ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fall tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
22nd July 2006 12:19 AM
glencar Ohio? Get out!
23rd July 2006 05:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
"Aloha" stadium - interesting choice for the final show of the (farewell?)tour...

Final US show with Brian Jones - Honolulu 1966
Final US show with Mick Taylor - Honolulu 1973

Join the dots

Two theatre shows on the entire world tour and both in New York. Yuck. Will this be the much promised '50 dollar' show or another corporate fest?

Some very unusual venues and locations there. How the hell are they going to fill a stadium in Montana at those prices?
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd July 2006 06:03 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
Interesting set of places to play in. Can El Paso support a large show?

they played UTEP in 94. its a small stadium maybe 30,000. U2 and pink floyd have also played there so it probably will sell. in 94 they had law enforcement lining up and down the field and no alcohol sold. lame. it was a kickass show despite bryan adams warming up.
23rd July 2006 06:49 PM
not bound to please Gazza spake:

"Final US show with Brian Jones - Honolulu 1966

Join the dots"

hmmm..

"Some very unusual venues and locations there. How the hell are they going to fill a stadium in Montana at those prices?"

Summit in Montana!

This list is BS. A certain someone is being played.
23rd July 2006 07:13 PM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I got a new Kitty !!!

|
|
|
V

23rd July 2006 07:15 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

I got a new Kitty !!!

|
|
|
V

Please do not hurt it
23rd July 2006 07:26 PM
Joey
quote:

Please do not hurt it

24th July 2006 12:08 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza spake:

Join the dots"

hmmm..

"Some very unusual venues and locations there. How the hell are they going to fill a stadium in Montana at those prices?"

Summit in Montana!

Lamby, the woman who put up the list initially at Shidomeeeeee seems like she's usually correct. If her info is bad, that's one thing but I bet this list is 90% or more accurate.
24th July 2006 01:00 AM
Bloozehound yeah that's what I thought, Stones ain't gonna play no gig in austin

24th July 2006 01:45 AM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lamby, the woman who put up the list initially at Shidomeeeeee seems like she's usually correct. If her info is bad, that's one thing but I bet this list is 90% or more accurate.

Oh - who is this woman? I assumed someone else. Why would they need to leak info to fanatics? Makes no sense.

24th July 2006 03:46 AM
Bloozehound news flash

stonesdoug needs to update his list, I just heard the Stones are gonna play a gig in austin at the KOA camp grounds
24th July 2006 03:50 AM
pdog
quote:

Join the dots"

Ronnie is going to die or quit, is that what you're saying?
24th July 2006 09:10 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

LOL! Pdog, your brain should be insured by Lloyds of London.
24th July 2006 09:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:

It was me who said that, not NBTP.

not specifically (well, I dont think the latter will happen anytime in the near future - the first one I'm less confident about), just that on the only two previous occasions theyve chosen to end a US tour there, its marked the end of one era or another

I dont think they'll tour again after this anyway. This trek has had 'victory lap' written all over it from day one.

[Edited by Gazza]
24th July 2006 09:45 AM
glencar I agree. They're now in their mid-60's or later by the time another tour occurs. Their health is shaky & Mick's gotta be tired of the various shenanigans.
24th July 2006 10:00 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree. They're now in their mid-60's or later by the time another tour occurs. Their health is shaky & Mick's gotta be tired of the various shenanigans.

Charlie stayed on a separate floor from the rest of the band at the Omaha Hilton when they performed here in January .

" I hear things Ronnie ! "

Kins
24th July 2006 10:01 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Charlie stayed on a separate floor from the rest of the band at the Omaha Hilton when they performed here in January .

" I hear things Ronnie ! "

Kins

But that was Omaha....
24th July 2006 10:32 AM
jb Hawaii has not sold out ....only like 30k last time...thye supplemented it with the private Pepsi show for 10 million...
24th July 2006 10:33 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Hawaii has not sold out ....only like 30k last time...thye supplemented it with the private Pepsi show for 10 million...

The tour is a bust .
24th July 2006 10:41 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

The tour is a bust .

Financailly, the tour is doing well. Emotionally, people have really been put off by a lot of what has happened. The sad reality is that this tour, presumably their last, is going to be remembered more for what happened off stage, then on. The mini fall tour will be a last opportunity to say goodbye to the band that has provided most of us with great joy in our lives...Things could have eneded better, but it's not atypical for something like this to occur with the Stoines.
24th July 2006 10:43 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Hawaii has not sold out ....only like 30k last time...thye supplemented it with the private Pepsi show for 10 million...

HUMILIATING!!

We are once again topped by U2!

Pug has informed me that the the U2 Hawaii show (with Pearl Jam as the opening act) sold out in minutes.

* fortunately Pug used ADDA and was able to secure Golden "U" tickets with his Vertigo Fanatic Membership.
24th July 2006 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

he mini fall tour will be a last opportunity to say goodbye to the band that has provided most of us with great joy in our lives...Things could have eneded better, but it's not atypical for something like this to occur with the Stoines.

I am looking forward to the upcoming fall/winter , two hundred and thirty - three date " Mini - tour " of the United States .
24th July 2006 10:55 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

HUMILIATING!!

We are once again topped by U2!

Pug has informed me that the the U2 Hawaii show (with Pearl Jam as the opening act) sold out in minutes.

* fortunately Pug used ADDA and was able to secure Golden "U" tickets with his Vertigo Fanatic Membership.

This has been U2's grand moment as far as touring-almost like the Stones 89 comeback. I don't think they will see this type of success again, but it is certainly amazing how well they are selling, given the fact that they have only a handful of really great songs...They seem to have every demographic group from young to old, whereas we are stuck with 40 plus crowd, caused by higher ticket prices. If the Stones cared to attract younger audience and price tickets for less, they would have sold out more shows...howevwer, when you get 14 versus 16k, but the pric per ticket is averaging near $170, it doesn't really matter..
24th July 2006 11:23 AM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:

but it is certainly amazing how well they are selling, given the fact that they have only a handful of really great songs...

great songs?

jb is it really u? it sounds like you are getting weak!!!
24th July 2006 11:32 AM
Gazza
quote:
mojoman wrote:

great songs?

jb is it really u? it sounds like you are getting weak!!!

yeah - and he almost criticised the ticket pricing strategy in the same post!
24th July 2006 11:33 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Someone has hijacked his computer!

24th July 2006 11:38 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Soon he'll be denouncing zionism.
24th July 2006 11:55 AM
Gazza he's also talking about the German attendances as "not terrible" and even "good" in the Cologne thread. Its an imposter for sure!
[Edited by Gazza]
24th July 2006 12:03 PM
jb It's me....I am trying to rationalize things , otherwise I would be depressed as hell...The Stones appear to be winding things down, groups like U2 and James Blunt dominating , and I turn 44 on 10/11.......(will not attend Chicago Summitt).
24th July 2006 12:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
It's me....I am trying to rationalize things , otherwise I would be depressed as hell...The Stones appear to be winding things down, groups like U2 and James Blunt dominating , and I turn 44 on 10/11.......(will not attend Chicago Summitt).

Good lord. I suggest to take a self-imposed suspension from the board and return when you are up to your old form.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)