ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday!
Indiana University Assembly Center, July 26, 1975
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pete Doherty (ns) Return to archive
22nd July 2006 04:28 PM
Factory Girl MSN.COM Music News 7/22/06
Back to Rehab: Pete Doherty Cancels Concert
Jul 21, 3:49 PM EST

The Associated Press

Singer Pete Doherty has canceled a concert and is returning to treatment in a drug rehabilitation clinic, the concert promoter said Friday.

Doherty, 27, the front man for the band Babyshambles, has been publicly battling addiction to heroin, cocaine and other drugs for months. His band was booked to perform Wednesday on the Spanish party island of Ibiza, but concert promoter Andy McKay said Doherty instead would be returning to an undisclosed clinic Monday.

"We were all really looking forward to welcoming Babyshambles back to the island this year for Ibiza Rocks but, at the end of the day, we love and support Pete and it's his health and happiness that are important," McKay said.

Doherty, the former lead singer of the Libertines, gained international attention after a British tabloid printed pictures of his then-girlfriend, supermodel Kate Moss, allegedly using cocaine at a music studio where Doherty and his band were recording.

Last month Doherty checked into a drug rehab clinic in Portugal, missing a London court date in the process.

22nd July 2006 11:08 PM
keefjunkie who?
23rd July 2006 09:17 AM
corgi37 Does he take drugs?
23rd July 2006 12:01 PM
egon 5 more months...
23rd July 2006 12:13 PM
BILL PERKS wanker
23rd July 2006 02:30 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Guy's a walking obituary.
Should call his band Lifeinshambles...
24th July 2006 03:53 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
Guy's a walking obituary.
Should call his band Lifeinshambles...

Let us not forget that Keith ranked number one in the list of "walking obituaries" for a great deal of many years.
24th July 2006 10:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man How surprising!

Pete Doherty has made a couple of TV appearances here in the UK recently. He's been plugging Babyshambles new "one off" single, Beg, Steal Or Borrow. Copies are to be given away free at a music festival in London they're scheduled to be performing at shortly. I caught both appearances and while he's clearly still struggling, he came across well and his performance of the new track on The Jonathan Ross show was wonderful. His state during these interviews very much reminded me of Keith’s famous appearance on The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1974. He came across as being extremely intelligent, but spaced out completely.

24th July 2006 11:04 AM
Factory Girl I think Babyshambles are just great!! HT Man, please keep me informed on new B/S music!
24th July 2006 12:23 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I think Babyshambles are just great!! HT Man, please keep me informed on new B/S music!

Will do. He's been performing the new track on TV, so I'll guess it'll eventually get a proper release. They were dropped by Rough Trade in case you didn’t know, so are currently without a label.
24th July 2006 12:27 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Will do. He's been performing the new track on TV, so I'll guess it'll eventually get a proper release. They were dropped by Rough Trade in case you didn’t know, so are currently without a label.

Well, I think its just a matter of time before they have a new record deal. I believe that, despite his antics, Pete really cares about his music. And, so do I.

HT Man, PM me your addy again.
24th July 2006 01:06 PM
Honky Tonk Man Done
24th July 2006 01:11 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Done

Do you like the Racounters?
24th July 2006 01:14 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Do you like the Racounters?

I really liked that Steady As She Goes song. Been meaning to get the album, but have'nt got round to it.

FG, check out the new album by Razorlight, titled, er, Razorlight. I have'nt got it yet and would copy it for you, but our PC is playing up and the copier is out of action.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)