ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday!
Indiana University Assembly Center, July 26, 1975
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who's New Song Mike Post Theme Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st July 2006 10:46 PM
RollingstonesUSA I love the new stuff, it's amazing!

21st July 2006 11:04 PM
RollingstonesUSA Another new song "Mirror Door"

21st July 2006 11:15 PM
Gimme Shelter Awesome!!!! Thanks for posting.
21st July 2006 11:15 PM
sirmoonie Awesome man. Great posting.
22nd July 2006 01:42 AM
pdog I like the 2nd tune a bit more!
22nd July 2006 02:28 AM
The_Worst GOOD STUFF!!! YOU ARE GREETED!!!
22nd July 2006 02:46 AM
Lethargy I so wish I could like the who more, and I wish I could get into thos new stuff, but MAN IS IT BORING. Roger's voice is shit, and the material is mediocre.
22nd July 2006 02:52 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
I so wish I could like the who more, and I wish I could get into thos new stuff, but MAN IS IT BORING. Roger's voice is shit, and the material is mediocre.

"Mirror" is a better song but OH MY GOD, the video is a total disgrace, an embarassment. Pete is just plain creepy (and pretentious, and condescending, etc.)
22nd July 2006 03:23 AM
The_Worst Here is the ultimate bring together clip!!! RollingStonesUSA-I've seen your avatar....& you posted about The Who...& it's a Rolling Stones message board....so why not bring all three together!!!

Here you go!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19CZn6Cswk&search=alice%20cooper
22nd July 2006 10:01 AM
corgi37 Does nothing for me, i have to say.
22nd July 2006 10:52 AM
glencar Wow this stuff sucks. I hope they aren't playing the new stuff TOO MUCH on the new tour.
22nd July 2006 12:09 PM
sirmoonie Mike Post - Guy who did theme for Hill Street Blues? Interesting tune - studio version should rock nicely.

Mirrored Door song sounds too convoluted like something off of Chinese Eyes. Rachel Fuller is pretty sexy though.
22nd July 2006 12:37 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Mike Post - Guy who did theme for Hill Street Blues? Interesting tune - studio version should rock nicely.

Mirrored Door song sounds too convoluted like something off of Chinese Eyes. Rachel Fuller is pretty sexy though.

RACHEL IS PETE'S BEARD
22nd July 2006 02:06 PM
Some Guy The new Who does not move me.
22nd July 2006 02:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
The new Who does not move me.

Dance The Night Away....
22nd July 2006 02:09 PM
Some Guy
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

Dance The Night Away....

sup dude?
22nd July 2006 02:11 PM
RollingstonesUSA Relaxing, listening to Undercover, we haven't done anything for a couple of days, and I'm bored as all fuck....What you up too....
22nd July 2006 03:54 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Mike Post - Guy who did theme for Hill Street Blues? Interesting tune - studio version should rock nicely.

'SUP MY NIZZLES .

All the Best Cowboys have Chinese Eyes .

Jersee'
22nd July 2006 03:57 PM
Joey
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
I love the new stuff, it's amazing!

Thanks RollingStonesUSA ...........

The new stuff is damn good .

I like the 1970's flavor running through all the new material .

Whenever I hear the theme song to one of my favorite television shows from looooong ago , " WKRP in Cincinnati " , ........ a big smile comes across my face .

Jacky !
22nd July 2006 03:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:

'SUP MY NIZZLES .

All the Best Cowboys have Chinese Eyes .

Jersee'

Dude, Pete on 7/21/06 - check it bleed.....
=================
A brief respite, day off in Geneva, I should really fly home for the day so I can mix more of the album, but I have now completed six tracks, and have pretty much everything roughed out. I am very behind schedule, I wanted to deliver on June 28. I’ve commissioned a working mobile studio I can use in France on some of the tour days off, designed by Darren Westbrook (the genius who did my home studio you can see in some of my studio videos). So I am able to mix between shows on this European tour as I am based in France for the next few weeks.

The shows are all pretty great. I am playing well and everyone is in the groove, Zak seems suddenly a bit tired, but maybe that’s because he’s young and in love – or something! At his worst, Zak is brilliant, on some of our early shows on this tour he played better than I’ve ever heard him. Rabbit and Pino have pulled out some extraordinary moments too, and Simon’s Casbah Club are truly hotting up the crowds for us. Roger didn’t wear his granny glasses last night, an looked younger for so doing, but claims he was blind. He didn’t see that beautiful Swiss girl who raised her T-Shirt and…… only joking.

