transponder is a channel on a satellite.Anyone with the old style big dishes could pick this up by moving their large dish to that transponder location and co-ordinating the audio frequencies.Wont this be on RS.COM?...No heck that would make too much sense!

I must run up to the roof immediately!
25th July 2006 09:52 AM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

I marvel at the relaxed attitudes of some of you. I envy your nonchalance. Must fill the heart with glee that some inbred, toothless hick is gonna go "Hyuk, I've loved Jagger since he was in the Beatles", while some Euro's cash in their worthless, cancelled tickets and go "Oh, well, next time".

Kentucky is only getting one show. The rest of this country is much more sophisticato.
25th July 2006 09:57 AM
Zeeta The Stones are bowing out of their UK and Euro touring life with a mere "scrape".

A lowly fuckin scrape of lowest bottom of the lowest barrel ever.

Fuck em
25th July 2006 10:01 AM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, this is just crap. If i was a Euro fan, well, i wouldnt be anymore. It's like fucking some slut in front of your wife. "Sorry baby, this bitch is better".

Or, its like you invited your best friend to your birthday, before they got invited to another birthday, but they went to the other one instead.

Whether the U.S. repeat leg was booked or not, this looks shit which ever way you look at it. Perfect timing for Bono to get up and say "We've decided to do some extra Euro dates because we hate seeing fans let down, and think there is a void right now".

Or maybe Robbie Williams can step up to the plate?

Good luck to people from here who this benefits, but i think it stinks.

P.S. I dont know why i am so pissed off! hahahha.

The King has spoken........................Long live the King!
25th July 2006 10:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

LOL...I've actually no tickets that were cancelled, but for several other reasons including lack of interest in stadiums and/or greatest hits shows and the band's appalling attitude to their fanbase on this tour I've already decided that after August thats it for me. Unless they play a reasonably priced theatre show or two thats not TOO far away. The weird thing about is that I'm not that bothered about it. I guess its just come to a natural conclusion where I've been able to say 'thats enough' and NOT feel like I'm going to miss anything earth-shattering.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2006 10:16 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

...I've already decided that after August thats it for me. Unless they play a reasonably priced theatre show or two thats not TOO far away. The weird thing about is that I'm not that bothered about it. I guess its just come to a natural conclusion where I've been able to say 'thats enough' and NOT feel like I'm going to miss anything earth-shattering.

I understand your point of view Gazza, and I wish I had the same determination but...

I had similar feelings for my favourite Greek band. I followed them round most of their gigs for years - open-air, stadiums, club gigs, you name it. I must have seen them over 70-80 times. From a certain point onwards, I knew exactly not only their disgustingly repeating setlist (boy, if there was a similar board for them, now THAT would be some setlist whining!) but also all the stupid little comments they'd made about every silly song, all the little stories that would accompany each tune, even the way they'd frown or pick up their guitars or something. So damn predictable. I knew all there was to now. It had become boring, predictable and dull.

At the same time, thousands of people around me were cheering them up, singing, dancing, having a ball and talking about what "a great gig" it was. And I'm talking about fans as well, not just the casual passerby - perhaps not as hardcore as catching every gig. So I'm wondering, is it the fact that this particular band was getting worse and worse by the month or was it just the fact I had seen TOO much of them? Perhaps a combination.

But I guess it's almost like a wedding You spend so many years following a band, intimacy grows. You know all the little details. And sometimes this is beautiful and great, other times it's boring and worthless.

I haven't felt this way with the Stones. A mere 3 gigs can't do it just yet. But you know what, I'd rather have seen them as many times as the Greek band I grew so accustomed with. Even if it mean feeling bored - there'd be so many great memories to come back to.

Conclusion: as bad and sloppy, ruthless, money-oriented and bastards as they may get sometimes, they're still really damn great up there and I don't think we should overlook that. I don't want you quitting the live gigs Gazza! Just sounds sad. Give it another try. Perhaps a short detox, just to feel the high again?
25th July 2006 10:25 AM
PartyDoll MEG Found this link, don't know if we will hear anything, but suppose to announce at 11:30 am(whenever that is )in Halifax

http://q104.preview.vortals.ca/inde....asp?ObjID=5215

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
25th July 2006 10:25 AM
jb What really is "reasonable" for this tuype of entertainment. For miost of us, the Stones are still a very important part of our lives. Off course the thrill of seeing them is not the same, as they have been constantly on tour the past 15 yrs....but howe can one really put a price on something we derive so much pleasure from???....even if for only 1hr57 minutes.
25th July 2006 10:27 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Found this link, don't know if we will hear anything, but suppose to announce at 11:30 am(whenever that is )in Halifax

ttp://q104.preview.vortals.ca/index.asp?CP=Menu_2

Link doesnt seem to work..plus I think Halifax is one hr ahead of EST..so 10:30 in eastern USA?
25th July 2006 10:27 AM
Joey " I guess its just come to a natural conclusion where I've been able to say 'thats enough' and NOT feel like I'm going to miss anything earth-shattering. "

You make Joey sad

25th July 2006 10:28 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Link doesnt seem to work..plus I think Halifax is one hr ahead of EST..so 10:30 in eastern USA?

Try again ...I screwed it up
25th July 2006 10:31 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
What really is "reasonable" for this tuype of entertainment. For miost of us, the Stones are still a very important part of our lives. Off course the thrill of seeing them is not the same, as they have been constantly on tour the past 15 yrs....but howe can one really put a price on something we derive so much pleasure from???....even if for only 1hr57 minutes.

They were important to us but you have to admit the interest of many diehards to see them live is diminishing. As I see it the end of the Stones as a touring band is close by. So enjoy the last shows if you can and thank them for almost 45 years entertaining the audience.
25th July 2006 10:32 AM
jb Agree....the Stones fans base is by far the worst of all the so-callled "Super-Groups".
25th July 2006 10:34 AM
GotToRollMe LSTNT posted this link on Shidoobee. Hear the press conference live here:

http://streaming.newcapinteractive.com/q104.asx

And read it on RS.com (thanks JB):

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/press.php

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
25th July 2006 10:35 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Agree....the Stones fans base is by far the worst of all the so-callled "Super-Groups".

Indeed: bald, no knowledge of the songs played, fat, ugly, noisy, rude, only interested in Lisa's tits, most of the time drunk, stoned or asleep.
25th July 2006 10:36 AM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
LSTNT posted this link on Shidoobee. Hear the press conference live here:

http://streaming.newcapinteractive.com/q104.asx

Just read the release from rs.com...reduced priced, different set-lists, etc...(pre-sale starting tommorrow).
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)