ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Richards begs "let art imitate life." Return to archive
24th July 2006 04:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels RICHARDS BEGS 'LET ART IMITATE LIFE'

KEITH RICHARDS has begged PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN directors to let him parody his near-fatal fall from a coconut tree in the third installment of the swashbuckling film. The legendary ROLLING STONES hellraiser fell out of the tree in Fiji in April (06), and subsequently underwent skull surgery. Following the BROWN SUGAR hitmaker's recovery, he is signed up to appear as the father of JOHNNY DEPP's CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW and has suggested a comic entrance to the franchise. A source tells British newspaper the Daily Express he's even discussed the idea with director GORE VERBINSKI: "Keith thinks it would be great to make his entrance by tumbling out of a palm tree. "The director's trying to work out the logistics."
24/07/2006 07:45
contactmusic.com

24th July 2006 04:42 AM
FotiniD God, I knew someone would come up with that idea Didn't think it'd be Keith himself...

I think I'll start the countdown to seeing this...
24th July 2006 05:56 AM
Jumping Jack Falling from the crow's nets perhaps?
24th July 2006 06:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Keith thinks it would be great to make his entrance by tumbling out of a palm tree. "The director's trying to work out the logistics."

yeah, and about half a million North American concert goers will be collectively shitting their pants simultaneously

Now you all know how WE feel!!

very funny idea, but something tells me that unless there's some significant stuntwork done by a stand-in, the insurers behind the Stones tour due to start a couple of weeks later might have something to say about it
24th July 2006 06:49 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

very funny idea, but something tells me that unless there's some significant stuntwork done by a stand-in, the insurers behind the Stones tour due to start a couple of weeks later might have something to say about it

Don't forget you can do anything with a computer these days...
24th July 2006 07:09 AM
SweetVirginia Any story that begins by telling us Keith is
"begging" to do something just doesn't ring true.
Keith doesn't beg!

I'd also expect that falling out of the palm tree
wouldn't seem too funny to any of our European friends
who had their shows cancelled because of that little
accident.

SV

24th July 2006 07:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I'd also expect that falling out of the palm tree
wouldn't seem too funny to any of our European friends
who had their shows cancelled because of that little
accident.

SV

Voice of Wisdow!
but that would be funny let s face it.
24th July 2006 10:00 AM
glencar Howe much of a part will he ahve in the 3rd movie? It seems like there's less than 3 weeks between Europe & the USA Fall Mini-tour.
24th July 2006 11:46 PM
Bitch Actually it would be funny if KEEF's scene in the movie showed him in a coconut palm tree! LMAO Not everyone would catch that, it would be a private joke for KEEF's fans.

So I wonder if this being filmed in LA or NY?
25th July 2006 12:52 AM
Highwire Rob OMG! I had hoped for a scene like this in the Pirates III installment. I hope it's true!

On an island where Capt. Jack Sparrow washes up they could have father Keef strumming a sea chantey under a palm tree. How about if they have a coconut just miss him but smash his guitar? What would his next line be? ...

Or maybe a la Hampton Coliseum, VA '81, Keith swings his early 18th C. acoustic to fend off attacking pirates!

Come on, let's share some more scenes...

25th July 2006 12:59 AM
Taptrick

But the real questions is:

IF KEITH ACTUALLY MAKES IT INTO THE MOVIE - WILL THEY ADD HIM TO THE RIDE AT DISNEY?

25th July 2006 02:02 AM
Highwire Rob Hahahaha! Yes, Mick receives the Royal OBE and Keith receives the Disney "Ahoy Matey!"
25th July 2006 03:44 AM
Fadeout_Freedom About a dozen pirates walking a beach have stumbled onto the remains of a shipwreck and have begun looting; among the finds is an intact upright piano, against a tree... one particular buttpirate bearing an uncanny resemblance to Reg Dwight approaches the keys, plays a few random chords, and finding it in tune, starts the intro to "Candle In The Wind". A couple of his mates nearby had been fighting a tug-of-war over some ladies' undergarments, but they pause, leaning over from the back of the piano, to listen. The rest of pirates are unmoved, arguing with each other over how to break open a nearby trunk.

We continue to hear the intro as the camera slowly pans up the tree trunk... and in the very top, somehow atop the tree, Keith is sprawled out on his back, dead asleep. The piano continues and Keith winces and grumbles and with his eyes shut, slaps an arm absently to whack the snooze button but instead hits a coconut, which falls and hits one of the tug-of-war guys in the head, knocking him out (the other pirate watches him keel over, but retains his own grip on the garment, then turns back to enjoy the song).

Cut to the top of the tree and Keith is sitting up, not fully awake. He listens to the piano for a moment and mumbles/laughs to himself, "Once again, my pianist wakes before I do"... then he does a slow burn as he places the tune. He scrambles to a kneeling position, and we see from behind him (above) as he peers thru the palm fronds straight down the trunk of the tree at the disturbance below him.

Close up of Reg Dwight as he begins to sing modified lyrics, "Goodbye, Lizzy Swann-"

He is abruptly, violently, and noisily flattened into the keys of piano and then to the ground by a falling Keith.

We see, from the backside of the piano, the underpants pirate leaning over the instrument to get a look at the carnage; the pirates standing in the background quarrelling over the trunk have fallen silent and are looking in the direction of the camera, at whatever it is that we can't see on the other side of the piano... suddenly, Keith pops up, plays the last 4 bars of the "Honky Tonk Women" solo, punctuates it with his foot, then collapses.
[Edited by Fadeout_Freedom]
25th July 2006 10:01 AM
corgi37 But, did he REALLY fall out of a tree? Causing cancellations of Euro shows? Or, did they just want to get back to the good old U.S. of A.????

Bullshit? Or not.
25th July 2006 04:33 PM
the good
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
RICHARDS BEGS 'LET ART IMITATE LIFE'

KEITH RICHARDS has begged PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN directors to let him parody his near-fatal fall from a coconut tree in the third installment of the swashbuckling film. The legendary ROLLING STONES hellraiser fell out of the tree in Fiji in April (06), and subsequently underwent skull surgery. Following the BROWN SUGAR hitmaker's recovery, he is signed up to appear as the father of JOHNNY DEPP's CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW and has suggested a comic entrance to the franchise. A source tells British newspaper the Daily Express he's even discussed the idea with director GORE VERBINSKI: "Keith thinks it would be great to make his entrance by tumbling out of a palm tree. "The director's trying to work out the logistics."
24/07/2006 07:45
contactmusic.com

Keith has to be driving these guys crazy. I can't imagine the directors are used to getting many suggestions about the flim from the actors.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)