The In The Attic series is good fun to do. Rachel and I are really enjoying it. Rachel wore a designer nappy last night she called ‘Bloomers’. They call it fashion. Humph. I promise you she looks better in her bra and knickers. I love getting to play new material, and acoustic stuff, on her show – and that has helped me to be braver about doing new things in my acoustic spot with The Who. I did Greyhound Girl the other day. I also played the long version of Endless Wire in Berlin, both songs were featured first on In The Attic. Last night Mikey played his song Rolling that was just wonderful. And Rachel did a really classy version of Ghost In Your Room.

For the U.S tour we are going to sharpen up the format of the In The Attic show to make it more focussed. It will still be a guerrilla-style webcast show, but we are working on plans to retain the informality but possibly move the ITA stage away from The Who and into more of its own space. We plan a much more down-to-earth Live presentation as well – getting back to the old style glue & string.

You may be able to tell that my focus is shifting a little on Who webcasting too. Seems to me we have given a lot away, and maybe that is not so clever. Roger seems to think when I provide bandwidth for the Who website, and for Live streaming, he is being exploited in some way and wants a piece of the future ‘profit’. Don’t think there is much chance of profit when it is all aimed at charity. But, the success story is that nearly three million minutes of footage has been watched, and about 650,000 of those has been In The Attic. It’s been a great adventure on this European leg of the tour.

Good to see Wire & Glass doing well on iTunes. Feedback from our creaking fans on the music is pretty good too, not that I give a f**k. If people don’t like it they can go back to old Who classics or buy CDs by new bands. I’m just relieved to at last have written new songs out there that Roger sings. It seems we have completely dropped it from our current Live set list – blame the run of Rock Festivals we are playing, but I’m ready to play it solo if necessary. Watch In The Attic for previews.

For the two or three twats who think The Boy Who Heard Music novella was/is‘pretentious’ (it is available elsewhere on this website to read at leisure) remember it is a vital part of my process to involve fans in my unfolding ideas. If you continue to scold me, sneer at me and punish me for being creative – and requiring your involvement – you are forgetting you got the novella for free. This has been a chess game. And I think we are all winning.

Watch this space to see how I intend to make you all pay……..
22nd July 2006 04:10 PM
Joey " Good to see Wire & Glass doing well on iTunes. Feedback from our creaking fans on the music is pretty good too, not that I give a f**k. If people don~{!/~}t like it they can go back to old Who classics or buy CDs by new bands. I~{!/~}m just relieved to at last have written new songs out there that Roger sings. "

Oh that is simply lovely .

Thanks Moonie ....................

Kins !
22nd July 2006 10:17 PM
IanBillen This new Who song is good. Classic Who style. It is delivered well and with enthusiasm. Good song writing.

I won't bitch

This ones alot better than "Real Good Looking Boy". Regardless, all songs can not be of the same calibur any way.

Mirror Door is a good tune as well.

Seems like they have put together some stuff with substance.

From what I have heard in these three songs The new Who could be pretty decent if done well in the studio.

I won't bitch from what I hearing so far.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
23rd July 2006 12:31 AM
Lethargy The Who have Tommy, Who's Next, and Quadrophenia, and they should be damn proud of those.

But the rest of it - all of it, especially this latest schmaltz - SUCKS HARD.
23rd July 2006 06:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
The Who have Tommy, Who's Next, and Quadrophenia, and they should be damn proud of those.

But the rest of it - all of it, especially this latest schmaltz - SUCKS HARD.

How the Frig can you say that when " WHO ARE YOU " , " SQUEEZE BOX " , " YOU BETTER YOU BET " , " ROUGH BOYS " , " LET MY LOVE OPEN THE DOOR " , "EMINENCE FRONT " -- to name just a few -- friggin ROCK and are absolute SONIC MASTERPIECES !!!
23rd July 2006 06:07 PM
mojoman thanx fer the post. the single is goin to be released soon? looking forward to the pete and roger show. will be at opening night in philly.
23rd July 2006 06:44 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Joey wrote:

How the Frig can you say that when " WHO ARE YOU " , " SQUEEZE BOX " , " YOU BETTER YOU BET " , " ROUGH BOYS " , " LET MY LOVE OPEN THE DOOR " , "EMINENCE FRONT " -- to name just a few -- friggin ROCK and are absolute SONIC MASTERPIECES !!!

You're right about those tunes. They do have some isolated good singles/tunes apart from the three aforementioned albums. I like the ones you named quite a bit.
23rd July 2006 06:57 PM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

You're right about those tunes. They do have some isolated good singles/tunes apart from the three aforementioned albums. I like the ones you named quite a bit.

You shall be greeted this fall at the QWEST CENTER ( ... the " Q " )

24th July 2006 12:10 AM
glencar Joey, come to Jones Beach!
24th July 2006 03:28 AM
keefjunkie
quote:
Joey wrote:

I love you.
24th July 2006 09:57 AM
Joey
quote:
keefjunkie wrote:

I love you.

Come to Joey .......

Kins !
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)