ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy Birthday!
Indiana University Assembly Center, July 26, 1975
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: AWD Arena, Hannover - 19th July 2006 - Setlist, Photos and Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
20th July 2006 10:11 AM
GotToRollMe Great photos! Thanks, Jeep!
20th July 2006 10:22 AM
gustavobala only keith-jagger-wood photos!!!!

never charlie, jones...etc...

20th July 2006 10:32 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
only keith-jagger-wood photos!!!!

never charlie, jones...etc...

also no photos of roped off sections and empty seats as promised by Gazza

and still no tent transcript...
20th July 2006 11:02 AM
jb Only 30k!!!!
20th July 2006 11:08 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Only 30k!!!!

no pictures. no proof.
20th July 2006 11:11 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
to all yor setlist moaners.

i can't fucking stand it. i think their setlist and the varity is great.

in 12 shows i've seen so far i've heard 250 songs and 50 different.

i don't feel bad 'bout any setlist so far.

That's too bad...with their huge catalogue, it should only take you about 4 (5 tops) shows to hear 50 different songs.

I wouldn't feel bad about the setlist either if I spent all that money on 12 shows...but if you felt bad about one...you would pretty much feel bad about all of them, IMO
20th July 2006 11:18 AM
mandrack was there, standing place. Field far from full- you could move easily everywhere across the field, seating places-many empty. My guess max 70% capacity

20th July 2006 11:44 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
I have read the stadium was not close to being sold out....around 35k....very sad....
[Edited by jb]

if only more people took our warnings seriously!
20th July 2006 01:06 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
if only more people took our warnings seriously!

if only people took you seriously!
20th July 2006 01:09 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Oh please.

STOP bitching.

Did I tell you I can't wait to hear SOL live in 11 days time? I've promised everyone I'll sing along out loud, really loud.

11 days left to learn the lyrics. I've got the aaaaaahh-ahhhhhhh-haaaaaaaa part down by now methinks. Yay!
20th July 2006 01:26 PM
Jeep From Niedersachsen NDR2 radio website :

20th July 2006 01:34 PM
jb 28k.............wow!!!!!
20th July 2006 03:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
28k.............wow!!!!!

Are the dismal attendance numbers a result of the stagnant/boring set lists?

Or are the auto pilot set lists a result of the dismal attendance numbers?
20th July 2006 03:33 PM
deuce
quote:
Jeep wrote:

hahahaha
[Edited by deuce]
20th July 2006 03:46 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Are the dismal attendance numbers a result of the stagnant/boring set lists?

Or are the auto pilot set lists a result of the dismal attendance numbers?

Good question...I tend to think that the Europeans just are not that excited about the tour...They have sold out every U2 show,and apparently, Stones not cool in Europe anymore. I think the set-lists shows that the Stones realize nothing they do matters....hopefully we can catch up in NA , as U2 has 333Mil with 115 sold out shows and we have only 272 with 72 shows, most of which wee not sold out.This may be the first time we actually lose gross(thansk KR), and U2 will have all time higheat grossing tour(fucking sad).
[Edited by jb]
20th July 2006 04:53 PM
TomL Easy you Buffalo fucker. I'll have to get Meg to kick your ass.
20th July 2006 06:37 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
Easy you Buffalo fucker. I'll have to get Meg to kick your ass.

I think you may be out of your element here, Big Boy.!!
20th July 2006 08:24 PM
corgi37 It's all over.

Europe is getting Omaha'd.

World Cup has taken all the money out of the Euro people. Stupid time to schedule a tour. And again, starting the show in daylight. Why? Just would never happen here. Ever. All that money spent on fireworks and lighting, and its next to useless for 1st 1/4 of the show.

Either way, lap it all up, because the end is nigh. This is effectively the farewell tour. I just cant believe this. I cant believe it is petering out like this. Fizzling out. Spluttering.

They need to desperately get rid of Cohl, drop the sidemen, scale down the crap, and drop ticket prices. But, they should have done that last year. Too late now.

Thanks for the mammories.

20th July 2006 08:45 PM
pdog What a pathetic end to the band!
20th July 2006 09:44 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Did I tell you I can't wait to hear SOL live in 11 days time? I've promised everyone I'll sing along out loud, really loud.

11 days left to learn the lyrics. I've got the aaaaaahh-ahhhhhhh-haaaaaaaa part down by now methinks. Yay!

My baby mama, you got me rocking!
20th July 2006 09:46 PM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It's all over.

World Cup has taken all the money out of the Euro people. Stupid time to schedule a tour. And again, starting the show in daylight. Why? Just would never happen here. Ever. All that money spent on fireworks and lighting, and its next to useless for 1st 1/4 of the show.

Either way, lap it all up, because the end is nigh. This is effectively the farewell tour. I just cant believe this. I cant believe it is petering out like this. Fizzling out. Spluttering.

They need to desperately get rid of Cohl, drop the sidemen, scale down the crap, and drop ticket prices. But, they should have done that last year. Too late now.

We pulled their asses out of the fire in The Big One & yet this is howe they repay us??
21st July 2006 04:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

if only people took you seriously!

Priceless princess!!
post of...the month??
21st July 2006 07:30 AM
Mathijs
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It's all over.

Well, starting at daylight is only because it won't dawn untl about 10.15 PM.

Anyway, if I judge the Dutch situation: we have had about 20 large scale Stones shows in the last ten years, so every man and his dog went to see the Stones. In all fairness, the 2003 tour did not go down well: the Stones played badly, setlists in the stadiums were boring and they played the wrong stadiums again (Amsterdam Arena for example). I guess this time around no one feels like paying 130 euro (160 US$) for a concert they have seem many times before (75% of the songs is the same as in 1990, 1995, 1987, 1999, 2003) of a band that has become a not-to-good tribute band in a concrete echo dome. I don't think it has anything to do with the soccer world cup at all. Also, they haven't been able to create a hype, like they did in 2003 with the club shows. There's hardly any promotion, hardly any buzz. I guess it just isn't interesting anymore. I have said it before: if the Stones would have called this the Farewell tour, they would have sold out multiple shows all over Europe. Now they go out without a bang.

Mathijs
21st July 2006 10:13 AM
marko So,this is the way they are remembered,great way to throw
away your OWN lifetime work?!
Its even better,that i saw them last year!
21st July 2006 10:57 AM
glencar Wait till USA fall tour!
21st July 2006 11:05 AM
Monkeytonk-man Wow, i really liked that set list, would be more than happy to witness a list like that when I go see 'em.
21st July 2006 11:15 AM
marko Wait till USA fall tour!

Whats the point playing in stadiums,they should play in
theatres!
21st July 2006 11:53 AM
glencar 6 or 7 theater/small arena shows...
21st July 2006 01:01 PM
jb
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
It's all over.

Absolutely great post....you really hit it right on...I am sad about it, but I know in my heart they are still the greatest...just a really shitty way to go out...but li9ke athletes who wait too long, it is understandable and kinda expected...(better to burn out than fade away??) I think they should have waited to 2007 and made Euroepp their last great tour-this was way to fractured.
[Edited by jb]
23rd July 2006 10:59 AM
gimmekeef Dont be so down..I predict there is one more rabbit to be pulled from the hat!..and if not..they end with all time gross...who else can say that?..until UPoo in 2012....
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)